( search forums )
plz help (1.3)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 2:24 pm
i install soldat 1.3, play it for a few hours, then suddenly the game starts to freeze (connection problem sign appears). I leave the server and reconnect and this error shows up freezing the game:

[IMAGE]

Now it shows up every 30 secs or so and it's impossible to play.

I've downloaded and reinstalled soldat, but after a few hours of playing it all started again.

oh and this happens both the patched and full version.

my stuff:
Ati radeon 8500
256 ram
win Xp
512kb/s

:/ plz help

edit: this didn't happen in 1.21

FliesLikeABrick
August 11, 2005, 5:42 pm
the fact that the hexadecimal memory address is 00000000 means that this is most likely a problem in the program, where it is trying to read from a null memory address (the address 0 or 00... means null in most languages, allowing memory pointers to be set to a value to represent "none" rather than having to be unset, potentially leading to unexpected outcome)

Most Access Violation errors occur from programming oversights, where a function/memory call tries to read a memory location which is outside the scope of the main function call (program). When this happens, the kernel presents an error indicating that the function has performed an illegal operation, and most of the time.

Most commonly, a loop goes one iteration too far, then the counter variable is referenced later on, when it is an invalid value (whereas it is valid as long as the loop is running).

In this case, where it tries to read from a null location, it is most likely something different.

/me spent an entire semester studying dynamic memory usage, allocation, and data structures

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 3:50 am
You don't happen to use Netzero do you?