( search forums )
Need Server Help
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 9:28 pm
Hi, my friend and i are trying to get a soldat server w/ weapon mods, we have the mods complete, but cant seem to get the map to load. I downloaded the soldatadmin12, and have soldatserver235, for my maps i have this in the maplist.txt file:

ctf_Kampf

ctf_Voland

ctf_B2b

ctf_Death

ctf_Equinox

ctf_B3b

ctf_Viet

ctf_Maya

i am hosting the server.

The server shows up on the list, but when we got to join it jsut says requesting game. What am i forgeting to do? Please help

Thanks

hock3y
August 15, 2005, 9:45 pm
If thats how your maplist.txt file really looks, get rid of all spaces between maps and make sure there is no extra. Many of the maps are having problems in 1.3 anyway, because people have old versions.

mar77a
August 15, 2005, 10:06 pm
Read the stickies in the Server Help Forum....

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=18763

Denacke
August 15, 2005, 10:24 pm
quote:The server shows up on the list, but when we got to join it jsut says requesting game. What am i forgeting to do? Please help
This sympton means the server is either behind a firewall or a router.
If it is the firewall, make sure you allow the soldat server free access to the internet.
If it's the routers fault, follow mar77a's link to the help stickies (which you should always read before posting problems!)

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 11:40 pm
i looked through the sticky but did not fina anything

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 1:28 am
also i am running it off a wire-less connection, but i dont think this would effect it at all.

FliesLikeABrick
August 16, 2005, 1:57 am
did you forward the ports in your router's firewall?

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:05 am
i think i might have it now, lol i checked the help topic more throughly and im gonna test it now.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:41 am
still not working, and i got all the correct ports in, it must be something in the .ini file. BTW what is the Default_Remote_Host to be, right now it is blank, do i fill it in with something? other thatn that i do not know what to do. I filled in all the ports to my router, applied, re-booted, still nothing. And do i need soldatserveradmin to running to play on the server. other than all of this i can only think it is something i need or have to fix in the soldat.ini thing.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:48 am
if it also helps at all my server is getting no ping.

n00bface
August 16, 2005, 2:55 am
quote:BTW what is the Default_Remote_Host to be, right now it is blank, do i fill it in with something?
no, just leave it..

can you tell me what exactly you did when you forwarded the ports on the router? and if on the lobby list the ping shows up as "???", then that would mean that you didn't correctly forward the ports (they're still blocked, or you have a firewall preventing access to your server)

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 4:08 pm
i opened my router using one of the ports in the "how too" the i entered all the right ports like this:

CUSTOMIZED APPLICATIONS
Client
Server
ASE

EXT.PORT
2308 to 2308 {Client}
23037 to 23037 {Server}
23037 to 23037 {ASE}

they are all checked on enable and Protocol UDP (there is also Protocol TCP)

Denacke
August 16, 2005, 4:58 pm
23037? Perhaps you misswrote 23073?

Make sure the port in your soldat.ini is the same you opend on your router!

n00bface
August 16, 2005, 8:18 pm
The ports you need to unblock are 23073, 23083 and different for ASE...perhaps you should read the stickies in this forum again.

quote:Supplementary Setup: (complied from months of posts and troubleshooting)

Soldat Packet Type: UDP (and TCP for Map downloads)

Soldat Client Port: 23083 [note: this is hardwired into Soldat, you cannot change this option]

Soldat Server Port: default 23073 [this can be changed, but does not effect the client port, like previously believed]

Map Download Port (TCP): Soldat Server Port + 10 [for example: if the soldat server port was 24084 then the map download port would be 24094]

ASE Packet Type: UDP / TCP

ASE Scanner Ports: 27243-27243

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 9:18 pm
yes denacke it is 23073 in my router, and what port are you talking about, also is the ASE supposed to be both UDP and TCP? i might of mis-read it. im sorry for all the trouble and really apprectiate all teh help your giving me. The ports are un-blocked, (to the best of my knowledge) how do i un-block them so i can diuble-check.

n00bface
August 16, 2005, 9:42 pm
quote:also is the ASE supposed to be both UDP and TCP?
Yes, but whether or not the ASE ports are configured doesn't matter, since all they do is allow ASE to query the server. Now that the default soldat ports (23073 and 23083) are unblocked, do people still get the same "Requesting Game" message? If they refresh the lobby server, and look for your server name on the lobby, what port does it show your server as having for them?

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 9:59 pm
on the server list it says my port is 23073. and i do not know if they are un-blocked, i was asking how i can do it/ check if they are. sorry.