( search forums )
Fame in Soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra`
August 15, 2005, 11:42 pm

For some reason, I am apparently famous in this small community.

How do I know this? Everyday, every server I go into, for the majority of my soldat 'career', i've had people say stuff like

"omg is that the real Chakra?"
"wow it's Chakra!"
"wtf I killed Chakra, I thought you were invincible"
"I've always wanted to play with you Chakra, thanks :)"

These quotes are by no means 'stretched'. Their direct. I've had this for over a year now, people on IRC knowing me but me not knowing them. My name for some bizarre reason seemingly preceeding me globally.

Anyone who knows me at all knows i'm far from invincible or an exceptional player. Above average perhaps, but far from epic in my skills like the majority of well trained players i've had the misfortune to bump into.

I just came away from llama's inf server after being casually compared to a god.

Now, as you're probably already aware of, this 'is' an attention whoring thread. I would've mentioned this oddity of playing Soldat before but I was never really one for trying to pimp myself up. Well, not in such a direct manner anyhow.

But in all seriousness and back towards the purpose of this topic, will someone please inform me what the sweet f*** i've done to deserve this? If I was Michal Marcinkowski, perhaps then i'd understand. But i'm not. I'm just some jackass who comes on the forums, talks a bit about Soldat and buggers off again. Always have done.

Does anyone else get this? Am I the only one? Is anyone who has more than 100 posts on the forums famous for no real reason? What of those not on the forums?

I just wanna know. It's a little wierd, and it's been bugging me for a while.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 11:49 pm
I think it's your witty remarks - that everyone seems to enjoy. Your casual wording of "luv" and a light, but mature, British attitude, simmered with a spray of humor. That's what the f*ck you've done - nothing else.

VodkaZombie
August 15, 2005, 11:55 pm
Intelligence always brings a person to fame.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 12:01 am
i was known on some servers as being an expert with the rugar back in 1.2.1, and the damm noobs would yell a fit when one killed me. i think everyone gets it once they become a half decent player.
dont worry chakra, at the end of the day ill always kick your pansy invincable arse :P

TheRelinquished
August 16, 2005, 12:14 am
I think that all the forum readers are just so impressed by your usual intelligent conduct that they have you earmarked as a trademark player. While I know that you're not invincible (I actually saw you on a CTF server a week or so ago) I know that you're a veteran, and therefore an above average player (in fact I've been trying to top you on shotgun kills on U13 ^_^). The thing is that other people know your veteran status as well, which leads people to "exaggeration".

My real point is, that you've been known for a long enough amount of time that legend has begun to surround your name. Some people buy it, some just ignore it, but either way, you're famous now. Congrats. I'm sure that MM and FLAB are proud.

~TheRelinquished

_Mancer_
August 16, 2005, 12:35 am
This happens to me all the time in infiltration matchs (especially llamas, today and last year).. and some CTF matchs like U13 (rarly go there) and some privates..

Meh.. I can se why they do it if your good but I think the main reason is popularity.

papasurf31
August 16, 2005, 1:05 am
No, I can't say this has happened to me. No one knows me at all, which is...dissappointing...

Michal Marcinkowski
August 16, 2005, 1:07 am
Wow, do they offer you sex because you're famous?

UGK
August 16, 2005, 1:14 am
Lol Mr. Marcinkowski thats funny.(i call you mr. Marcinkowski because I dont have t power YET to call u Michal) SO anyways back to the topic, I dont concider you a star.....You're just a normal player to me, on that can get pwned. To me you're what Wayne Brady is to Back people.....He makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcom X....They dont really give a steaming piece of crap abut him. I dont give a steaming pile of crap about Chakra. Thanks alot.heres a picture of Michal....http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=26579&whichpage=2

VodkaZombie
August 16, 2005, 1:19 am
That contradicts almost everything you said, so then you consider yourself crap? Oh and dont add extra words to your post, it just makes you look retarded.

UGK
August 16, 2005, 2:12 am
hey vodka coming from you thats a compliment.

Chakra`
August 16, 2005, 2:16 am
'k, so I can be humourous and i've got something between my ears. Does this really warrant this kind of behaviour towards me though? 'cos thats really just silly.

I mean, theres people who really deserve such attention. People who provide us servers like Bricks with U13, roadkill with selfkill.com , those who win leagues or top the ESL, the makers of our many mapmakers and other applications, and so on. I never hear jack about those guys.

quote:Originally posted by Michal MarcinkowskiWow, do they offer you sex because you're famous?

Alas no, although once I join Tom Cruise's cult maybe that'll change.

You on the other hand....if you're ever passing through britain, give us a buzz on the banana luv.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:19 am
lol chakra i did that to you today when u entered my server..was messin around with weapon editor...i didnt say anything special tho was like...chakra...from the forums? lol

i guess thats what made you come to the forums to post this haha? coz u left my server like RIGHT AFTER i said that

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:45 am
Hmm...I've seen alot more people from the forums lately since 1.3 came out

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:47 am
It's not really the fact that you're intelligent, so much as that when people see you use that intelligence, they naturally assume you're a person of some authority and respect in the community. Thus, they bow.

n00bface
August 16, 2005, 2:52 am
quote:I never hear jack about those guys.
then maybe you should listen? i hear about those guys all the time (with the exception of roadkill.) the attention ratio of you to all of the above is like 1:10. the others just dont get as much attention playing because...well...they hardly ever play soldat do they? i mean, sometimes they play, but in the cases of flieslikeabrick and roadkill etc, you wouldn't see them playing on any public servers, just their own. there was a time in 1.1.5 when i used to play a lot on every server, even the aussie servers and people i didn't know sometimes recognized me, not anymore though, mostly because i only play on my own server.

right now, chakra, you are like paris hilton. you are famous just for being famous.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:52 am
Chakra, if you're referring to what I said in LL server, I was just fooling around. Don't mind me, I'm just another 14yr.old noob. If I offended you, I apologize.

quote:Anyone who knows me at all knows i'm far from invincible or an exceptional player. Above average perhaps, but far from epic in my skills like the majority of well trained players i've had the misfortune to bump into.

You may just be an above average player, but I'm worse than average so ......

quote:But in all seriousness and back towards the purpose of this topic, will someone please inform me what the sweet f*** i've done to deserve this? If I was Michal Marcinkowski, perhaps then i'd understand. But i'm not. I'm just some jackass who comes on the forums, talks a bit about Soldat and buggers off again. Always have done.

I think its because your posts are always entertaining to read. Also, it might be because your in game name is the same as your forum name making it easier for people to recognize you.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:55 am
If I see someone from forums, I ask if it's them, but only to discuss a topic they posted about or something... I wouldn't go so far as to verbally fellate them.

reckon
August 16, 2005, 2:56 am
OMG CHAKRA IS SO GODLY AND CUTE!
:B
All sarcasm aside, it was a pleasure to finally dat with you.
I hope you come around the llama server more often, perhaps more <3's will show up.
And I dont rely on my knife too much, it found a nice home in your body ;)

SuperKill
August 16, 2005, 3:07 am
noobs, nobody knows me anymore ;f!

rabidhamster
August 16, 2005, 3:38 am
a lot of people worship the beta testers. plus, if someone from the forums sees someone else from the forums in soldat, chances are one of them will make a small fuss about it.

Chakra`
August 16, 2005, 3:40 am
well you four above who greeted me with...greetings in llama's server just now, weren't the first to show this weird affection. I don't take offence at it, it's just something I never really understood :|

And you're quite right n00bface, I never really listen to much thats going on in Soldat, even in this forum. Why have I never seen much talk of league winners and stuff in this place?

reckon
August 16, 2005, 4:46 am
A greeting is a greeting, it doesnt correspond with fame much.
The reason I greeted you so awkwardly is cause I literally read this thread moments before joining that server.
Many times Ill see a user name similar to a forum name in dat and ask em if theyre a part of it.
Its always fun to play someone in the community, especially those so involved in it.
I just hope my contributions (post) to the forum will get me noticed, the more post the more publicity! Its nice to see regulars play together.

that fuking sniper
August 16, 2005, 4:46 am
I used to get the same thing alot in American servers back when I was active and worth my own damn salt :P

Now when I go into a server people ask me who I am and when did I join PS. Hah.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 5:06 am
Maybe your friends have talked about you with other people, so strangers see your name, and think 'wow'. :)

Elephant_Hunter
August 16, 2005, 5:21 am
People still know who I am from my last openMapper release... (which fixes a ton of bugs Mark.jp didn't bother with for some reason, I'm soo jealous.) You could use it to accompany polyworks if you like :P

Chakra, you are the second most socially powerful person in this forum to MM and styx. With some poetic words and maybe a post you could send waves of ruthless forumers towards their doom.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 6:11 am
Ummm.....Chakra?

quote:But in all seriousness and back towards the purpose of this topic, will someone please inform me what the sweet f*** i've done to deserve this?

At http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=24665 you said, and I quote: "What I may have done to deserve such devoted attention is not beyond me, seeing as i'm just fantabulous, and have left quite a solid mark on you buggers for the past 2 years. Although i'm still waiting for an official fanclub, website, and forum."

Hope I don't sound too smart alecky but I believe you have answered your own question. However, the reason I greeted you this morning was: There was a thread about 1.3 and somebody was saying that backflip was useless (or something like that), then somebody else told him that you'd dodged a barret bullet by backflipping just before it hit you. That immediately elevated you to soldat hero status in my eyes. So this morning when I saw you, I had to say hi, but somehow ended playing the fool(which happens a lot).

Cookie.
August 16, 2005, 6:28 am
Superkill you use to be the most famous player to me lol

Captain Ben
August 16, 2005, 7:05 am
As far as being recognized goes (besides running into other forum members), occasionally, i'll get the 'ru from the forum'. It doesn't happen often, but I feel somewhat retarded when people repeat things that I've said.

Don't worry, Chakra! You can always ldonbgo;.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 7:10 am
Personally, I only know you from Soldat Radio. If it weren't for that, I would have never known who you were. I guess these things just happen to active people in the community.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 7:12 am
I get people saying "hi enesce" or "are you the real encesc?" quite alot, and alot of people impersonating my O.o

Vijchtidoodah
August 16, 2005, 7:17 am
Ever since I moved out from the (very comfortable) rock that is realistic/survival servers and into ones like U13 and laughingllamas, I've been recognized more and more. Trouble is, I don't know who half the people are that keep talking to me...

Elephant_Hunter
August 16, 2005, 7:46 am
Who are all you people?

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 8:09 am
did anyone else notice how a quater of all the people who posted here are noobs :P just wanted to point that out. enesce i said i was gonna pwn you in your server once, but i tend to pick one random person and focus my destructive power on them :P i do it all the time.

Aquarius
August 16, 2005, 8:34 am
quote:For some reason, I am apparently famous in this small community.

How do I know this? Everyday, every server I go into, for the majority of my soldat 'career', i've had people say stuff like

"omg is that the real Chakra?"
"wow it's Chakra!"
"wtf I killed Chakra, I thought you were invincible"
"I've always wanted to play with you Chakra, thanks :)"

Chakra I know what are you talking about "omg Aquarius is taht yOu?! Are you real, can I touch you??" ...it pisses me off so much I don't play as 'Aquarius.pl' since a year or so.

Zero72
August 16, 2005, 8:57 am
Heh, cool. Must be nice to know you've made a mark on the community.

I'm not quite famous yet, but I have been recognized occasionally as a forum member, usually by people who have used my mods. That's always nice.

aprilninety
August 16, 2005, 8:58 am
chakra is my heero/ ;)

we all love your witty dry humour!

Captain Ben
August 16, 2005, 1:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Taaldid anyone else notice how a quater of all the people who posted here are noobs :P just wanted to point that out. enesce i said i was gonna pwn you in your server once, but i tend to pick one random person and focus my destructive power on them :P i do it all the time.

Then I recommend you don't say anything about knife battles.

August 16, 2005, 1:27 pm
I've been asked "Are you the Sticky that makes maps" about once every two weeks. I feel so loved.

Outcast
August 16, 2005, 1:28 pm
Chaky honey let's make hot sex in the tub.

i am ahab
August 16, 2005, 1:50 pm
quote:
Superkill you use to be the most famous player to me lol

i still play with a version of THEFAT in my nick ;)

but im lazy.

and i have superkill tattooed across my forehead.

/me steers the ship of love off topic

dont be like me kids. love chack. because it worries him.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:32 pm
Fame seems to be a fairly random thing. I've established absolutely no fame at all in my server hopping for 3 hours a day.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:41 pm
"Stalky i no u, ur from the forums right?"

Being a moderator makes it easy :)

Hitman
August 16, 2005, 3:11 pm
Oh, Chakra, get over yourself.

I, for one, never play with my forum name.

LazehBoi
August 16, 2005, 3:16 pm
I'm not famous at all! It's rather awesome.

Chakra`
August 16, 2005, 3:18 pm
But I live for their love Hitman ;(

ráz0r
August 16, 2005, 6:52 pm
I get alot of hate from people I don't know

Denacke
August 16, 2005, 6:52 pm
You can guess twice why :P

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 9:52 pm
Bleh, never seen you ingame..if so i dont even remember - nor would i remember to show some sort of extra attention towards you.

Boo.

Man, im just WAITING for someone to make a thread about me that says like:

Title: Extacide

Msg: Omfg has anyone ever played with this n00b? Hes probably the most whiniest mother effer you'll ever see, and dubs about everyone he plays a noob. If you see him...just ignore him...

I do have a very bad habit of letting my dislike of barrets and m79s get the better of me. Its only a game, but when you get killed like that...it just ruins the fun.

(Once again, another way to spread my hatred)

VodkaZombie
August 16, 2005, 10:45 pm
Wow, if you hate m79 and barret so much then just play with bots offline. I dont see any reason to hate them, its just a game.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 12:02 am
Its just a game which all fun is ruined when killed by those lame weapons. Anyways, back onto topic.

Kazuki
August 17, 2005, 12:29 am
Haha. I really don't see why it's bothering you. Just sit back and enjoy it.

My "fame" comes from the videos I make. KAZUKI MAKE VIDEO! POPULARITY RISE!

And also, Hitman, you never play under your forum name because it's so overused. Just think of the confusion you're causing to all those poor bast*rds with a Hitman nick.

"Are you Hitman from the forums?"
"O_o ... Uhm ... I could be if you give me 2 minutes to register."

Chakra`
August 17, 2005, 12:51 am
I don't mind the fame thing. It'd be ok if it was "oh look it's Chakra, that guy from the forums." But it ain't like that.

"omg Chakra, I look up to you" or "i'll keep coming back to this server now I know you play here Chakra :D".

It's just f***ing weird.

VodkaZombie
August 17, 2005, 1:17 am
HAH! Many people would just die for that fame.

Outcast
August 17, 2005, 1:27 am
I'm not popular anymore, i'm unpopular, rawr.

Cookie.
August 17, 2005, 3:44 am
From 10 minutes ago :P
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

STEELIX
August 17, 2005, 11:18 am
People start to know me, yet I can't get the "looking up to me" part to work.
;(

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 12:42 pm
Meh...a few people look up to me...well...ok maybe 1-2...and im recognized in a server about...once per month?

Chakra' now im interested in playing against you in Soldat.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 2:29 pm
I was known as the local Minimi-whore-who-somehow-always-ends-up-at-the-top-of-the-scoreboard at Llama's for awhile, but now I'm entirely unknown. It's quite fun.

?
August 17, 2005, 8:18 pm
What no one really knows is that Chakra is a very rich drug dealer, and also he enters himself in knife throwing contests, and all the while advertising soldat and his name... his real fan base are druggies and knife freaks that just happen to play soldat. :D

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 8:49 pm
dose any one know ME

Psyker
August 17, 2005, 8:53 pm
chakra is famous because he is outspoken and witty

however he does not realize this

DeMonIc
August 17, 2005, 8:57 pm
Chakra is Soldat's Paris Hilton!
Only less blond.
And more hairy.

I only get occasionally flamed, and people try to vote kick me on a regular basis when we play on htf_mare. Funny stuff.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 9:36 pm
Lmao. I wonder why...

Chakra, we must 1v1 sometime. In your attempt to discontinue the extra attention, you have certainly caught mine.

reckon
August 18, 2005, 2:39 am
Im famous too cause im in cookies screencap!
Thats my other name I use when Im not at my house.
The unregistered version doesnt deserve my <3*r e c k o n, so it gets The Texas Hammer.

Mr. Domino
August 19, 2005, 11:36 am
quote:Originally posted by VodkaZombieIntelligence always brings a person to fame.

quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcChakra is Soldat's Paris Hilton!

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 12:20 pm
I got to play with cookie last night! :D