( search forums )
U13SSS re-development
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
FliesLikeABrick
August 11, 2005, 8:36 pm
I am planning to re-code large portions of U13SSS to greatly improve the speed of the stats updates.

The current release contains large bugs in the On-The-Fly update system which have yet to be fixed.

In my next immediate release, release 5.0, I plan to:
-Add FTP support
-Fix these bugs

In the following major release (there may be intermediate releases 5.x) I would like to compile a list of features to be added. Please suggest anything:
-admin interface for u13sss(time-consuming)
-improved customization of top10s page (easy)
-password protection of the statsupdate page (easy)
-IP protection of the statsupdate page (relatively easy)

mar77a
August 11, 2005, 11:24 pm
I would like to see a Friendly Admin Interface, eg. admin.php:

Admin your server: Update Mapslist, Ban IP, Ban Player, UpdateStats, Show server as offline (?), Disable on the fly statsupdate......dunno, you know your features?

Another thing you should also add is a pass to statsupdate.php :) (And you know what i mean)

FliesLikeABrick
August 11, 2005, 11:26 pm
i will add at least some of those, a simple admin page at the very least. in the current releases, adding a password to statsupdate.php can be done very easily by just requiring certain vet variables/values :P thats what i ended up doing with mine, as well as IP restrictions

mar77a
August 12, 2005, 2:11 am
Well I was involvoved certainly in you putting a password to statsupdate.php :)

Just think of people who dont know that "much" PHP to put a password, oh come, if it is so easy, just implemente it, yes? :)

hock3y
August 12, 2005, 6:59 pm
Ways to change the Top 10's to be able to have say... Top X killers, top X point getters, up to 100 I guess. So you could have 10, 15, 20, etc. top whatever showing. Hope you understand that.

Denacke
August 12, 2005, 8:04 pm
Nice to hear you working again on this project. Looking forward to the FTP feature :)

mar77a
August 13, 2005, 2:40 am
quote:Originally posted by hock3yWays to change the Top 10's to be able to have say... Top X killers, top X point getters, up to 100 I guess. So you could have 10, 15, 20, etc. top whatever showing. Hope you understand that.

That's not very easy if you understand a bit of MySQL and PHP :)

FliesLikeABrick
August 13, 2005, 6:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by mar77aquote:Originally posted by hock3yWays to change the Top 10's to be able to have say... Top X killers, top X point getters, up to 100 I guess. So you could have 10, 15, 20, etc. top whatever showing. Hope you understand that.

That's not very easy if you understand a bit of MySQL and PHP :)

that is very easy to do, will add it

hock3y
August 14, 2005, 5:30 pm
Some other suggestions:
-a way to show the most used weapons without actually clicking on a weapon in someone's profile
-Maybe a clan rankings section, you could have the admin specify clan tags or people submit them, or just grab the, I don't know.
-Since its on the fly updating, maybe a page to show who killed who ,but only a certain amount of kills displayed.
-A stat showing total wins of red/blue

VodkaZombie
August 14, 2005, 6:31 pm
A section on u13 where you can view the leading clans, members, and statistics.

FliesLikeABrick
August 17, 2005, 7:04 pm
i would add that, but that is really not something for u13sss, that is something more for a person to make for his own page. perhaps itll be on u13 someday, but right now im more interested in u13sss

hock3y
September 28, 2005, 12:14 am
I'm not trying to push it or anything, but how is this coming along?

FliesLikeABrick
September 28, 2005, 3:14 am
very slow, school is killing me this year. every minute that isnt spent in class,eating, or sleeping, is spent studying or doing homework. I got a decent amount of work done tonight though.

hock3y
September 29, 2005, 12:30 am
quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickvery slow, school is killing me this year. every minute that isnt spent in class,eating, or sleeping, is spent studying or doing homework. I got a decent amount of work done tonight though.

Ok, I know what you mean, sorry if I sounded pushy or anything, I was just wondering, take your time, it's great that your even are updating it.

PureGrain
October 15, 2005, 12:03 am
Please feel free to add me to the list of helpers if you need it. I would be glad to help out. Graphics/Code or what ever you need.

Deleted User
November 6, 2005, 1:08 am
Well, I'll add my good old request:
- better speeds please
- 4.6 used to hang for me in some situations - it didn't zero line counter for next file; rebuilding database with like half milion kills is a pain

FliesLikeABrick
November 6, 2005, 1:45 am
when the day comes that this release is out, it will update far faster, won't hang, and will have none of the other update issues that you may have had with older versions

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 2:02 pm
I'm waiting for it with anticipation. Also, if you don't mind I think it would be generally cool to have logs in xhtml standard and with CSS. This way it would be easier to manage layout, it would give more possibilites and I think that thanks to CSS, site would load faster.

I think I might try to help with something if you don't mind, but similiar aswith you, my classes/projects are killing my time.

FliesLikeABrick
December 4, 2005, 7:55 pm
School this semester has been really hard and kept me busy, so I have not gotten much done lately at all. The semester is over in 2 weeks, and I plan on working on it during my winter break between semesters

FliesLikeABrick
December 21, 2005, 3:38 am
I'm on winter break and reworking u13sss now. I am already partially done with the new statsupdate. This one is 100x better, 100x faster, and should never crash or mess up the stats at all.

mar77a
December 21, 2005, 12:02 pm
Heh, and what about the stats in u13.net ? :P

BaronRobert
December 28, 2005, 4:23 pm
hi,
I experience a problem after deleting logs. Then, i set the value in the SQL database for match with the new log file, but nothing work.

here are the new value I set:

update 0
updateline 1
soldatlognumber 3
updatelinecons 1
lastlogsize [tested w/ enmpty value & 0]

I do an error?

FliesLikeABrick
December 28, 2005, 10:06 pm
soldatlognumber is the number of the next log it is going to look at, but i think the current resume feature also looks at the last log (so it also looks for log 2).

You may be better off setting soldatlognumber to 4 if your logs start at 3, with updateline and updatelinecons at 0

btw, for the general thread here: i'm currently about 50% done with the changes to the scripts, hopefully they will be released in the next week

KoRnSiCk
December 29, 2005, 12:03 pm
also make index.php... fo n00bs in php design and scripting... like me :)

BaronRobert
December 29, 2005, 1:22 pm
nothing to do, when i use the page statupdate.php, it wait for a minute and write:
"update finished. The next update will resume on log number 0"
This lognumber correspond to the one i enter in the database.
I dont know what to do, i read the scrip of the update page and i'm try to understand some lines. If i found the problem i'll tell you.
thx

EDIT for the index.php; in my case i just copy&rename the search.php to index.php

FliesLikeABrick
December 29, 2005, 5:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by KoRnSiCkalso make index.php... fo n00bs in php design and scripting... like me :)

noobs should use zitro-stats if they want to use this on their site

u13sss is intended for people who want to built stats into their site and know what they're doing

strikeman
April 16, 2006, 3:27 am
FliesLikeABrick:

I've been working an a C++ updater for U13SSS for some days now; it's almost ready and it's alot faster than the PHP script that's included with your distro.
Prelimenary tests show 15 seconds for a 3 megabyte killog file.

If you are intrested in this, please let me know as it'd be stupid to continue this if you are still working on the new U13SSS scripts ;-)

mar77a
April 16, 2006, 3:37 am
He'll love it' specially in C++ :)

btw, i think DePhille is in charge of U13SSS now.

strikeman
April 16, 2006, 3:53 am
heh, ok :-)

well, I'll wait for one of them to reply here then :-)

DePhille
April 17, 2006, 10:52 am
Hi,

yes I'm currently on U13SSS.
But I'm very busy with school and other personal stuff.

Anyway, I still keep checking SoldatForums sometimes.
I still need to do CSS implementation and a bugfix in the admin console.
The beta-tests worked well except for the FTP method.
I can't put a release date (the date where I give it to FLAB again , when he wants to release is his choice then).

Anyway, the script is alot faster than it used to be (twice as fast) , though there are still some improvements that could speed it up by atleast 10%-20% , but that'd require a major rewrite of the engine which takes too long for the effect.

Grtz , DePhille

FliesLikeABrick
April 17, 2006, 2:35 pm
its far faster than twice as fast as the current version that is out, I think you're comparing it to the copy that I gave to you. The one that is out now is slow and inefficient.

Please contact me sometime.

Leo
April 18, 2006, 7:31 pm
I would like to have a look and test the beta version. Would it be possible to send it to me ?

FliesLikeABrick
April 18, 2006, 8:17 pm
only once Dephille comes to life and I have some means of contacting him

Leo
April 27, 2006, 9:46 pm
I hope it would be soon :D

shoover
May 25, 2006, 1:53 am
 Quote:Originally posted by hock3yWays to change the Top 10's to be able to have say... Top X killers, top X point getters, up to 100 I guess. So you could have 10, 15, 20, etc. top whatever showing. Hope you understand that.

Thats very easy to edit in php.