( search forums )
eh doubt anyone can help but figured id ask
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
GAMEOVER
August 15, 2005, 11:21 pm
Can anyone get their hands on kanji lettering? I need a few words written in kanji.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 5:24 am
uhh maybe oh and how do u like get those display pictures for ur forum name?

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 6:13 am
I know a couple... BTW, wasn't it Ganji?

GAMEOVER
August 16, 2005, 7:54 am
quote:Originally posted by majornoobuhh maybe oh and how do u like get those display pictures for ur forum name?

you like do an image search XD

GAMEOVER
August 16, 2005, 7:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Zipp0I know a couple... BTW, wasn't it Ganji?

I need the words; Health, Jets, and Ammo in kanji I chose kanji because words make up each charecter not like a bunch of symbols to make 1 word. Can anyone do/get this?

August 16, 2005, 10:38 am
@majorn00b.
You like go to your control panel and enter the url of a selected picture that you have uploaded to one of the various amazing file uploaders. Also mkae sure it is a direct link and does not exceed the size restrictions that have been clearly labled. Failure to do so will result in you having no display pic or a wierd one with a few numbers and arrows. Also, any offensive pics will be taken into consideration and removed.

i am ahab
August 16, 2005, 10:54 am
EDIT:
poop the kanji displayed in the post preview, if you just type what i said in though then you should be cool.

DISCLAIMER!:
i'm not japanese, so i cannot speak for their nation with any authority whatsoever, im not guarenteeing what i say is right, just that this is what i think i know. ty, and now the main feature....

hmm dude japanese language is very different to our language and western subject, verb, object based sentence structure.

their words do not really translate directly word for word into ours. more like symbols hold meanings, for example woman has a kanji, as does man, but if you put the symbols for man and woman next to each other then it means love.

and so on.

for your translations you can try babelfish.altavista.com

on its english to japanese translation page i recognise #26085;#26412;#35486; as being kanji so,

i tried typing health in and it translated into #20581;#24247;
ammo: #24382;#34220;
but jets: #12472;#12455;#12483;#12488;#27231;

now, ammo and jets are ideas that kanji are used commonly enough in japan, but if you see the letting next to jets, then you see a load of jumbo, this is hirigana (i think, or katakana, i forget) which is what they use to translate western terms into japanese, for convenience.
you see in jap the concept of plurals is not the same as ours. in fact their sentence structure is vastly different, being along the lines of subject, object, verb.
meaning:
i fly by plane
becomes:
i plane fly

and as i said plurals dont form such a strong hinge point of their language.

so jets (in our meaning for soldat we mean a jet engine) here is not in context in japanese as they wouldn't really talk like that.

so, if you think that words are not directly translatable, and instead look for 'fuel' in kanji you get:
#29123;#26009;

hope that helps ;)

i have a friend in japan, i'll email him and ask if you want for clarification.

btw dude, the moderators prefer it if you edit a previous post rather than continually double post.

GAMEOVER
August 19, 2005, 5:59 pm
ah couldnt come up with anything

ice_man
September 6, 2005, 6:43 pm
look. You want Kanji? Search this on google:

JEDI Japanese

and there you have it!

-Iceman