( search forums )
About Soldat Mapmaking
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DeMonIc
August 15, 2005, 11:33 am
Actually, I didn't have any better idea on where to post this, so sorry Amblin.

Soldat Mapmaking, as we know it, is at a turning point: with Polyworks, higher and higher quality maps are coming, and loads of new mappers who are ready to take their share of the Soldat Mapping scene.
However the Mapping forum is getting wasted: the loads and loads of new mappers and their maps simply flood out the better, and quality maps: threads which hold truly great maps often sink into oblivion under the flood of "First / Second / Third map" topics, and the useless replies within them("I give it a X/10", "LOOKS NICE", etc.).

This is yet another cry from me: Treat the mapping forum nicely, don't post unless you have something usefull to say, replies should hold criticism.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 12:34 pm
http://www.soldatforums.com/forum.asp?forum_id=79

o_O

I know what you mean Demonic...makes me wish the #soldat.mapping channel was active :( would be a nicer place to discuss the better maps.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 15, 2005, 9:21 pm
Hey Demonic, wanna make a soldat mappers forum/site?

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 10:55 pm
Why, did sml died?

STEELIX
August 15, 2005, 11:21 pm
If I'd make a map, people saying " Looks amazing!" and nothing more'd be fine with me...
One-word " Sucks!" thingies could be better, though.

The Geologist
August 15, 2005, 11:41 pm
I agree. I hate spending time on a map only to read posts that have absolutely nothing to do with the map. Spam or otherwise, a little more depth to the comments would be nice to say the least.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 12:15 am
maybe a seperate mapping forum, or another section for beginner maps and then expert maps, and if beginner maps were posted in the expert map they be deleted

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 16, 2005, 12:22 am
I say that we make an "elite mappers society". Where we can actually discuss maps on a professional level. It could maybe even be a team, though that never seems to work. Maybe we could call partner with polyworks and be a team. I dont know. I would just like to see some more maps like ctf_Cathedral around. A polyworks team would be a good idea IMO.

DT
August 16, 2005, 12:34 am
Or Grand Diablo (The admin moder on maping) can start warning the people that spam...
then delete thier spam posts

N1nj@
August 16, 2005, 12:38 am
I have heard that E_H has started to bring back smc I think. He is currently making a new website for it.

And right now, I am also creating a map site, where all the "elite maps" will be avaliable. Kinda like soldatmods.tk except heavily concentrated on maps, map tools/editors. If anyone wants to help me out, drop by at #soldat.polyworks at irc.quakenet.org. I will be there most of the time.

EDIT: damn you Anna XD

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 16, 2005, 3:23 am
Ill help you :D

Chakra`
August 16, 2005, 3:41 am
Just an idea, but the mapping forum is rather large and is continuously swamped. Why not divide the maps into their own forum section? one fot ctf's, one for DM, one for 'alternatives', etc..

My little scenery-overload ctf_ghetto map has probably been set to the third page already :(

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 16, 2005, 4:01 am
Yeah, Elephant Hunter told me about it. SMC died, kinda, after the last incident with Soul Snipa. I'm going to join up in the new mapping organization though.

Elephant_Hunter
August 16, 2005, 5:31 am
SMC's cogs are turning. Stay tuned.

If your curious (or if you happen to be Anna or N1nj@) please contact me.

MSN elephanthunter@gmail.com
AIM nosotrossomosuno
Yahoo hunterofelephants

DeMonIc
August 16, 2005, 10:43 am
In the meantime, feel free to use #soldat.mapping as SMC's IRC headquarters (In soldat, NOTHING survives without IRC.)

papasurf31
August 16, 2005, 12:36 pm
Totally for this. I believe Ninj@ is making a site very much like soldatmods.tk, except for maps. That should be very cool.

Boxo
August 16, 2005, 1:38 pm
Yeah, I hate all that sucky map flood. When I sped 2 weeks on a map, I'd like some decent feedback. I'm all for a new mappers community. In the mean time, join us at #soldat.mapping, many nice mapping people are there.