( search forums )
Modified weapon menus, for special gameplay
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 4:43 pm
I wrote this suggestion(s) allready in the this second page, because i think its better to costumize the weapon menu then banning a weapon from soldat.

ok the part i allready wrote (there two suggestions, i like both):

1. Selectable secondarys (between more then 4 weapons)
well i think it would be cool if we have a bigger pool of weapons to set as secondary (that means in game you can select between 4 secondary sets by the admin)

2. About modifiing the Weapon Menu
I think Soldat would grow if we have the possibility to design the weapon menu ourselves.

how to explain :/ we have 10+4 selectable weapons, free the order of it, just a 'little' example:

A modded weapen-menu could work like this:
[code]
1 <weapon> <--+ Here can be placed EVERY weapon,
2 <weapon> <---| (that means also secondarys, maybe also bonuses, or the bow(s))
3 <weapon> <----| They can be set to every postion you like.
4 <weapon> <-----|
5 <weapon> :
7 <weapon> .
8 <weapon>
9 <weapon>
10 <weapon>

'1' <weapon> <--+ For Secondarys you can set also normaly primaries,
'2' <weapon> <---| and every Bonus, Special...
'3' <weapon> : It should be also possibly
'4' <weapon> . to add a weapon what is allready primary
[/code]

Some points from the other thread:

@Keron Cyst (@firebolt145, too): i hope its ok to take response to your questions and demurs you have (or not :P).

quote:you want to spawn with power-ups and/or two Primary weapons?well i think since the weapon mods (we can make the 'normal' weapons as heavy as some power ups or the bow (so i think))there is no reason why we dont put also the 'real' weapons you can get as an power-ups or special weapons. And buying two times the same weapon isn't unusual i think, maybe its also good for strategic gameplay.

quote:what's wrong with getting used to the current weapon menu design?Nothing is wrong with getting used to the current weapon menu design, but i could make much more fun if you playin for example the cs-maps,i think its cool if we have our own weapon menu with our 'own' weapons.

quote:I don't think your idea's worth the extra programming time...Hmm why not? because its only a kind a illusion making the game better? Well on the first view it may, but i think it would be realy a good feature.

quote:A bow is already in the game -> rambomatch. It shouldn't be implemented in usual games.Yeah, i think putting the bow(s) from rambo (with its characteristics) to 'normal' shouldn't be implemented. But as a normal weapon not as strong* (we can mod them as we like) would be cool.

Edit:
It's not a replacement for the old one, just the possibility to play on servers with for example the cs maps, to have a realistic/new weapon pallette.

I think this would be a great feature a good addition for special game modes (not only these we have in soldat allready), its like a power up for reality feeling.

Ok, enough of that what i think, i would like to hear what you think, to discuss a suggestion and talk about it (don't do only the like dislike posts) bring your point over maybe you have some idias to make this suggestion better. :)

Keron Cyst
August 11, 2005, 7:23 pm
Ah. Then you should only be able to customize weapon mod menus, not the official one.

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 8:11 pm
Choosing the weapon list sort of makes sense, but it's useless. Besides we already have that - you choose none, any, or all of the 14 possible weapons. As for changing the look and feel of the menu - if I understand you correctly, that doesn't make sense at all, since the menu is a function of the client and not the server.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 12:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by riverphoenix]As for changing the look and feel of the menu - if I understand you correctly, that doesn't make sense at all, since the menu is a function of the client and not the server.

well its not that its only the client who has functions with the weapon menu. We can disable weapons server side, why we shouldn't have costum weapen mod tables. The look and feel is more the interface what this is for it think.

@Keron Cyst: yeah thats what i mean. :)