( search forums )
dm_ikopi
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
LazehBoi
August 13, 2005, 7:12 am
I made another map! Hooray!
Behold: dm_Ikopi!
It supports everything but CTF and INF. The yellow flag has multiple spawns so it won't always be in the same place.
It has waypoints but they're uh, pretty crap. Oh well.

Overview
In-Game #1
In-Game #2

Download
comments and critique welcome.

TheFunktopus
August 13, 2005, 7:15 am
It's pretty dark. You might want to darken the background colours to go along with the dark theme. The brdiges look nice. I'ma download this.

DeMonIc
August 14, 2005, 6:29 pm
The layout is ideal for DM, that is people won't get clogged up on one spot. The looks are pretty much unique, the glowing plants make the map have a "feeling". The bridge on the top should be a prime example how to cover a map correctly, so it looks cool too. I'd be offended if this map would sink like many other maps do lately because of the lot of newbie mappers / spam critiques.

_Mancer_
August 14, 2005, 7:53 pm
Woah.. I love the layout but it seems too complex down in the bottom left? I suggest making an open area towards the middle.

Elemental
August 14, 2005, 8:04 pm
I like the lighting effects you made :D

Raptor
August 15, 2005, 12:52 am
*Downloads*

It's pretty dark, but I like it!

6/10

LazehBoi
August 15, 2005, 8:43 am
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Woah.. I love the layout but it seems too complex down in the bottom left? I suggest making an open area towards the middle.

Sounds like a good idea. I might fiddle around with it some more.
Also I forgot to mention. There is a secret path. Find it and you win a cookie!

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 11:28 am
WHoa! Nice! I like it very much especialy those green passages. :)

Keron Cyst
August 15, 2005, 4:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoi... Also I forgot to mention. There is a secret path. Find it and you win a cookie!

If the cookie means being my slave for a day I'll just go check the polygon attributes with a map editor :-P I like the layout, but it's just a bit too dark, and the gigantic bridge looks weird *lol*