( search forums )
CTF_Rotunda (link fixed)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
The Geologist
August 11, 2005, 1:53 am
Ahoi! Been a while since I've put any maps up here, and in that time I've taken up a new map making program. As you've seen in recent days Polyworks can create some truely amazing maps, and while my map doesn't have any fancy shmancy lighting effects (:p), it is my first creation using the new program. I hope it's well recieved.

Teh breakdown:
*Supports ctf, rambo, and pointmatch play
*Good for 8-14 players
*NOT WAYPOINTED. I had a working route completed and for some reason it totally disappeared on me, so...I'm too lazy to do it again. Anyone willing shall recieve credit for their work.
*Thanks to Urhos for, if I'm correct, an update to the agrest texture released with his Blood mod? Hope I got that one right...
*Thanks to those who helped me test the map: Judgeman, Poop, Kikazz, and Gunpowder.

Overview

Some screenies:
Screenie 1
Screenie 2
Screenie 3

Teh Download

A big thanks to Imageshack.us for hosting these images.

As usual comments are appreciated. Report any problems and I can release an updated and fixed version. Enjoy!

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 1:57 am
nice! totally original

mar77a
August 11, 2005, 2:15 am
Well, awesome maps, but it doesnt seem like you know some basic physics called "Gravity".... :P

The Geologist
August 11, 2005, 2:17 am
Why do you say that? Floating islands?

Edit: I appreciate comments, but more specific comments would be helpful if possible. My physics isn't the issue :p

papasurf31
August 11, 2005, 2:29 am
Great map, nicely shaded with great color variation, and I love the spikes and that broken bridge. There also seems to be something in the top left hand corner, what is that?

The Geologist
August 11, 2005, 2:31 am
lol...that was the scenery I was currently using when I took the screenshot. It's not a part of the map, and only occurs in the overview by accident. Gracias!

Michal
August 11, 2005, 3:27 am
Looks good, it has a very "sculpted" look. The broken bridge and murky water look great. Nice colours and good layout too.
Its good to see more and more people using polyworks :>

Rambo_6
August 11, 2005, 4:02 am
The only things i can nitpick about:

-There's a pretty large vertical distance from the middle islands to the bottom. Not a large issue, really.
-The roof looks a bit blocky ;) Again, mot a big issue.

I like the sahding on the map as well.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 4:09 am
I like the texture, and I really like the black mist. However, I think the team spawns are too close to the flag; it makes it sort of like Maya, which is a pain if there are less than four players, or a really low team spawn time. Btw, I think I have some time to waypoint.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 5:18 am
Looks great, and I especially like the little snipers nest in the middle.

_Mancer_
August 11, 2005, 6:11 am
This may be a noob question.. but I cant figure out how to shade or 'paint shade' in Polyworks..

Nor can I figure out how to click-select a poly and move it around :X

The Geologist
August 11, 2005, 7:13 pm
Nothing to say about the map? Thanks...

Hop on the PW channel on IRC, got all my questions answered there..

Soap
August 12, 2005, 12:23 am
You are using that terrible texture that Urhos likes so much.

Aquarius
August 12, 2005, 12:41 am
I like it! People make really good maps with PW :)

Leo
August 12, 2005, 6:22 am
Nice map but how you download ? When I click on the link I get a "file upload" page.

The Geologist
August 12, 2005, 7:12 am
Turn off your pop up blocker and enjoy.

Leo
August 12, 2005, 8:34 am
Yes got it. I think it's going to be on my server when the map bug is fixed :)

Keron Cyst
August 12, 2005, 11:02 pm
I'll get it as soon as it's waypointed. I don't know why but I just can't stand unwaypointed maps (I don't even play with bots)...

DeMonIc
August 14, 2005, 2:49 am
True Geo Quality :) I'll dl it, try to get it hosted on a server, we'll see how good it really is :) Hope you get back on the mapping track again.

Raptor
August 15, 2005, 12:55 am
The map is really good!

*Downloads*

btw, which program are you using to view the map?