( search forums )
Team Weapon Limiting
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 5:07 am
omg this is needed BADLY!
I dont know/care if its been suggested before either.
----

EG: Alpha/Blue is limited to only 1 barretard, and 1 noob launcher (etc)

eh, dunno whats its called.. Day of Defeat has it.

Captain Ben
August 14, 2005, 5:10 am
Serverside option perhaps? You could choose/limit the amount of weapons a team could have.
I can understand what you mean, from your frustration with your server a few days ago.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 5:20 am
yeah sounds good

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 7:30 am
Lol ben, you know exactly what I mean ^_^

[MUMBLE]bloody barretards[/MUMBLE]

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 8:43 am
your servers rock enesce....your sig doesnt have you weapon editor, gonna need to update it :P

Elephant_Hunter
August 14, 2005, 8:46 am
I'm not enthusiastic about limiting the number of barrets/m79s/ect because it would severely hinder what I consider creative differences in servers (something I value). Besides, I would curse a storm if I respawned and could no longer wield the weapon I got used to all game.

If the weapon selection screen listed the number of people using each particular weapon then I'd be all for it.

numgun
August 14, 2005, 10:59 am
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeLol ben, you know exactly what I mean ^_^

[MUMBLE]bloody barretards[/MUMBLE]

*pwns EnEsCe with a barret* MUAHAHA!

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 11:17 am
Err try Day of Defeat Elephant hunter... If you die with barret, it doesnt make it availible for somone else to whore, you keep it untill you change your primary to somthing else

KeFear
August 14, 2005, 12:12 pm
Well.. now that's what self bink caused ;) everyone moved to barret. again.
Anyway on topic: as an option, yes. but i don't want to see this too often.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 12:23 pm
an option for a special amount of (one kind of) weapons ingame is a good idia.

well online shops also have only a special ammount of products available :P
so why shouldn't the 'soldat weapon producers' don't have this problem *hehe

anyways, this would be very usefull as an option (but it could be a bit hard to make with weapon mods (for some weapons) --> the ammo counts not the weapon kind)

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 12:31 pm
This isnt only about barretards, too many HK'ers can turn into a laggy sprayfest aswell

Self bink was a bad idea, thats what Realistic mode is for. >_<

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 3:29 pm
I guess this limit would be good in preventing sprayers and barret spammers, sounds good.

solohan50
August 14, 2005, 4:13 pm
i would love this....i just finished a game in my 10-slot server....9 barrets!!!!! i was the only one using something besides a barret....i know everyone can relate. a few barrets isn't bad, but when literally everyone is using a barret, it becomes impossible to play without picking one up for yourself.....

Hoodlum
August 14, 2005, 4:16 pm
I don't think this would work out as all the barret tards would be fighting over who gets the barret etc. I just wouldn't want to watch them.

sande24
August 14, 2005, 6:13 pm
it would be good... like CS... terrorists and SWAT

The @venger
August 16, 2005, 7:22 pm
noooooo, dont do this, rather pwn the barretards if you think them such noobs, it should be no problem for you to kill em ;P

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 7:27 pm
I like this idea.
Could be cool for co-Op servers too.

that fuking sniper
August 16, 2005, 9:12 pm
This has been suggested before and I've rejected the idea before. I reject this again. Noob launchers? *sigh*

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 9:54 pm
What's wrong with it? It's a good idea. I like it anyway, and so do a lot of others by the look of it.

Zegovia
August 16, 2005, 10:55 pm
Its a really nice idea...

It could be like they put a "(*number*)" after the weapons name that indicates how many weapon slots are free....

ex:

Dual dessert eagels (3)
H&K mp5 (4)
AK-74 (3)
Steyr Aug (2)
Spas-12(1)
Ruger 77 (3)
M79(1)
M82A1 Barret (1)
Fn minimi (2)
Minigun(1)
----------------
Ussoccom (5)
Combat knife (4)
chainsaw(4)
LAW(2)

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 3:25 am
sounds fun, if it works in day of deafeat it could work in soldat

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 10:28 am
might work, but then youll have continuos idiots whining about how they cant get the minigun . could also replace the making weapons unavailble option, instaed you just putr in 0

i am ahab
August 17, 2005, 11:37 am
seen the idea before.

i'd like to see the results of it being playtested...

of course you can still pick up used weapons yes?

hence the limit is only at spawn.... ?

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 11:43 am
er, that would just defeat the purpose of limiting it... spawn, drop for a team mate, spawn again, drop for another team mate...

Zegovia
August 17, 2005, 2:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by Taalmight work, but then youll have continuos idiots whining about how they cant get the minigun . could also replace the making weapons unavailble option, instaed you just putr in 0

Not really. i guess would be as when a server have banned a weapon, no text or gun at all....

kingbob
August 21, 2005, 8:45 am
yes! you have to implement this! maybe an option that can be turned on or off, not a permanant thing. maybe something like loading a weapons.ini file in-game perhaps?