( search forums )
possibility to change gun at spawn
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
numgun
August 13, 2005, 4:45 pm
as the title says u could change or get a gun from the spawn point by walking on somekind of point (special poly or collider) where u could press tab for the weapons menu. what da ya think?

_Mancer_
August 13, 2005, 5:07 pm
Maybe.. but only for the first 5-10 seconds. (Just in case you chose wrong gun)

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 6:33 pm
hmm i would like the idia of weapon select areas...
if you are in this area you can change weapons as often you want...
if you leave it its like normal...
(we know that from other games i think :P

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 6:47 pm
It would make it too easy. If you only get one weapon at start, only way to get another one is too nick some dead guys weapon, you need to be more stragetic to cope with the enemy's weapon. If you could change your weapon whenever you wanted you could counter anyone attacking your base (in CTF or INF).

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 7:39 pm
1-10 seconds would be good if it was from your spawn point

Bablo
August 13, 2005, 9:27 pm
then there is no point for secondary weapons...
just take 2 barrets and you rule the game

Koon
August 13, 2005, 9:36 pm
I dont like it, its more fun to take guns from enemies anyway.

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 10:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Maybe.. but only for the first 5-10 seconds. (Just in case you chose wrong gun)

This is right what I wanted to say...

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 10:24 pm
Yeh it could be like a Buy Zone like in Counter Strike games, but if it was in DM it would be within an inch of where you spawned...
Peace out
~Ad~

KeyesBlob
August 14, 2005, 2:12 am
People would spawn with a weapon, throw it, then select a different one. Then they would ditch the secondary and grab the one they threw.

It would be abused.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 2:31 am
god go play counter strike, if you pick the worng weapon deal with it youll only be using it for about 6 seconds, lets face it you dont live that long in soldat

vash763
August 14, 2005, 3:13 am
didnt rambo suggest this?

or was it armories which is the same thing

firebolt145
August 14, 2005, 8:35 am
Hmmm... Yeah Armories are quite nice. But maybe to avoid people who keep changing weapons to suit their preferences, they can only "buy" a change of weapon after 5 consecutive kills without a death.

_Mancer_
August 14, 2005, 8:50 am
quote:Originally posted by Droid555It would make it too easy. If you only get one weapon at start, only way to get another one is too nick some dead guys weapon, you need to be more stragetic to cope with the enemy's weapon. If you could change your weapon whenever you wanted you could counter anyone attacking your base (in CTF or INF).

Auhg no idiot read the entire thing, he doesnt mean 2 primarys, he means like CHANGING your primary for something else. And I said only for the first few seconds, just in case you accedentally pick the wrong gun.

Captain Ben
August 14, 2005, 10:32 am
Like Taal said, you're only alive for something like twenty seconds, anyway.

numgun
August 14, 2005, 11:11 am
quote:Originally posted by KeyesBlobPeople would spawn with a weapon, throw it, then select a different one. Then they would ditch the secondary and grab the one they threw.

It would be abused.

dude... u can do the same like this:
1.spawn with desired gun
2.kill yourself in the spawn place (/kill or nade) (u will drop the gun u r currently holding)
3.spawn with 2nd wanted gun
4.throw secondary away and pick the first desired gun.
5.voila now u have a for example 2 barrets with the price of one death!

any questions? : /

numgun
August 14, 2005, 11:20 am
by the way... and those points (lets say armories if u like) could be only for team games: ctf, inf, htf, but not ´´team match´´ and they will be ONLY at spawn places and playera could NOT be able to change guns at others bases only in their own. also these ´´armories´´ can be disabled like the stat gun. does it sound ok?

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 11:46 am
quote:Originally posted by Captain BenLike Taal said, you're only alive for something like twenty seconds, anyway.
not if you camp ^_^

SPARTAN_III
August 14, 2005, 3:47 pm
^^but if you do, you're a n00b.

Keron Cyst
August 14, 2005, 5:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by KoonI dont like it, its more fun to take guns from enemies anyway.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 6:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_...he doesnt mean 2 primarys...
Neither did I...
I didn't say anything about two primarys

And I agree about just a few seconds, just in case you accidentally pick the wrong gun. But not for any longer than a few seconds

numgun
August 14, 2005, 6:43 pm
heh... looks like i´ve made my 2nd hot topic : D

LazehBoi
August 14, 2005, 7:39 pm
It's not really something to be proud about. Anyway. I wouldn't mind it being implemented but I don't really mind either way.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 12:42 am
i wouldnt use it, but im sure theyre will bee people who would abuse it

numgun
August 15, 2005, 3:14 pm
like me <------