( search forums )
Ultimate Training Map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
MATT0121
August 15, 2005, 3:11 pm
It has bouncy polys that if you get too careless, will fling you right into lava polys.

Next is an up and down poly maneuver, with ice between them.

Next is a side to side poly maneuver, ending with a very tight passage.

Next is several platforms and only one is safe to go through.

Then, there are several one-way passages where only one goes through.

Then there is a big wall that you can only get over with the help of a bouncy poly.

Then there is a jump that you can only make if you time it perfectly.

Next, there is a small tunnel with lava on the top and bottom with ice in between.

Then there is a set of "steps".

Here is a tricky part:(SPOILER AHEAD!!!) There is a one-way passage down, which looks like it is the way to go, but everything is lava after you go through it and there is no way out! Instead of going through the one-way, walk straight through the wall.

There is a vertical jump which you can only make if you time it perfectly.

Now, there is some glitching! All polys that are purple are glitches. You have to use grenades or a M79 to get through them.
The first one is the glitch from CTF_Death. You will either pop up on the other side or on top. If you pop up on the other side, you are fine. If you pop up on top, you have to stand on a certain part and shoot an M79 straight up to go down through the poly.

Then you go through a tunnel where the floor alternates from lava to ice and the ceiling is low and is lava.

Then there are about 100 small polys and some of them are lava, some of them are safe, some of them are ice, some of them you will fall through, and they are not marked. You just have to guess your way through.

Right after that is two giant mazes with a tunnel with lava and ice on the floor and lava on the ceiling that separates the two mazes. Some of the mazes' walls are lava, so you have to be careful. The mazes were drawn by my sister and are very difficult on paper, they are more difficult when they are bigger than you on here!!

At the end of the mazes is the red flag. You grab it and then go to a small poly where you do a nade jump, which is the only way to get up to the next one.

Next there are two layers of several one-way passages where only one goes through.

After that is the blue flag. But you can't score again because of the one-way passages!? I know. I made it that way so the game would last longer, but there is a way: You go straight up(you might have to hug the wall, it is a loooong way!).

After going up, you turn left and there is a one-way passage going down into the room with 100 polys!!

So you have to do the 100 polys, the mazes, the nade jump, and the 2 layers of one-way passages before you can score again.

This map is about 50% done. I have everything done up to the mazes. I have quit working on it because I need a mapmaker with a select all feature. I created one of the mazes on a separate .PMS so I wouldn't risk messing up what I had done so far, but it will take forever to select every poly of the maze and copy it to the other map.

If anyone knows of a mapmaker that lets you select all the polys, please tell me, thanks.

Keron Cyst
August 15, 2005, 4:33 pm
Sorry, I don't know of any. Soldat PolyWorks by Anna and Michal might have that feature, but I don't guarantee it. What editor were you originally using?

MATT0121
August 15, 2005, 6:22 pm
i use mapmaker plus

MATT0121
August 15, 2005, 6:49 pm
where do you get polyworks

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 7:23 pm
If you have IRC, go to #soldat.polyworks for the latest version.

MATT0121
August 17, 2005, 12:00 am
thx keron it does have select all

how do you copy polys in polyworks?

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 12:40 am
edit->duplicate

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 1:39 am
to duplicate press (Please refrain from swearing)rol-V then in edit you can transfome... like mirror, and flip..

the move toool is helpful too, (Please refrain from swearing)rol will re-scale, and alt will rotate

EDIT:::

OMG the word c-o-n-t-r-o-l is cencored...

MATT0121
August 20, 2005, 11:45 pm
but you can't copy from one .PMS to another

MATT0121
August 25, 2005, 9:26 pm
control