( search forums )
Your nifty trick in Soldat...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
mickle89
August 11, 2005, 4:14 pm
Does anyone have a nifty little trick whilst playing Soldat they would like to share.

Here's mine: Using the Spas on ctf_Voland on the very top to smash enemies coming for my team's flag into the deadly ground.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 4:19 pm
The only trick I use is ricocheting nades off walls into people. I've become quite good at that. Helps with campers.

N1nj@
August 11, 2005, 4:24 pm
last time I checked, nades don't ricochet

ráz0r
August 11, 2005, 4:27 pm
He meant bounce tbh.. and these aren't really tricks are they?

Ninjaz : while in air, tap prone button, hold switch weapon button and hold jet and its faster than doing a superman. You can also do it on the ground to confuse enemies, you look like a snake :p.

Hoodlum
August 11, 2005, 4:56 pm
These are more like suggestions but my "trick" is using ruger on low on ctf_Voland as its a straight show so easy kills.

Chakra`
August 11, 2005, 5:23 pm
i like backflipping off walls...depends on the wall, but it can be done :)

SuperKill
August 11, 2005, 5:24 pm
razor and ninj@ - maybe he meant m79 nades? oO

ráz0r
August 11, 2005, 5:33 pm
Im pretty sure he didnt.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 6:21 pm
Just getting bloody, hiding in corpses and wait. Works much better on Realistic of course.

rabidhamster
August 11, 2005, 6:48 pm
^that's fun :P
i pretend i'm dead a lot.

hold down prone, and you do the worm :D

walk on top of a proned female teammate's äss (female soldiers are hard to find, so do it whenever possible), facing her direction, and repeatedly tap crouch. figure the rest out.

Swebonny
August 11, 2005, 6:55 pm
rofl i love the backflip witch i think is a trick. Backflip ´with knife throw..it will be beutiful :D

Twinkler
August 11, 2005, 7:07 pm
I like to M79 launch toward the enemy, then take out my saw and worm around in the air with jets and prone to get at them. I end up looking like an extremely hungry fish with razor sharp teeth.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 7:09 pm
Yeah, sorry. I meant standard grenades and BOUNCE off the walls.

It's not really a trick, just a tactic that I'm sure is widely used. Just saying that I like to use it particularly against campers because it always seems to confuse them. heh heh

_Mancer_
August 11, 2005, 7:47 pm
I dance to dodge people :)

SuperKill
August 11, 2005, 7:54 pm
oh that's just lame and stupid, and never works. ;p

Keron Cyst
August 11, 2005, 8:33 pm
Some guy named Scout keeps insisting at the SoldatMods forum that continuously going prone in mid-air can dodge bullets.

My tip? ctf_Voland's respawn areas... regenerate your health!!1!eleven!!!11!1!eleven!1!one!!1!1eleventy-one!!1!one!!one!1! :-D

Blackdavis
August 11, 2005, 8:58 pm
Nadeboosting....

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 9:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by SuperKilloh that's just lame and stupid, and never works. ;p

It works almost 100% of the time for me.

Kazuki
August 11, 2005, 9:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_I dance to dodge people :)

I do that, too. It works pretty well as far as autos go. However, it works even better if you're below your opponent. You can roll back and forth and they'll almost never hit you. It's pretty cool.

I go in and out of prone while jetting a lot to try and avoid bullets. It works sometimes, but I don't really care. I'm not exactly the type of player who tries to stay alive. For me, it's more like "kill me and you will die as soon as you see my flag." That's usually the way it works. I rush without any real thinking. I'll kill one or two people along the way and then get killed myself. Guess you could say I'm more supportive that way because I protect the base by killing my opponents early in their attack, and then the cycle starts again. I don't really score much because of the way I play. :X

SuperKill
August 11, 2005, 9:30 pm
what the hell
either i 'tango' with terrible dancers, or you dance to terrible crowd. (HAR)
i cant really find the problem to nade both sides of the person and pull out a soccom to really make him dance.

or if i have m79, i just shoot at where he dances. most of the time it kills anyway, but when it doesnt, it sends the dancer flying.

ráz0r
August 11, 2005, 9:36 pm
Me & Skoskav dont say "U Cant Touch This!! Nananana!! For no reason.

TheRelinquished
August 11, 2005, 9:37 pm
I call my favorite tactic the "Exploding Shotgun Technique". Basically it's a grenade whipped directly at an opponent, followed immediately by a round of buckshot. It looks really cool, and it almost never fails to kill. The second shot is really just to make sure that the grenade doesn't bug out and leave them with a sliver of health.

wunderbear
August 11, 2005, 9:45 pm
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster^that's fun :P

walk on top of a proned female teammate's äss (female soldiers are hard to find, so do it whenever possible), facing her direction, and repeatedly tap crouch. figure the rest out.

That reminds me...

[IMAGE]

:D

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 10:21 pm
Lmao at that VGCats comic.

that fuking sniper
August 11, 2005, 10:31 pm
When an enemy is above me and I'm on the ground, I'd roll over back and forth in an erratic and non-patternal way to throw his aim off if I'm reloading. Works very well against barret and ruger users.

VodkaZombie
August 11, 2005, 10:34 pm
Ricoche off the walls with a barret is deadly and pretty cool.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 2:28 am
I like to GET IN THEIR WAY. What I mean is, I love to take the chainsaw, force myself just a bit infront of my enemy. While the fool is still running foward, stop and begin the chainsaw ;). Works good in tunnels...

The guns as well as the chainsaw works fine too.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 3:55 am
Don't know how "novel" or "nifty" it is, but I like to drop my chainsaw sometimes and pick up a m79 to use as a secondary... Try to kill off the opponent in one shot first, and then switch to my primary if it comes to that. M79's also good for that since I'm terrible with knives, and you don't have to pick it up again after firing.

I also like to use the chainsaw a lot. One of the last things people expect is for you to leap at them and slice them in mid-air. Chainsaw is just fun anyway, too :P

Happy Camper
August 12, 2005, 4:07 am
I like using guns to shoot people, that seems to always work for me.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 4:11 am
Meh, shooting people is okay, I guess... ;)

mickle89
August 12, 2005, 8:49 am
Originally posted by that fuking sniperquote:I'd roll over back and forth in an erratic and non-patternal way to throw his aim off if I'm reloading.

You can't roll whilst reloading.

When using the chainsaw it's not a good idea to show it otherwise they know to move so you end up chasing them everywhere. It's best to pull it out at the last minute.

karmazon
August 12, 2005, 9:53 am
I abuse the bug when nades get you in walls when I have the flag

wunderbear
August 12, 2005, 9:53 am
quote:Originally posted by YoMammasMammaDon't know how "novel" or "nifty" it is, but I like to drop my chainsaw sometimes and pick up a m79 to use as a secondary... Try to kill off the opponent in one shot first, and then switch to my primary if it comes to that. M79's also good for that since I'm terrible with knives, and you don't have to pick it up again after firing.

I also like to use the chainsaw a lot. One of the last things people expect is for you to leap at them and slice them in mid-air. Chainsaw is just fun anyway, too :P

The M79 secondary is a good trick, i agree. I often use it in place of the LAW.

vash763
August 12, 2005, 10:11 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonI abuse the bug when nades get you in walls when I have the flag

boost the minigun speed REALLY far up, and put yourself in a wall that way

papasurf31
August 12, 2005, 2:01 pm
I backflip in mid-air, by jumping backwards then pushing jets slightly after. It's like a double jump, and sometimes works better at throwing off your opponents aim.

In realistic mode, I aim with my cursor very close to my soldat's body. Recoil is reduced this way, but it's a bit more iddficult to know where your shooting, but you'll get used to it. It really only works with autos.

August 12, 2005, 2:33 pm
People call it the backflip XD

And ur right, i use it too against barretards. Works in tight spaces like Equinox (Low) or Ctf_Run (low) or spaces with holes above u where u can get out of the line of fire.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 2:37 pm
The flip is slightly useful, I guess. I guess I'm a bit suicidal with my mentality of kill them before they kill me. heh heh

Maxx
August 12, 2005, 3:16 pm
Try tapping your jet boost while you roll.

Makes movement a lot smoother.

Rambo_6
August 12, 2005, 4:05 pm
I usually aim at the enemy and click a lot of times. That usualy kills them. I also like to use my secondary weapon occasionally. Grenades are also a help, too.

Whenever i can't walk up a slope, i try to jet over it. That usually works.

i am ahab
August 12, 2005, 4:35 pm
i find that asking really stupid questions will sometimes give me an answer i can understand from some leet pwner who sometimes also wont abuse me.

AND I LIKE LEAVING TEH CAPS LOCK ON AN SPEEKIN LIEK OMFGROFLOLHTF.

and i like camping near my base in ctf when the flag isn't there, just incase some one whos playing on my team returns it, it will need guarding.

i also like not reading the manual.

and abusing admins. whilst theyre in their server. theyre liek so stupid for having gone to the time and effort to set up a public server. what n00bs.

August 12, 2005, 5:24 pm
Oooh, OOH! supertip.

enemies can be smart.

If there are enemies in ur base, don't (Please refrain from swearing)ing return the (Please refrain from swearing)ing flag until ur flagger gets back and is on the cap spot. If u do, u will have to go through the entire agonising (Please refrain from swearing)ing progress many (Please refrain from swearing)ing times. Hppy?

reckon
August 13, 2005, 5:14 am
Heres a good tip: If youve a barret and theres a beserk by you, dont get it. Save it for a team mate who has a more efficient beserking wep, namely autos.

UGK
August 13, 2005, 7:00 am
LOl when im in predator and i have flag and someone is chasing me, i lay down and act like the flag is just standing there.... when they get close,i throw my knie and laugh.LMAO u fell for it

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 4:20 pm
Speaking of predator, it's best to stay still and fly as little as possible when you have it--Movement makes you much easier to see, while if I stay still and just fire from my position, no one ever seems to have a clue what hit them.

Of course, such information is kinda pointless in, say, ctf or inf, but it's a good thing to do in deathmatches.

August 13, 2005, 4:39 pm
Another tip: watch ur hud. If ur team mate on the same path as u suddenly dissapears/ turns red on the hud, and you are reloading, i suggest you run. Also, if 3 or more team mates dissapear and you're using a barret, find an auto fast. This usually means enemies are headed your way. Just make sure they're on the same path as you, you can usually tell if their names are at the same level. And don't keep watching the hud, or a barretard will catch u off guard..

Happy fraggin'

Belier13
August 13, 2005, 5:45 pm
If someone is too strongt for me, I vote to kick him and I say that he cheats, so I wont get owned too many times

Xanthophobia
August 13, 2005, 6:12 pm
I like to superman through enemies, throwing my knife just as I come into contact, so it looks like I kill them by diving into them. :>

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 6:24 pm
Yeah thats fun to do and its very accurate.

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 6:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by XanthophobiaI like to superman through enemies, throwing my knife just as I come into contact, so it looks like I kill them by diving into them. :>

Better accomplished with a chainsaw? heh heh

GAMEOVER
August 13, 2005, 6:46 pm
When campers are close to your spawn area and trying to spawn you taking an m79 to propel yourself towards em real fast then lob the knife at em.

GAMEOVER
August 13, 2005, 6:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Belier13If someone is too strongt for me, I vote to kick him and I say that he cheats, so I wont get owned too many times

LMFAO..

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 6:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Belier13If someone is too strongt for me, I vote to kick him and I say that he cheats, so I wont get owned too many times

Spoken like a true Soldat Pro

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 9:17 pm
Well, my "nifty" trick in Soldat is that when I'm out of ammo and an enemy confronts me, I fly over him and bombard him with nades like a retard. The percent that he dies is very high.

The @venger
August 15, 2005, 10:25 pm
i like to extinguish my jets, but keep holding the jet button, in that way, you get a smooth kinda movement; especially in midair, that can confuse the enemies aim. although its not very effective, its fun, and you can do the moonwalk and.... ...stuff.

Outcast
August 15, 2005, 11:31 pm
Sorry. I can't share secrets just like that! PM with the sum you want to pay for my services and i'll teach you all the tricks you want! The highest bidder only offcourse.

DT
August 16, 2005, 12:52 am
The rolling DT backflip
you roll backwards and let your jets fly.. i use this all the time

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 10:14 am
if im playing CTF i migth just do sum thing i call a jebus shot that is where u shoot with sniper from your end and keep shooting intill u get a beed on the base/not respawn spot and snipe like crazy I LUV IT

Psyker
August 17, 2005, 3:27 pm
i shoot my gun to kill enemies

i have no tricks :(

August 17, 2005, 3:34 pm
@jebushunter.....thats what they call being a spawning barretard...can give u a bad rep.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 8:48 pm
i am jebus i will and i say ~~LET MY PPL KILL~~ thats all

AHH i said j#e#s#u#s i said i wuz swearing

i snipe camper at the base the so my team can steal the flag BUT ONLY IN CTF

The Geologist
August 17, 2005, 10:11 pm
You're not funny.

Edit: Deep breaths..calm...

tRaQs
August 18, 2005, 1:31 am
quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster^that's fun :P

since when was there female characters? in version 1.3 where they released? if so whats the difference?

I should say my trick, its called the "you walk into a bush and die becuase IAMSTILTZ is in there w/ a CHAINSAW!" trick.

The Geologist
August 18, 2005, 1:56 am
quote:Originally posted by tRaQs
since when was there female characters? in version 1.3 where they released? if so whats the difference?

Female characters are a very recent development. Lots of people have talked about adding a female counterpart to the generic male soldier, so in responce to this mounting pressure Michal added a new female version of the soldier. Notice teh boobies.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 7:44 am
Really?

karmazon
August 18, 2005, 7:49 am
quote:Originally posted by FluffyReally?

hahahaha
funny

August 18, 2005, 8:36 am
@jebus, still, its being a complete asshole and making the game insanely boring. How would you like it if people kept pwning you whenever you spawn? And people know when you spawn, you just open the score menu and look at whos dead. As soon as the dead sign dissapears, they'll kill you.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 8:48 am
like i said BEFORE i dont shot respawn i shoot campers at the other base and i only do it when there is a huge amount of ppl on and i hate it when i cant respawn because of ppl camping next to respawn I DONT DO THAT i may snipe but i am on the move all the time ~~well not in CTF i camp sometimes on CTF~~~~

Mr. Domino
August 18, 2005, 10:16 am
I like doing Kage Maru multiple rolls, particularly when holding the flag high at the respawn point in Voland. I used to think consecutive rolls had no use, but I find it helpful to distract people trying to use the "fast shot through wall" bug into (hopefully) losing their aim and missing.

GAMEOVER
August 18, 2005, 10:58 am
quote:Originally posted by jebushunterlike i said BEFORE i dont shot respawn i shoot campers at the other base and i only do it when there is a huge amount of ppl on and i hate it when i cant respawn because of ppl camping next to respawn I DONT DO THAT i may snipe but i am on the move all the time ~~well not in CTF i camp sometimes on CTF~~~~

p00n

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 9:29 pm
yes/maybe/no?

tRaQs
August 18, 2005, 10:24 pm
You know the default ctf map, with the stationary gun in the middle, and the tunnel underneath it.

when you go in a group flag raid return it over the middle and do this.(aka operation HTWRGDN)

A) Have Barret.
B) Take over stationary gun.
C) Wait for team to come back past you with flag.
D) Rip the opponents(suckers) to pieces with stationary gun.
E) Generally they ignore you and keep pursuing the flag carrier.
F) Dismount from gun and snipe as shoot all rest, if possible.
G) Now you have the flag(Hurrah).

It's pronouned TWIRG-DIN, morons.

candiru
August 19, 2005, 4:15 pm
MY trick using hacks, camping, using minigun, spraying, spawn killing, and then finally getting owned and whining.

August 19, 2005, 4:30 pm
Oh real funny, using hacks. If we took that seriously, you'd be banned. And thats a useless technique, say something that

a) wont hurt a persons rep if they use it
b) wont make them completely suck at soldat
c) actually helps them get better.

Another tip: Going full on only works in certain areas against certain foes. In the open, dont even (Please refrain from swearing)ing try to chainsaw a barretard unless ur rlly good with maneuverin. In tunnels with good cover, you should try to get a ruger when facing barretards, or an mp5 to bink em. In rlly long tunnels, try to pass it fast. if you see a person carrying a chainsaw, dont underestimate em. And always travel in packs of 2 or more, cos barretards usually get scared or confused and they dont know who to hit. I usually do this with four ppl carrying a range of weapons, so they will prolly retreat.

Facing a short range in an open area? stay out of his rang, come from his blind spot, flank him, try tactical moves, come from above to slow down his bullets with gravity.

Remember, gravity does not affect an m79 fired downwards. It goes straight to your target.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 5:44 pm
Well, somtimes when the enemy is coming at me. . . .

I kill them.

This thread is kinda pointles, but if you must know "tricks" I throw nades under peoples paths as their running at me, they will always walk over them, I stay in the air almost all the time, I prone in mid air to make myself a smaller target, I wip out secondaries, take other peoples weapons, and my best trick? . . . . . . .I Aim. . .

CrapBomba
August 19, 2005, 6:14 pm
I use a technique that makes nobody on the other team take me seriously, so i can effectively run into their base and out with the flag :p Just run by enemies really fast with a chainsaw or a LAW or fists and they'll think : OMFG a n00b, 1 g1v3 hi/\/\ /\/\3rCy
Then you can score XD