( search forums )
my 3d model topic thing *9/14* KABAR!!!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
peemonkey
August 15, 2005, 7:21 am
I've been makin models. Ill post em here for critique since whats you guys are more fun than the fellas at CDG or CSDL or CSB or any other of them guys....these models are for games on the source engine, by the by.

8/14
[IMAGE]
HK5699 Survival Knife.
Model: me
UV Map: horribly done by me
Skin: me
Final Skin: DarkElfa
Reference Links:
none, did this with the one i bought from ebay 4 years ago for a penny.
Poly Count: 1070
Time: 12 hours give or take, all during work hours :D
Inspired by: the one in my hand
*DOWNLOAD* http://www.csbanana.com/?section=viewitem.skins.skins.main.4705

8/22

[IMAGE]
Kukri Knife
skin: me
Final Skin: DarkElfa
Reference links: http://www.agrussell.com/var/storage/original/image/phpDQpZv3.jpg
Poly Count: 570
Time: 6 hours altogether, again, at work....they need to give me more to do.
Inspired by: saw a 15 inch one at the cutlery shoppe, fell in love.
*DOWNLOAD* http://www.csbanana.com/?section=viewitem.skins.skins.main.4916

9/2

[IMAGE]
Meat Cleaver
Skin: none
Reference Links: none, from a picture
Poly Count: 538
Time: 3 hours
Inspired by: i was looking around on the internet and found a newspaper archive for my town. i looked up my birthdate, and somebody was murdered with one, pretty savage.
no download at this time

I've got a nice bunch of knives modeled but aren't quite happy with all of them so only will be releasing ones i like. DarkElfa's been a big help lending his skinning skills to my knives and starting with the kukri, compiling them as well. If you'd like to request a knife model, go to http://cdg.csnation.net/viewtopic.php?t=26322 and make a post. tell me who you are here too so i know :P
More knive's a'commin'! guns soon too!

9/14

[IMAGE]
Kabar
UVMap: me
Skin: Dark Elfa
Compiles: Dark Elfa
Poly Count: 1672
time modeled: 4.5 hours total
animations: Valve Defaults, Jennifer!!, Stoke, EdisLeado, Strykerwolf's Ghost Ops
sounds: Vunsunta
w_model convert: Dark Elfa
Download:http://www.csbanana.com/?section=viewitem.skins.skins.main.5171.download
comments: very sexy, good job with elfa again, alot of people liking it at CDG and CSB, already ran into 7 people online using it. i recommend trying out all the animations before settling on those you like, i happen to fance edis' anims, feel deadly and kabar-ish :P

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 7:57 am
sweet, thats heaps mad, i just wanna reach in and take it but im afraid id cut my self :P excellent job

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 1:52 pm
I have the same knife, nicked and battered, from constant use.

By nicked and battered, I mean half the teeth are missing, and there's a serious groove in the cutting edge of the blade closer to the handle.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 4:21 pm
not to talk about the coagulated blood on the tip.

peemonkey
August 15, 2005, 7:23 pm
but it's a good, durable cheap knife :D ive used mine camping for 4 years, about 7 times a year, and i friggin USE it. it's still pretty though :D

what model should i try next? im thinkin maybe my switchblade, but that's more complicated, and i cant find ANY refences....guess ill do a kimber :P

KeyesBlob
August 15, 2005, 8:20 pm
12 Hours?

Man, thats a hella long time...

damnnation
August 15, 2005, 9:15 pm
looks pretty good, maybe i'll use this (if you put the textures and stuff on ;])

peemonkey
August 15, 2005, 9:19 pm
it has textures, but they look different in the render. you more likely than not wont be using this, it's pretty crappy :P nobody's gonna compile it i bet

FliesLikeABrick
August 15, 2005, 9:47 pm
take a look at the CRKT M16-10K

I love this knife, I've been carrying it around with me for about the past 2 years and it faces constant use. Very slim profile, very strong blade.

as for your 3d model, you should get a better quality program for resizing the resulting images, these look like sh*t compared to what they would look like if you used photoshop to resize them.

Michal
August 16, 2005, 6:07 am
I could probably make a model like that with a cad program in about 2 hours, but I have no idea how to make 3D models for games. I'm guessing the process is completely different since I've never had to deal with UV mapping or poly count, so I guess that's why it takes so damn long.
But anyway, that is a damn fine looking knife. Good Job.

peemonkey
August 16, 2005, 6:25 am
it took so long because people cept goin into my office and (Please refrain from swearing)in at me :P that and im a newbie XD

im trying to compile it, but i have no clue what im doin so will get some help from one of the CDG fellers. i have it so the knife is in CSS, but it's on it's side, completely black, and when you stab, it goes like, 9 feet from you and warps back :/

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 6:39 am
If you PM me the model, I think I can compile it for you.

peemonkey
August 16, 2005, 7:46 am
no, im learning how, which is better ;)

peemonkey
August 23, 2005, 4:41 am
*bump* another knife....probably more knives on the way :P

N1nj@
August 23, 2005, 6:14 pm
boo!

make a katana

peemonkey
August 24, 2005, 5:54 am
its been done, and it sucks ingame :P by the way, i made it on CSB with that first knife.
http://www.csbanana.com/?section=viewitem.skins.skins.main.4705
(me = PHP = Paris Hilton's P.enis)[no period, the swear filter is just unfair here :P]

damnnation
August 24, 2005, 11:11 am
yay, i love that skin, using it now, you really should do more! :D

peemonkey
August 24, 2005, 4:39 pm
ive got 3 more knives on the way, i just have to put them out. darkelfa kicks ass.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 4:43 pm
I want your Kukri Knife it's so sexy.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 6:08 pm
penis is not censored by the way.

peemonkey
August 24, 2005, 6:31 pm
i thought it was for a minute there :P penis penis penis vagina vagina vagina (Please refrain from swearing) (Please refrain from swearing) (Please refrain from swearing)
why no j e s u s?

peemonkey
September 2, 2005, 10:47 am
*updated with downloads, creds to DarkElfa, and another model*

Rambo_6
September 2, 2005, 1:33 pm
I noticed it says 'fangus deef' on the side of the knife XD

papasurf31
September 2, 2005, 1:52 pm
Are you using the source SDK to make those? Cause I've been wanting to try it out, but I don't know If I have the effort to learn it.

peemonkey
September 2, 2005, 8:00 pm
milky all the way. unwrap them in lithunwrap, send them off to darkelfa, blam. a shank gets released a few days later :P

peemonkey
September 14, 2005, 11:30 pm
*bump*
PHP strikes again, this time it's pretty (Please refrain from swearing)ing beautiful :P

damnnation
September 15, 2005, 3:55 pm
*orgasms at kabar... :o*
sooo good, i'm only using ur knifes man <3<3

peemonkey
September 15, 2005, 4:04 pm
thankya ;)

damnnation
September 15, 2005, 4:09 pm
ive used all of them, and loved all, but, you should asl Elfa to make diff textures for the KUKRI, don't really like theat part of it

peemonkey
September 15, 2005, 5:46 pm
yea, the kukri wasnt that good, but there's still a couple people out there using it because they like it more than all the others, so at least that's happenin ;)

damnnation
September 15, 2005, 5:51 pm
you should make this: http://www.benchmade.com/products/product_detail.aspx?model=10115
that would be awesome!

peemonkey
September 15, 2005, 6:16 pm
ill make one when i get back, im off to LA in an hour, ill be back in a few weeks.

damnnation
September 15, 2005, 7:25 pm
have fun ;) :D