( search forums )
Getting irritated at hits not registering.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 10:19 pm
I know it's lag, but there's something about hitting all 7 deagle shots, the person not dying, then getting killed, that really makes me mad. heh I need to find a server with under 100 ping.

b00stA
August 11, 2005, 11:22 pm
Maybe you joined a weapon modded server with weak deagles?

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 11:33 pm
I don't think it was weapon modded. No other gun had any modifications. I was pinging like 120 while everyone else was 33 though. That's what I suspect was going on

However, I'm just irritated because I can't find any servers I ping low to, so this is a constant problem. :(

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 11:40 pm
It pisses me off too. It's like every other server is in China or something...

Deleted User
August 11, 2005, 11:42 pm
Maybe you just aren't good.
Real Soldat players know the trick to making their shots hit.

rabidhamster
August 11, 2005, 11:48 pm
you know, weapon mods say "Weapon Mod" in red letters on the upper-right corner of the weapon menu. plus, a lot of text showing stats appears when you hover your mouse over a weapon.

don't be unhappy w/ 120 ping. us dialuppers get 200+, and us aol dialuppers get 433+.

Hitman
August 12, 2005, 12:05 am
General, shut up.

cHuT, I know what you mean. Even with a low ping, I'm finding that more and more of my hits aren't registering. I was nearly going mad during the beta testing sessions. It happens more often with the M79 for me though, or maybe it's because I can't tell which bullets aren't registering with autos. Anyways, as much as I love this version, online game play for me has worsened in terms of lag.

VodkaZombie
August 12, 2005, 12:48 am
Its funny but it seems like the stationary weapons register better than in 1.2, like the knife.

Happy Camper
August 12, 2005, 12:51 am
yea, the knife is evil now.

but i do see a lot of stuff not registering lately, like my m79 and barret mostley. maybe its the netcode, maybe its lag, who knows.

GAMEOVER
August 12, 2005, 1:43 am
its been takin me 5 dead on shots or so to kill with deagles got kinda frustrated with em so just threw em away for awhile ill use something else i guess..

quote:Originally posted by GeneralMaybe you just aren't good.

please wise one tell me what the trick is id love to know..

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 2:11 am
quote:Originally posted by GeneralMaybe you just aren't good.

Well, I'm used to playing servers with about 30 ping, where actually hitting the person means that you actually hit the person... so that's what I'm used to doing. Just because I don't normally have to predict for lag doesne't mean I'm not a real Soldat player.

Glad I'm not the only one suffering from lack of registry. heh heh

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 3:48 am
I myself have noticed this hit registering problem. It's gotten very frustrating because it seems that even after I've started getting the hang of the weapon changes, I still seem to be doing worse than I did in 1.2... And I am fairly certain it is ping, to a significant extent, because the drop in my performance in 1.3 is too great to likely be any of the other factors, especially considering it wasn't hard in 1.2 to find some good servers with only 30-50 ping.

Until then, I'll just have to cross my fingers that some good servers with good pings show up sometime, and just toughen up more than normally necessary in the meantime.

August 12, 2005, 4:05 am
train for lag. Try to predict trajectories and unload a salvo of bullets in that general direction. Alternately, spray everything or use a shotgun.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 7:47 am
Yeah I too have been noticing alot of hits not registering and killing - it benefits me when an m79 round or a barret shot hits me dead on and does nothing, but its lame if i knife a guy right in the neck or make 5 shots in a row with my deagles with no kill.

- Tek -
August 12, 2005, 8:06 am
Usually when I'm shooting people perfectly and they aren't dying Its because I have a ping of like 500.

bond_james_bond
August 12, 2005, 12:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by Mister AngryIt pisses me off too. It's like every other server is in China or something...

Nup.... MY Soldat lagged in China too.
=)

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 1:54 pm
Training for lag works until I start finding non-laggy servers to play on again. haha. Then I have to adjust all over again. I guess I have no choice, though.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 2:23 pm
Maybe I'm wrong but it calls LOSS. The bullet data just lost to nowhere and in your screen u hit but in real U don't even shoot something ...or u shoot but it just disappear in middle of flight.

...I hope u understand.

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 2:39 pm
That happens?

I thought that only happened when you died... and apparently that was fixed.

ráz0r
August 12, 2005, 2:50 pm
many a time a hit m79 shot that hasnt registered has been the difference between winning or drawing a match for me, and its bloody annoying. I dont mean the countless normal kills, but EFC escaping, full hit and he just gets boost or something..

August 12, 2005, 3:01 pm
Every server is in china? COOL! IM NEAR CHINA! w00t!

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 3:14 pm
Happens to me a lot even if I have low ping ( +- 30 ), especially with knife ( target dies but I get no pts.. ).
Sometimes I also cap the flag and either get the points after a LONG time or not at all :p

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 3:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by Lao Wu TenHappens to me a lot even if I have low ping ( +- 30 ), especially with knife ( target dies but I get no pts.. ).
Sometimes I also cap the flag and either get the points after a LONG time or not at all :p

That's irritating, too. When your opponent drops dead for no reason and you don't get a point. There's no death message at the corner or anything. He just sort of collapsed in a mangled heap randomly with no credit given anywhere.

solohan50
August 13, 2005, 4:26 am
well, i'll tell you what. my clan just bought a ded. server ([GMDP] Dedicated) and after having a few people play in it, i've been told it's one of the least laggy out there. don't mean to advertise in here, but thought you should know since everyone's complaining of laggy servers.

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 7:12 pm
The only weapon damage that I see not registering when it hits is the knife throw. Sometimes, when I throw it, it hits straight in the center of the chest, and the person doesn't even take any damage. I've also noticed there was a bit of lag from when the knife hits to when the person dies.My ping during games are usually from 133 to 200. But the games seem to be pretty smooth even then.

solohan50
August 13, 2005, 8:23 pm
well i've been noticing that a lot of my LAW hits don't register, and this was in my server where everyone was running between 33-66 ping. i'll hit them straight on and nothing happens....i lost a 1v1 last night cuz of that.....-_-

GAMEOVER
August 13, 2005, 8:34 pm
This happens to me all the time with grenades ill lob 4 damn grenades on top of someones head and they dont die, then they lob 1 back at me and im dead :/

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 2:09 am
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERThis happens to me all the time with grenades ill lob 4 damn grenades on top of someones head and they dont die, then they lob 1 back at me and im dead :/

That happens to me way too many times, I'll unload every last grenade I have and they just bounce off the explosion, then they throw one at me and I explode.

GAMEOVER
August 14, 2005, 2:53 am
well good im glad it aint just me hope this gets fixed somehow in the next version.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 4:26 am
Do you think that's a bug or lag?

GAMEOVER
August 14, 2005, 4:46 am
I think both but even with super low pings ive expierenced this also gun jam is horrible dont know how it was fixed cus im locked up way more now then i was even in 1.2.1, 1.3 is bad ass im just starting to think they released it too early. Hopefully from now on versions can be begin even when a new 1 is released and MM can just take his time with it making sure the bugs are kept very minimal. Beta-testers should be MM's driving force you guys who are lucky enough to be beta testers plz from now on make sure everything is good before releasing it.