( search forums )
Delayed damage with a weapon mod
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 7:03 pm
I was playing around with the weapon ini file the other day I changed the bullet type of a USSOCOM to a flame and increased the damage to 215000. While I was testing the mod, I noticed that the shot, although it did no initial damage when it hit, kills instantly within 5-10 seconds. During the 10 second period, the victim doesn't take any damage either. Death just happened suddenly after the time limit. Therefore, it was possible to shoot someone with an invisible bullet,run away, and 10 seconds later, the enemy bursts into flames. The flames also dealt about 367% of damage to anyone that stepped on the resulting flames. So, has anyone else tried this and had the same results. I also tested this with other weapons and the damage dealt relies on the damage of the weapon. It's kinda like a weapon that shoots a virus, etc, and the person dies from the aftereffects.

TheRelinquished
August 13, 2005, 7:17 pm
Holy Christ in a plain pine box. That sounds awesome. And yet....so horrific....I love it.

Good job KuroiDoragon. ^_^

i am ahab
August 13, 2005, 8:26 pm
well polish my pipe and call me rhubarb

good fiddling batman

GAMEOVER
August 13, 2005, 8:36 pm
that could come in handy in ctf just nail everyone in enemy base with it that way by the time they respawn your long gone.

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 9:11 pm
SWEET, now we can BURN them.
I am going to make bot's called "A WITCH"
So I can burn witches!!
BAUAHAHAH

TheRelinquished
August 13, 2005, 9:19 pm
Silly Zamorak.

Mielos
August 13, 2005, 9:47 pm
i've tried that to , i don't know about you but I couldn't see the fire until it hit a wall. Further I found the same things as you did. But when the fire was visible it also behaved like a normal fire. also when you stand in the fire that just killed your enemy, it burns you and it says the enemy you killed you afterwards with fire

I've also tried to make the shotgun fire plain bullets, but I didn't see anything flying neither did I manage to hurt anyone (Bots couldn't hit anything either)

Deleted User
August 13, 2005, 10:47 pm
the reason is it burns the victim slowley.....something the flamer does

Mielos
August 13, 2005, 11:10 pm
quote:the reason is it burns the victim slowley.

No , that's not it it doesn't seem to hurt until a certain time. Try it yourself

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 1:57 am
quote:Originally posted by i am ahabwell polish my pipe and call me rhubarb

good fiddling batman

You must've been stoned when he posted that. heh heh

But, that is pretty cool.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 2:07 am
yeah lets all be hill billys *plays banjo* heres a story 'bout a man named ted.....
yeha you guys should check out some of the mods in the mods sections, they have some wierd weapons, like a fart gun, its just wierd

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 2:07 am
quote:Originally posted by dascoothe reason is it burns the victim slowley.....something the flamer does

Although the flamer does burn slowly, it doesn't account for the nearly 10 second delay to death with no damage in between.

August 14, 2005, 4:52 am
Cos the flame is moving too fast. Try ubering the flamer to uber speed and u can fire thru walls, but only where the flames appear can you burn ppl.

Mielos
August 14, 2005, 11:51 am
Nah it doesn't even work if you copy all the stats of the flamer and paste it on whatever weapon you like

August 14, 2005, 2:57 pm
Cos teh flamer is *special*

SPARTAN_III
August 14, 2005, 3:17 pm
^^its the only auto that dont selfbink, apart from M2. m2 doesnt really count