( search forums )
Mirc
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
?
August 17, 2005, 8:25 pm
As is a previous topic I said I will only be using my college's little internet cafe, now I really would like to be able to use mirc, and since i have no laptop and I can't claim a computer I was thinking I might find a big enouhg jup drive to fully install mirc, and simply access it through "My Computer" well what I am really asking is if this would work, to be honest I see no reason why not but I would just like some feedback.

FliesLikeABrick
August 17, 2005, 8:48 pm
big enough what drive? mirc is only a couple megabytes, so you can install it on pretty much anything, and yes thatll work if you do. jump drive? as in usb drive? thatll work fine.

if you cant do that, you can use http://u13.net/irc/

b00stA
August 17, 2005, 9:59 pm
It'll suffice if you just copy your current installation of mIRC but without all the subfolders (logs, downloads, sounds, etc.) unless you're using some kind of special scripts.

?
August 18, 2005, 5:30 pm
ok thanks, btw flab it may just be the cafes computers but I keep getting a cannot connect on your irc thing.

btw here is the error
Unable to connect : access denied (java.net.SocketPermission irc.quakenet.org resolve) come to think of it, its prolly just some (Please refrain from swearing) security thing here :(