( search forums )
Setting up a LAN game...
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 5:10 am
i'm trying to make a lan game(no internet connection) between my computer and my cousin's computer. but when any of us makes a game, there is no game that comes out in the server list even when I set the button to local.

How do I make it so that we can play one on one? :(

n00bface
August 14, 2005, 5:16 am
Uncheck the "weapons mod" button in the filters..it seems to be enabled by default.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 5:16 am
ok thanks, let me try that

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 5:22 am
sorry for double post.

but it still doesn't work :(

do I have to set the IP of the other machine so I can join?

and how do I find out my IP?

n00bface
August 14, 2005, 8:48 am
I'm not understanding you too well..If you want to simply join by IP then you can find out your network IP address by typing 'ipconfig' in Command Prompt. It will be the result that starts with something like '192.168' (here's mine for an example, I bolded my network IP)

[code]
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : earthlink.net
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1[/code]

Denacke
August 14, 2005, 9:32 am
If you'd need more step to step help:
Making your lan game work:
Server PC:
Before you start your server, find out your IP. Do this by going to the start menu -> run -> "cmd" -> "ipconfig". Look for the line IP Adress. Write this IP down or memorize it, just make sure you have it.
You can start the server now.
Client PC:
The client PC(s) will have to use the IP you found by doing "ipconfig" to join your server. They'll just have to start soldat, go to join game tab and fill in the IP and possibly a different port if you specified that. Connect and off you go ;)

Hope it helps.

FliesLikeABrick
August 14, 2005, 2:59 pm
just to clarify, I believe that you cannot list local games as if they are on a lobby server, but I could be wrong

Denacke
August 14, 2005, 3:01 pm
Indeed, local lobby list doesn't work :)