( search forums )
problem with starting up the map maker
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 8:42 pm
I downloaded the soldat mapmaker 12 version and installed it in the soldat folder like it says and all, and when I start it up it says: error initializing 3d software. now software will be used... and then I click ok and it brings up another pop-up which says: could not initialize directx graphics. you must have installed directx 8 or better and a 16, 24 or 32 bpp desktop to run this sample. then I click ok and it shuts the soldat map maker down! I have direct x 9.0 and it brings that up and I have it set to 32 bits for the desktop. although I don't know what the bpp thing is about and I don't know how to check it so if you know what to do please please help. oh and if it would be any help to you guys, the computer I am running is a hp pavilion zd8000 17 inch widescreen laptop with windows xp. so please help.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 8:07 am
Try installing just Direct X 8.0, not 9, and see what happens, it might be because you haven't downloaded he Mapmaker Source code too, try that, or else try installing it in ur Soldat folder, I doubt that its your laptop, and if all else fails take two asprine...(Because once you get that frustrating headache from trying to figure it out =P)