( search forums )
htf_Rubik - omg teh crazy (now waypointed) cube!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
grand_diablo
August 18, 2005, 2:08 pm
Nuff said: A fast-paced htf map inspired by the famous Rubik's cube, that many of us wasted so many hours on. No botwps yet, but maybe I'll add them sometime. The yellow flag can spawn on top of one of the three yellow cubes.

Size: 3on3+ (I guess it might be a bit frustrating in 2on2)

EDIT: Aug-19 ~ Waypoints added
Pls redownload.

Have fun!

Download:
http://www.denacke.net/Dibo/maps/htf_Rubik.PMS

Screen:
[IMAGE]

numgun
August 18, 2005, 2:36 pm
thats nice shading!! : O

-off topic- OMFG my 99 post!!!

Denacke
August 18, 2005, 2:59 pm
Great piece of mapping!

I've been thinking about the exact opposite. The places you filled with polygons would be open, and the open places would be filled with polygons. Meaning there are 9 cubes that are unreachable with eachother. This might be an interesting idea for a 24 player deathmatch server.

grand_diablo
August 18, 2005, 3:02 pm
yeh, but youd have to get a lot of ppl on that server to make it enjoyable, otherwise they wont hardly meet each other :p

Denacke
August 18, 2005, 3:04 pm
Yeah true :) would be cool to be king of the cube though ^^

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 3:46 pm
If you guys recall a map that looked simlilar... I think it was called Bomber something. But this looks nice.

EDIT: Yeah, yeah, it was X-Bomber.PMS.

Maxx
August 18, 2005, 5:40 pm
Yes, yes, this does look rather...familiar.

Hmmmm....

Raptor
August 18, 2005, 6:37 pm
To be honest, I don't like the map. But I'll still download it...

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 6:51 pm
Looks nice, good job.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 8:23 pm
Hehehe, nice.

Keron Cyst
August 18, 2005, 8:24 pm
How do you get to the center cube (you said the flag could spawn there)? I don't see any pathway leading there...

sande24
August 18, 2005, 9:06 pm
All the ideas for maps are gone... now you have to do something original... good but i dont think its good to play...

grand_diablo
August 18, 2005, 10:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystHow do you get to the center cube (you said the flag could spawn there)? I don't see any pathway leading there...

Huh?

that sceneries that were needed to cover the end of the darkening background are no barriers, you can actually go inside the "labyrinth" ;)

[b]EDIT:
Map is now waypointed, just redownload and enjoy![/]

The Geologist
August 19, 2005, 6:18 pm
So pretty! I love the use of color. More comments forthcoming after the D/L, yet things look good as of yet. And it's waypointd now! ^_^