( search forums )
I AM THE MESSIAH
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Norris Scott
August 16, 2005, 8:59 pm
Funniest thing that's happened to me in a long time playing CTF Survival/Realistic.

Alright, so we're on CTF_Voland. I run through the bottom with my spas just shooting the crap out of whatever comes my way, and get blasted by a barret right in the middle of the bridge under the vertical tunnel. Now..this is pretty normal, so I'm like "Okay, whatever" and I watch my teammates in their attempts to destroy the enemy.

Skip 5 minutes later, and I see something FLOATING in the middle of the map. I click over to try and get to a teammate with a closer view to it, and instead click over to my dead corpse...and that IS my dead corpse.

I've seen floating corpses before, but they usually don't last very long. This baby was halfway up the vertical tunnel and was still going. Needless to say, I was cracking up.

So I alert my fellow players by going "I...I'm ascending to heaven...", followed by a loud and proud "I AM (J}ESUS H. CHRIST."

(The crap? Why's the J-man's name censored?)

Everyone's cracking up over it as I continue to float higher and higher, making it out of the vertical tunnel and floating over the map just as the only enemy left over drops onto the roof and looks up at me, going "LOL". I'm like "DO NOT DEFILE THE CORPSE OF THE MESSIAH"

He didn't shoot me, either.

So there I am, just floating higher and higher until finally the map is completely out of range. Moments later, the enemy gets killed and we wait for the respawn timer to kick on.

I just thought it was one of the most hilarious 'corpse floating' incidents I'd experienced. How about you guys? Ever had anything similar, or a really funny incident involving a corpse?

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 9:32 pm
That happens all the time on Voland

Norris Scott
August 16, 2005, 9:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by riverphoenixThat happens all the time on Voland

I'd figure, but it was the first time for me and was, to say the least, quite a funny experience.

Deleted User
August 16, 2005, 10:31 pm
Happens to me all of time on Voland and other maps. Also if your dead corpse falls off the map it'll make you respawn. This is always really fun on survival mode when the enemey knows you're dead, then you come back.