( search forums )
Modified Vote Kick and Realistic Scoring
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Vijchtidoodah
August 11, 2005, 9:57 am
The new vote kick thing is amazing, but it could be better:

First, the person being kicked should be in large, legible letters and absolutely not the same size as the name of the person who initiated the vote. The reason for this is simple: in my stupidity, I managed to vote-kick and ban myself from a great server because I thought I was kicking the person who actually started the vote. Luckily (for me anyway), I know that I'm not the only person idiotic enough to commit such a folly.

Second, the current process is a tad time-consuming. I know that it only takes about ten seconds to navigate the menus and type in the reason, but a realistic/survival server's rounds only last about 20 to 30 seconds. I propose we add in a feature much like America's Army (which, Michal, I know you are familiar with) where you have a few default options to choose from by means of hotkeys. I.e., (1)Spawnkilling (2)Hacking (3)Other...you get the idea.

Another problem I've been having is the score system in survival mode. It used to be that you'd get to cap if you were the last person alive and get your due points. But now, no matter how hard that person tries, the sole survivor still won't receive any points because he suicides shortly after killing his last opponent. I think that it would be a great idea to give him the points of a cap since he would have gotten the flag anyway. Likewise, if there are multiple survivors, the score could be split between them.

Questions? Comments?

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 10:07 am
I like your ideas. By the way, was the no-guys-left-but-nothing-happens bug fixed?

firebolt145
August 11, 2005, 3:56 pm
I agree with both suggestions.

Although probably the person with the flag should get the better share of the 20/25 points given out at the end of each round.