( search forums )
CTF_Poynter
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 6:11 pm
[IMAGE]

I decided to try mapping again, after a long break, and this is my result so far. I'm not gunna add any more scenery really, maybe a few sandbags. Just give me some opinions, what I could improve, or tell me it sucks, I don't care.

Screens: 4 [url="http://www.havoksoldat.com/maps/screenshot317.PNG">5

LazehBoi
August 15, 2005, 6:38 pm
It looks pretty and I wouldn't mind playing this at all. In fact it's one I want to play right now.
Someone slap it on their server!11

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 6:44 pm
I like all the details on the terrain...

perhaps some shadeing in polyworks... and the tunnel backgrounds might look better with some sort of seamless dirt texture (I am includeing a few in the next TACO pak)

the layout looks solid... how about a STAT gun on top of each flagbase for them to give defence... or perhaps some floating island for the defence to camp out on..

all in all it looks like a great map 8)

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 7:32 am
Hmm..isn't like all platforms floating? so nah U can't add a floating platform with the other platforms...they will just make fun of him =)

...Machine gun its seems to easy to have them on top of the base and inside where the flag is because the ground is so smoothed. if it was more like behind the bases..a little more roughen...then they could atleast take cover from it

DeMonIc
August 16, 2005, 10:55 am
A close-up would be nice, so we could judge the size-scale of it.. because if it's as big as I think it is, the spawnpoints placement will lead to loads of stalemates. Otherwise it looks dandy.

i am ahab
August 16, 2005, 12:03 pm
interesting.

on the contrary demonic i think itd be quite high scoring with the flag positions and spawns as they are. the colliders stop camping madness...

hmm.

personally i think that simple, yet alt routed maps are a joy.

this may be a good one dude.

can i download it and stick it on selfrape 1.3 ctf?

btw demonic because of 1.3 im going to poo in your shoes.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 1:48 pm
It's not done yet, but when I finish it I'll post it.
I'm gunna add some screens aswell.

[Edit]
Added 5 screens.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:16 pm
Great size..great everything feels empty whitout so much scenery. but thats just because everyone loves scenery so much the watching their scenery for hours....soo what u still have to do on the map?

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 3:09 pm
Mainly polybugs.

Michal
August 17, 2005, 3:08 am
Wow this map looks really awesome. I love the colours.
Maps with spawns further from the flag usually play really well.
I think it looks fine with only these sceneries, trees and bushes wouldn't really fit in with the theme of the map IMO.
I can't think of any improvements, The map looks perfect to me :]

grand_diablo
August 18, 2005, 7:38 pm
eventhough the choice of colors is somehow limited to 2 main ones, the "pastell" look is refreshingly new. Also the layout could be great fun. All it seems to need are more sceneries (but not trees and bushes, like Michal mentioned).

Keron Cyst
August 18, 2005, 8:21 pm
I think another Grenade Box should be put behind the flag bases, between them and the MediKits. Maybe make the passable walls leading to the flags a different color from the rest of the structure they're attached to?...