( search forums )
A Soldat Wallet? I think so.... (warning:big pics)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
TheRelinquished
August 16, 2005, 4:13 am
Yes, my duct tape Soldat wallet is complete and my friend has delievered it to me at last. I am, needless to say, very pleased with the work, and I just couldn't help making a post on the forums to advertise the unprecendented awesomeness (yes, i said "awesomeness") of this thing.

Perhaps it should have gone in the Fan Art section, but since it's not really art, and this section gets a lot more publicity anyway, I went mainstream. Forgive me, moderator(s) if this was wrong on my part.

So without further ado, here are the pictures....

The outside....
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

The inside (ID flap down)....
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

The inside (ID flap up)....
[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

And that's it. Pretty hardcore for being 99% duct tape (I attribute 1% to the plastic cover for the ID flap). He'd never even heard of Soldat before a week or so ago either. I drew a sketch of what I wanted and he got it done for me. Pretty sweet I'd say. I think I'll have him make a blue counterpart....

~TheRelinquished

Post Scriptum:
Sorry to the moderators again for the use of no less than 8 images. Please forgive. ^_^

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 4:29 am
I can't see a damned thing.

Cookie.
August 16, 2005, 4:35 am
Thats pretty sweet :D
Very detailed with ducktape must have been really hard :o

Ductape walls were like a few years ago :P All i remember mine doing was getting sticky! and then it got a whole worn in it and some change fell out :'(

-=Edit

Yea i must say it is a bit creepy :\

karmazon
August 16, 2005, 4:42 am
Um....yeah this is going too far.

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 16, 2005, 4:47 am
Looks pretty cool in an obsessive kinda way.

_Mancer_
August 16, 2005, 5:24 am
Someone here likes soldat a bit too much :F

GAMEOVER
August 16, 2005, 5:33 am
your nuts..

reckon
August 16, 2005, 6:39 am
I thought duct tape came in the standard gray color.
Well my mind is officially bloooooown.

Captain Ben
August 16, 2005, 6:57 am
Nice first name.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 7:13 am
Got life?

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 7:51 am
id buy maybe a cool soldat shirt, but a wallet thats a little wierd

aprilninety
August 16, 2005, 9:06 am
wow i never knew they made different-colored duct tape! i'm impressed. how did the guy cut the duct tape so small without getting it stuck to the scissors or something? :)???

I'm easily amused.

Yukwunhang
August 16, 2005, 9:44 am
Make one for MM.

n00bface
August 16, 2005, 9:56 am
Nice wallet, you shouldn't carry your Social Security card around with you though.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 10:26 am
Hehe, nice one. ^.^

i am ahab
August 16, 2005, 10:32 am
but...

but......

why?

soldat pants anyone?

TheRelinquished
August 16, 2005, 12:23 pm
Hey, don't hate on the wallet. It was just a fun idea I had when I saw the guy make a Sally wallet (Nightmare Before Christmas chick, I'm sure you all know). Really I think he needs a life, but if he's willing to do the painstaking work then I'm willing to take advantage of it. Because that's the American way.

You know that if there were shirts and hats and bumper stickers you would be all over them too. So since none of those exist, why not a wallet? Besides, my old wallet is about 10 years old. Apparently it was being partially held together by the loads of crap inside it. Who knew....

karmazon
August 16, 2005, 12:33 pm
quote:Originally posted by TheRelinquished
You know that if there were shirts and hats and bumper stickers you would be all over them too.

Uh....no ? What kind of assumption is that ?

FliesLikeABrick
August 16, 2005, 1:53 pm
klein, they have been making multi-colored duct-tape for as long as duct tape has existed.

I agree with n00bface, it is a very bad idea to carry your social security card around with you

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:25 pm
That's good, obsessive work.

Why would he do it in all duct-tape, though? :p

i am ahab
August 16, 2005, 2:34 pm
quote:don't hate on the wallet
i dont hate on! <3 the mad wallet!

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 2:40 pm
There's nothing to hate on. Only to question the obsessiveness of. heh heh

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 3:36 pm
oh my, what a pointy crotch that soldat has :|

i am ahab
August 16, 2005, 4:01 pm
:0

TheRelinquished
August 16, 2005, 11:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazon

quote:Originally posted by TheRelinquished

You know that if there were shirts and hats and bumper stickers you would be all over them too.

Uh....no ? What kind of assumption is that ?

Nevermind karmazon, I'm sorry that I've somehow disturbed you. Feel free to exclude yourself from this post entirely from here on out.

Note: This wallet was not a result of manic obsession with the game, it was a strange whim on which I acted. I met a guy who makes custom designed duct tape wallets and the thought occurred to me that the Soldat community might find it amusing. Apparently that's not so with some of you. I find your lack of humor depressing.

Post Scriptum:
I assure n00bface and FliesLikeABrick that my SS card isn't in the wallet anymore ^_^. I just stuffed everything in before I took the picture.

Captain Ben
August 16, 2005, 11:38 pm
That's still heaps good, I mean, wasn't there a thread in here earlier about Soldat souvineers?
If there were, I'd get a coffee mug when I'd register :D

quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrick
I agree with n00bface, it is a very bad idea to carry your social security card around with you

Being the n00b who still mooches off his parents, why is it bad to carry your social security card with you?

VodkaZombie
August 17, 2005, 1:31 am
I think its pretty crafty work. I wonder what he used in the inner part, probably some cardboard just for something to hold the tape.

Cookie.
August 17, 2005, 3:40 am
Why is it a bad idea to carry your social security number with you xD

Psyker
August 17, 2005, 7:40 am
this is the best thread i have seen so far since i have registered on these forums

Captain Ben
August 17, 2005, 7:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Cookie.Why is it a bad idea to carry your social security number with you xD

You can tell me. Can't you get another once you've lost it?

STEELIX
August 17, 2005, 11:20 am
That's pretty pathetic. ;)
You've done such things before, haven't ya, relinq.

SPARTAN_III
August 17, 2005, 12:21 pm
get yourself a color phone.

nicely made btw, it would have been nice to incorporate the logo in it somehow.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 12:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by cHuTThat's good, obsessive work.

Why would he do it in all duct-tape, though? :p

Because anything made of duct tape automatically qualifies as being totally awesome. I actually have an unfinished trench coat made of duct tape... It's more of a short-sleeve jacket right now.
In fact, Duck Tape plays on the whole concept of duct tape items and their inherent awesomeness by giving scholarships to kids who go to their prom in a duct tape tuxedo/dress.

As for this wallet, I'm gonna have to say that it's pretty cool, but I think the colorful soldats and stuff ruin it almost. You really just shouldn't do something with so much color and detail with a medium that's so limited in it's smoothness of lines. Some sillouettes would have looked much nicer, or even a drawn/printed illustration under a plastic cover.

August 17, 2005, 8:37 pm
I have a pair of Soldat boxers.

Made of duct tape.

Psyker
August 17, 2005, 8:55 pm
haha my house is modelled after arena3

lastpatriot
August 17, 2005, 9:02 pm
My house IS inf_fortress

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 10:02 pm
Is someone gonna make a soldat car?

ráz0r
August 17, 2005, 10:28 pm
(Please refrain from swearing) taking that out in public. worse than a pink car

TheRelinquished
August 17, 2005, 11:50 pm
I originally wanted black for the Soldat himself and for the Soldat logo. I also wanted an olive green color for the actual wallet. But apparently that just...didn't....happen....I'm thinking about having him make me another one. It's worth the $5.

And as far as the detail goes, you should've seen the original sketches I made. They were pretty cool for a nub faced artist like me. ^_^