( search forums )
1.3 problems
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
Michal Marcinkowski
August 12, 2005, 2:41 pm
There are some issues with the new version that need to be stated. If I manage to fix them I'll post some more news, for now there are some temporary solutions.

- Access violations while playing.
If you get this be sure to turn off EVERY program that you are running in the background of Windows.
Some new programs that might cause this are:
NetZero, Tlen.
If you know more programs please let me know.
- Wrong map version errors.
It might happen that a server has an old version of a standard map and you overwrite it, then you get errors while playing on other servers. To fix this you'll need to run the 1.3 patch again or just copy the new maps again to Soldat/Maps folder.
- Missing sceneries.
Pressing alt+tab or F9 and returning to the game might help.
- Dedicated server crashes on map change.
If your server crashes on map change and client download attempt please disable map downloading and don't use custom maps for now (Allow_Download=0 in soldat.ini).

FliesLikeABrick
August 12, 2005, 2:44 pm
I don't believe that Access violations have anything to do with programs running in the background, I'd be interested to hear more about what you know about what causes them and stuff.

Do you think custom maps/map downloading will ever be 99% stable? :P

Michal Marcinkowski
August 12, 2005, 2:56 pm
If AV happen a minute or so after playing it's because of programs running in the background or because of using cheats/cracks.

//Do you think custom maps/map downloading will ever be 99% stable? :P
I have no idea. I thought I fixed it in this version because I found a big problem, but that fix didn't seem to do anything. Does it happen to anyone on linux servers?

Hoodlum
August 12, 2005, 2:56 pm
Alright well I am re-running the patch.

I will tell you if it works.

Edit;// I tried reinstalling and it says "This application has failed to start because fmod.dll was not found. Re-installing this application may fix this problem."

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 3:46 pm
Thank you Michal, for bearing with all the people whining on the forum and trying to fix these errors.

Michal Marcinkowski
August 12, 2005, 3:50 pm
Hoodlum: you ran the patch on the wrong folder, be sure to select the old Soldat folder.

Hoodlum
August 12, 2005, 3:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiHoodlum: you ran the patch on the wrong folder, be sure to select the old Soldat folder.
Ah, ok and nice post count (1337) ;P

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 4:53 pm
Hoho! Michal is 1337! ^^

rabidhamster
August 12, 2005, 5:30 pm
to avoid problems with the patch, download the full 1.3 and install it in a different folder than 1.21. copy custom maps, sceneries, and bots etc. into the 1.3 folder. it takes a while, but it works.

Outcast
August 12, 2005, 5:49 pm
I've a bug a lot of times, i find it very annoying. I start soldat everything is normal. I try to join a server...nothing. Since i already know what the bug is and does i ctrl alt delete and close soldat...but if i went to exit and pressed exit it would pop up an error of this or that kind, offcourse not seen, under soldat, you can just press enter and then soldat crashes. Sometimes it doesn't but it's still (Please refrain from swearing)ed up. And the FONT changes when i press exit btw.

Denacke
August 12, 2005, 6:04 pm
There are bugs with the law fire rendering:
It seems like when you are the only one using law, noone around you can see the rockets you fire with it. Yet when an enemy opponent uses law and kills you once, you can see his rockets, and he can see yours, I believe. It's something rather weird, but I can imagine it's annoying for people to never see my law rocket :)

It also seems that sometimes the gun icon of the weapon you killed the enemy with is missing. I have the feeling this mostly happens when your shot kills the enemy when you are already dead.

rabidhamster
August 12, 2005, 6:35 pm
it's such a shame about these bugs... Michal worked so hard on 1.3...

has anyone else besides me gotten I/O errors? they happen every so often after i play soldat for about 3 hours. the first time, they started happening every 2 minutes. the second time, it only happened once.

i also believe that AOL 8.0 causes access violations.

in addition, i feel that fmod.dll in 1.3 is less stable than the one in 1.21.

michal, i feel you should ignore what i have just said, as my computer is a 192MB RAM Windows 2000 ATI Rage 128 Pentium 3 6-year-old piece of CRAP.

i doubt these errors will happen to my sexy 384MB RAM Windows XP ATI 9700 Celeron 2-year-old laptop.

Leo
August 12, 2005, 7:28 pm
My server was running almost only custom maps at 1.2.1 with no problems at all. After that, at 1.3 didn't work any more. It works maybe for 2 or 3 custom maps but after that it just stops uploading the maps and the textures.
*I forgot, linux server.

Swebonny
August 12, 2005, 9:09 pm
When i try to start my dedicated server i get an Access violations Error whenever i play on it for like 1 minute. So i wonder if it is the same error when i Play Soldat? I got a picture in the 1.3 bugsubmission tread on page 2 if you want to check that.

Thx :D:D

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 1:42 am
if i cusomize the bullets to be m2 bullets i cant see them but i can see everyone elses

KnOt
August 13, 2005, 1:54 am
About the map downloading : I think it has deffinately improved a lot in this version ..

hock3y
August 13, 2005, 4:24 am
quote:Originally posted by KnOtAbout the map downloading : I think it has deffinately improved a lot in this version ..

No its worse/the same, it makes people download the map even if they have it sometimes >.>

_Mancer_
August 13, 2005, 5:35 am
Lots of law/invisible bullet bugs. The map bugs are also really annoying.

( btw Mp5 Is dominant :( )

Karvinen
August 13, 2005, 5:48 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
If your server crashes on map change and client download attempt please disable map downloading and don't use custom maps for now (Allow_Download=0 in soldat.ini).

If someone gets wrong map version error on a server that doesn't allow downloading, then he can no longer play on that server because the anti-cheat system deletes the map.

Denacke
August 13, 2005, 11:45 pm
If you feel like going through some more bugs, "The official 1.3 bugs thread": http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=26224&whichpage=1

Captain Ben
August 14, 2005, 8:40 am
I don't mean to drag anything on, but that nade bug is still there. Either way, I'll have your children Michal M!

Alamo
August 14, 2005, 11:44 am
I don't know if it still helps but some time ago it helped to rename fmod.dll to all caps (FMOD.dll). It just came to my mind.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 7:57 am
quote:Originally posted by LeoMy server was running almost only custom maps at 1.2.1 with no problems at all. After that, at 1.3 didn't work any more.

i've got the same problem (linux).

Denacke
August 19, 2005, 11:29 am
I would also like to point out that WM is ticked on by default at the moment. I can see lots of newbies not understanding why they can't see normal servers.

Meandor
August 19, 2005, 1:58 pm
quote:I don't know what's up really, everytime I join a selfkill hosted server (and that is the majority of the european clans's servers + gather) I get a connection problem. This never happened before, and it doesn't happen at all in servers hosted elsewhere. Weird part is that I can see others moving and talking, I can talk too and they can hear me.
blaa, I'm going to talk with the host anyway to see if he knows anything about it :>

Anything that I can do about that?
It happens on some servers that aren't sk too, I can't tell what causes it and on which servers..

mata_bun
August 19, 2005, 10:56 pm
I was wondering, I'm registered, and I wont have to re register or anything will I?

</noob question>

Meandor
August 19, 2005, 11:29 pm
No, a registration is valid for all versions.. unless it's a crack -.-

mata_bun
August 19, 2005, 11:56 pm
Goodies. No mine's not a crack, no point in cracking something thats only 9 bucks or whatnot. Also, I don't know how, but w/e.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 10:53 am
So Michal, any news on the map change bug?

I was so keen to start running custom maps on my servers, but now I still can't :(

hock3y
August 25, 2005, 3:05 pm
Yea, custom maps are the best, hopefully a patch (maybe even just a server patch?) is released soon so I can put custom maps back in my server rotation.

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 9:55 am
there is also a bug in the weapon editor
if i change the bink value to 0,09 it wont load the weapon mode ingame.

Keron Cyst
August 26, 2005, 4:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by DenackeI would also like to point out that WM is ticked on by default at the moment....

It's not for me. The only filter I have problems with is No Bots continuously automatically unchecking itself every time I restart the program.

Maninhow
August 26, 2005, 6:11 pm
It also has problems in the connection, i believe that in this version some error in the InterNet configurations exists that are with more lag. =3

Da King Of Albania
September 2, 2005, 6:13 pm
Michal when r u going to realease the new patch for soldat 1.3

Deleted User
September 6, 2005, 1:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by AlamoI don't know if it still helps but some time ago it helped to rename fmod.dll to all caps (FMOD.dll). It just came to my mind.

FMOD.DLL is all caps, and still getting this error sometimes .

(Win-ME - latest build,DX9.0c, Geforce2 with the most suitable drivers)

-VzX- Silverflame
September 13, 2005, 9:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by Da King Of AlbaniaMichal when r u going to realease the new patch for soldat 1.3

yea.. a lot of people would like to know..:D

Deleted User
September 15, 2005, 9:24 pm
people stop asking, probably soon or maybe never

Kamikazoit
October 9, 2005, 6:09 am
AK-47 Problem/Bug

ok one major problem faced is the modification of the AK47...
increasing the speed of the projectile ends up in strange results...

1) hyperfast prone/stand toggle
2) unable to roll
    results in gliding of player across the ground
3) while crouching, weapon is placed on the hip instead of aimed through the sights
4) unable to throw grenades
5) unable to change weapons (Q button)

ok that's about it...
any ideas how to prevent/go around this bug?
it doesnt happen to any other weapon configuration.
the config for my AK47 is

[Ak-74]
Damage=275
FireInterval=9
Ammo=20
ReloadTime=120
Speed=440
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-10
MovementAcc=2

Melba
October 10, 2005, 3:05 pm
Im pretty sure all those bugs you listed there kamikazoit, goes for all weapons. not just AK-74

Echo_Trail
October 30, 2005, 8:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by DenackeI would also like to point out that WM is ticked on by default at the moment....

It's not for me. The only filter I have problems with is No Bots continuously automatically unchecking itself every time I restart the program.

i have that 2.. nad honestly, it's irritating like hell:D

November 1, 2005, 11:33 am
quote:Originally posted by KamikazoitAK-47 Problem/Bug

A solution is to switch weapons while reloading. It doesn't permanently fix anything, but at least you get rid of it for a little while.

criddo
November 15, 2005, 6:47 am
Yeah. Lots of weapons when you mod them they stuff up.

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 10:10 pm
Another problem is the official maps that come when you install the game have been getting deleted from the soldat maps folder. Don't ask me how but it's happened on both of my computer. They all don't get deleted at once they just disapear and I won't be able to join a game. I'll have to copy and paste the maps from another soldat file..

Maybe it's just something I have on my computers?

Veritas
November 22, 2005, 4:07 pm
One bug that I've noticed is when you toss a nade and sometimes it gets stuck in between two polys and makes one helluva lot of noise (nade ricochet).

Not a major bug but a bug none-the-less.

Deleted User
December 4, 2005, 6:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by CryptoAnother problem is the official maps that come when you install the game have been getting deleted from the soldat maps folder. Don't ask me how but it's happened on both of my computer. They all don't get deleted at once they just disapear and I won't be able to join a game. I'll have to copy and paste the maps from another soldat file..

Maybe it's just something I have on my computers?

Idk think it is just you, as of recent, I've been getting this, and having wrong map version detections on maps I play eveyr day. I don't know what the problem is either.

Rabble
December 4, 2005, 8:00 pm
I dont know if this is a bug or not, but alot of times on the map nuubia, and a few other maps, wen i throw a nade over the top most island (or poly w.e u want to call it)in nuubia, and it lands on the red teams big poly, it rolls forward (like it normally should) then rolls backwards like its long a string or a rubber band of some sort. So basically the nade does a slingshot move backwards.

DeMo
December 6, 2005, 7:45 am
Don't you guys have problems with the internal server browser?
I have, it is completely messed up..

One of the problems is that it shows (WM) servers even when you didn't select it in the filters.
I also have problems with invisible bullets.. happen very often here, especially with grenades and the LAW.

Rooster
December 6, 2005, 10:43 am
I was wondering if it would be possible to improve the speed the soldat menu loads, it is incredibly slow for the game it is. My PC is about mid range and has no problems with other games etc, i also downloaded the original soldat a few weeks ago to test some stuff and found out the menu loads instantly and so do the tabs, but since like 1.2 the menu and tabs have taken AGES to load and it's not my comp i dont think.

Does anyone else get this problem and if they do maybe this could be looked into improving?

3rd_account
December 6, 2005, 11:46 am
Yup, got dual 3.0 GHz with a somewhat decent graphics card. Still it can take over 20 seconds just to initialize the profile selection.

Deleted User
December 6, 2005, 12:17 pm
soldat loads pretty fast on my computer, but not instantly. Also, if i put the bullet type the turret guns bullets, there all invisible when i shoot them but when anopther guy shoots therer fine

OutofOrder
December 6, 2005, 5:25 pm
i'm getting the access violation error when i enough bots (it constantly pops up when testing bullettime2.pms, adding about 7 or 8 bots seems to be enough ). happens either with or without background programs :/

running win2k in a Duron 1800+ 384MB ram, XFX Geforce 4 128mb, philips seismic edge sound card, directx 9c.

Deleted User
December 8, 2005, 3:09 am
btw it isnt just me, most of my friends have the same problems with their official soldat maps missing..