( search forums )
Give ol' uncle Exta some ideas!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 2:33 pm
Well, raptor made his thread for ideas and now im looking for ideas. Ive spent the last 2 weeks of soldat ticked over the new version but i guess ive controlled myself to the point I can settle into map making once again.

Heres how it works:

If you have an idea you think is kewl and map worthy, please, PLEASE give it to me: Im a little short of ideas atm.

Just reply giving me your idea, describe the setting, a story to it, etc...but above all, include a damn layout! If you dont know how to make a layout or what it is, a layout is basicly a quick sketch of the overview of the whole map. Just open paint, take that handy dandy pencil and start drawing how you want it to look. If you dont know how to upload it, use www.photobucket.com and link it or use the img tags.

Ill be busy um...trying to make maps with my current ideas...so eh, gimme ideas!

=D

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 3:04 pm
well... Some idea u could use is a gangwar or something...think a small map..maybe 4 houses totally..and in the last house on each side there be the teams base

and the other 2 houses could be a tactical point players can climb up on and help his friends who is fighting down on the street (It should be a bit hard to get up there or..everyone gonna go there)

and the street ..a street a usally street ...but in the middle (straight under the ''Tactical point'') there should be a car so it would a 'shoot n' duck' style shooting

well i just gave u this idea ...i don't want draw it cuz 1.U probably will have hard to improve the idea..if u got everything in front of u and maybe don't get as good as it can be ...and 2. ..i'm lazy

Keron Cyst
August 14, 2005, 5:14 pm
Has anyone tried making that one map, inf_Theft (the threadstarter just described it for someone who might be able to; he didn't do anything himself)? I made a crappy .JPG layout of what it might look like there.

@sit-anger: read the fine print. *lol*

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 6:35 pm
Sry to lazy =)

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 7:44 pm
A pic of what your thinking really helps me...i usually cant imagine it or i get the wrong picture (As seen in my attempt to steal ideas from raptors thread). I can try, ill see what I can do - i got so bored i started on a remake of one of my first maps which the gameplay was considered excellent.

Keron, link me to the thread where that idea is because I cant find it anywhere~

Keep teh ideas comin.

Zero72
August 14, 2005, 8:17 pm
I've had an idea for an INF map for quite some time. I thought I might try it myself sometime, but bah, I don't have much experience with that sort of thing, and since you're here asking for ideas...

I'll try to draw up a layout later.

Edit: You know... Can't really be assed, sorry.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 9:39 pm
Bah..not helping much. FINE. Ill continue on my remake of my first map.

Jerks.

*sticks tongue out*

*dances*

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 5:07 pm
Alright. I finally have an idea which I had to come up withmyself no thanks to you guys. It should be done in a week or less. The current theme is a ctf that takes place up in the snowy peaks of some mountain range. It will show some simularities to default maps with a touch of original styling. If ctf_mountain isnt in use, that will definetly be its name.

This will also be my first map ever using soldat polyworks.

<333333 Polyworks. Anna you rock! :D

Keron Cyst
August 22, 2005, 3:23 am
*goes to second page*

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=24100

paramud
August 22, 2005, 4:01 am
Why not make a Ravenholm map?
It'll be good for zombie matches.
[IMAGE]
If you don't have Half like two, I'm deeply sorry.
demo of Half life 2.

Corazon-Ray
September 6, 2005, 6:58 am
Something i came up with earlier today is a ctf or dm map out of Ender's Game. it would have somewhat medium bases with a single entrace/exit in the walls leading to the battle room. The battleroom would need to provide cover yet be spacious enough for large battles. This map would require a fair bit of boost as well. i'll try to get a rough layout soon as i have the time.