( search forums )
Michal Marcincowski
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Who flung poo
August 13, 2005, 7:32 am
Hello,
Michal Marcincowski, we can call him all sorts of names MM, teh god, and such and such, but new people or people who have been playing for a short time always want more and more out of him when they see a new version of Soldat ocming out they hope to see unavalible stuff such as, vehicles, enhanced weaponry, mission mode, etc. and then they don't get what they want and then they are mad at annoying bugs and they start to hate it and start putting up bad posts that say MM is no good at making this game..Well I think it's time to put a stop to this, I am not complaining, I feel bad for Michal because he puts all his effort into this game that brought so many good people together, if people whine about new version bug they should get a 2 week ban or more it depends on how bad they say it, and I think that people who whine about bugs do not at all care about Michal because they think it's a team who creates Soldat but it's not a team Michal Marcincowski made this game!And people only test the new version and reports bug and such, ban me for saying this if you will, I only want people to hear what I have had to say

-Who Flung poo

Ok
August 13, 2005, 3:20 pm
quote:Originally posted by Who flung poo
-Who Flung poo
(Writer of topic "a little thing about moderators")

You consider your posts an art? :)

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 3:20 pm
:D

VodkaZombie
August 13, 2005, 4:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by Okquote:Originally posted by Who flung poo
-Who Flung poo
(Writer of topic "a little thing about moderators")

You consider your posts an art? :)

Look at his profile.

TheRelinquished
August 13, 2005, 7:07 pm
I'm sure MM knows that there are thousands more that love what he does than those that chastize him. I mean, he's seen some worthwhile posts and what not in the last few weeks, and I'm sure he appreciates those. The whiner posts probably just make him grit his teeth. I'm sure he's not cutting lines because of it though. Marcinkowski knows who's who and what's what, so as long as those of us who support him continue to do so, I think he'll be fine ^_^.

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 7:17 pm
Another thing to consider is that when you make an online game and so on like MM, you are guaranteed to get a TON of crap from people--it's inevitable, and happens with every free open beta.

Zero72
August 13, 2005, 8:38 pm
I'm sure a lot more people are willing to give negative feedback than positive, too. Not too many people would go out of their ways to join a forum to say "Hey, good job," but many would look for a way to complain if they didn't like it.

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 9:37 pm
Yeah well anyone who doesn't like soldat isn't going to heaven. :o

Michal
August 13, 2005, 9:43 pm
erm... who is Michal Marcincowski?
;p

If you're gonna start a thread about him, you should probably spell his name correctly ¬_¬

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 10:27 pm
This topic is useless imo...
...he know's that some negative posts will not ruine the game...
...and I think it will not ruine his nerves...

And everything and anywho have fans, critics and "haters"...just...live with it.

Alamo
August 14, 2005, 11:46 am
"Your enemy's criticism is the best compliment" Someone said something like that :)

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 11:49 am
quote:Originally posted by Michalerm... who is Michal Marcincowski?
;p

If you're gonna start a thread about him, you should probably spell his name correctly ¬_¬

Also, what's Micahl Marcincowski?

Michal Marcinkowski
August 14, 2005, 5:03 pm
quote: if people whine about new version bug they should get a 2 week ban or more
This made me laugh hard :D. I should make these forums more like North Korea and force everyone to declare how happy they are.

I'm not sad about criticism, because I like constructive criticism. If people didn't complain about stuff we would still be playing version 0.9.4c.

Keron Cyst
August 14, 2005, 5:04 pm
1.3 SUCKS!! BOO!!!

xD

August 14, 2005, 5:07 pm
But now u added the stat mod feature, it aint so bad.

TO ALL U DAMNED COMPLAINERS: JUST USE THE weapons121.ini FILE AND SHUT UP ABOUT BINK!

Rambo_6
August 14, 2005, 5:39 pm
I have an idea that requires a harlequin fetus, loud screaming music, and Flash Mx. Oh, and an 'official soldat complaint site'.

crazymonkey
August 14, 2005, 6:01 pm
I always wanted to make a flash version of soldat.. Wonder if it would work. Probably would be too unstable.

Teh Panda
August 14, 2005, 7:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 I have an idea that requires a harlequin fetus, loud screaming music, and Flash Mx. Oh, and an 'official soldat complaint site'.

I got scared.

Pixofied
August 14, 2005, 7:48 pm
I for one hope in the next version, MM concentrates more on just fixing bugs, than adding new features.

solohan50
August 14, 2005, 9:51 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 I have an idea that requires a harlequin fetus, loud screaming music, and Flash Mx. Oh, and an 'official soldat complaint site'.

i almost had an idea like that, except it required tubgirl, goatse, baked beans, a rake and a squirrel. >_>

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 10:19 pm
You forgot lemon party.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 11:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72I'm sure a lot more people are willing to give negative feedback than positive, too. Not too many people would go out of their ways to join a forum to say "Hey, good job," but many would look for a way to complain if they didn't like it.

It's actually been statistically proven that such is the case. It really makes you wonder about things, like what proportion of people really didn't mind the way 1.2.1 weapons were, etc.

Additionally, I don't consider this topic pointless because, in a sea of harsh and unconstructive criticism, it can mean a lot for a few people to give a reminder that we support whoever's in charge; afterall, it's easy to lose confidence and question your goals when it seems the world is against you.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 2:32 pm
I really respect MM, because Soldat is one of the best shooter games I've ever played. Whatever he decides to do with the game is his choice. He's already a top notch developer in my opinion.

Boxo
August 15, 2005, 3:35 pm
Yeah, go MM! \o/

Who flung poo, though the whiners are annoying, taking away people's right to have opinions won't fix things.

I don't see why people are whining about some insignificant weapon balance issues, especially when there's a weapon editor available. There are some real issues with 1.3, like all those bugs and the little increase in lag. Contructive criticism about stuff like that is good and necessary.

Who flung poo
August 16, 2005, 6:25 am
I am glad for one thing this is my most popular topic but not my proudest, lol. :]