( search forums )
Hold The Flag
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sande24
August 17, 2005, 10:42 am
The one, who holds the flag, should get points for doing that... When the team gets one point, then the flag carriing person gets one aswell...(or two?)

firebolt145
August 17, 2005, 12:43 pm
No, don't think so. It's a complete team game, not an individual player.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 12:44 pm
AUGH!!!!!!

this gamemode is already in soldat.. where's your brain?
go to www.soldat.pl and download soldat 1.3.

sande24
August 17, 2005, 12:54 pm
I know. i thought that a guy who HOLDS the flag should get POINTS for HIM... The team gets points, but the flag holder get points for him. Usually the flagger can't kill many people and has to run, but he has to get something for not killing others.

Liber_Lupus
August 17, 2005, 2:26 pm
It's not about killing anyway. It's a TEAM game. Where you hold the flag for your team. If your team wins, you win.

Koon
August 17, 2005, 3:59 pm
I actually get more kills as the flag bearer because im constantly being assaulted by enemies that my teamates dont take care of.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 7:19 pm
quote:Originally posted by HHHAUGH!!!!!!

Where's YOUR brain?

Next time, read the post properly.

Will
August 17, 2005, 10:09 pm
This is basically the same as pointmatch therefore there is no point in this game mode. whats the point in it being a team game if theres one player getting more points? this will promote tk'ing.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 12:24 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHAUGH!!!!!!

thats a stupid thing to say, now do what fluffy says and edit your post

Keron Cyst
August 18, 2005, 4:23 am
Yeah, that's true; HTF is basically a Teammatch Pointmatch, so I think it should be changed a little...

bond_james_bond
August 18, 2005, 1:58 pm
Agreed, agreed to all of you escept HHH

LazehBoi
August 18, 2005, 3:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by WillThis is basically the same as pointmatch therefore there is no point in this game mode. whats the point in it being a team game if theres one player getting more points? this will promote tk'ing.

quote:Originally posted by Keron CystYeah, that's true; HTF is basically a Teammatch Pointmatch, so I think it should be changed a little...

You two have no idea what you're talking about. Play both modes before you say something like that.
Thanks.
But yeah. You're right about the teamkilling, but don't the flags in CTF and INF 'promote' teamkilling, too?
And who the hell plays with friendly fire enabled?

firebolt145
August 18, 2005, 3:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoi
And who the hell plays with friendly fire enabled?

I do sometimes. ^^

Koon
August 18, 2005, 5:46 pm
FF is on a lot of realistic servers.

Keron Cyst
August 18, 2005, 8:17 pm
@LazehBoi: of course it's heavily modified but otherwise they're more or less the same except to win you need your team instead of yourself alone.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 10:04 pm
Nothing wrong with friendly fire (unless you step on a teammates' grenade)
I don't think it would promote team killing, if the flag holder only got one point at the same time as the team got a point. After all, it's only fair.

mooseproduce
August 22, 2005, 12:38 pm
The Realistic servers are pwn, because Real is awesome and because you get a lot of Survival and FF servers.

Real + FF + Survival = pwn.