( search forums )
Broken weapon...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
T-Money
August 13, 2005, 8:27 pm
In light of the arrival of 1.3, I set out to try and reach a comfortable balance with some new, true-to-life custom weapons. Everything turns out fine, except for one. The SPAS-12, replaced by the M24 SWS, doesn't shoot. It makes the noise, the round is gone in the interface, the reload is fine, etc etc. The bullet just doesn't kill anyone, or do any damage. Any suggestions?

Meandor
August 13, 2005, 9:52 pm
Could you post the stats you used? Some stats mess certain weapons up.

T-Money
August 13, 2005, 11:44 pm
[Spas-12]
Damage=159
FireInterval=67
Ammo=5
ReloadTime=215
Speed=300
Bulletstyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=20
MovementAcc=1

There ya go. I don't know why that would mess it up though...nothing out of the ordinary.

Denacke
August 14, 2005, 12:00 am
Your bullet style is messed up, nr 3 is spas. Spas only works with bullet style 3.

T-Money
August 14, 2005, 12:58 am
I thought of that, so I reverted the bullet style to 3 just to see if my assumption was correct. However, it was not. The gun failed to work no matter what bullet style was used.

August 14, 2005, 5:08 am
U can't change the fire interval. It doesn;t work sometimes. WAIT! UR SPEED IS SET TOO HIGH!

EDIT!: lOwer the speed to 200 and check it, it works. Alternatively, increase the size of the fletchettes in msn paint, so it's easier to see.

EDIT!: it works with a speed of 300... the bullet is just too small and fast to see. Increase the size of the spas bullet. It will be visible. Make it a very odd colour too, and it should be visible. When the speed increases, the spray area is smaller.

Shivorken
August 14, 2005, 10:36 am
I'd say that everything is fine and that u might wanna reinstall soldat?

August 14, 2005, 11:06 am
No, its the size of the bullets

Or the lighting conditions.

Or maybe he just needs glasses?

Cos my spas has a speed of 400, and is completely visible.

Just increase the size of the spas bullets'

Dont believe it? Make the bullet 10 by 10 in size and make it black.

SPARTAN_III
August 14, 2005, 2:26 pm
i had that problem, when trying to make my Colt SAA mod. revert it to bullet style 3 and make a bigger bullet

T-Money
August 14, 2005, 4:20 pm
Believe me, that's not the problem. I know that shot fires in a smaller spray when it's at high speeds, since I used it on the Barret just for fun. But the problem isn't that I can't see it, it's that the bullet just isn't there at all.

Whatever. I don't think there's a solution, so I guess I'll just re-install. Thanks for the suggestions.

SPARTAN_III
August 14, 2005, 6:00 pm
there is no bullet there. test it by firing at the black soldat bot (/addbot *) and he will take no damage.

i doubt that reinstallation will help, but try anyways.

sorry to not be of help.