( search forums )
I'm getting tired of...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 6:01 pm
Hello, as the subjects says, I'm getting tired of something..and this thing is the whine.
Seriously, I thought 1.3 would solve those problems, and it's far from being solved...really.
You use AK, people whine, you take steyr people whine, what's the solution exactly ? not using autos at all?
I think this post is pointless, because I'm not trying to understand why, just telling that, this ruins the game.
Well and to let people tired of whine, replying also.

Chakra`
August 18, 2005, 6:05 pm
Well luv... you can change the game any which way you like, but people will always find some niggle about something.

Even me in fact. I can't stand knifers...they rely on them too well as they're usually incapable with their primary. 1 shot weapons still piss me off too, with all their running away and hiding. And facing a good auto user while using a binkable weapon is just plain infuriating.

Still, I'd still say this version is very well balanced.

DeMonIc
August 18, 2005, 6:13 pm
Whining isn't a problem of Soldat.. it's a part of the whole world. Just check history, revolutions are connected with (often justified) complaining from the supressed parts of society.

_Mancer_
August 18, 2005, 6:31 pm
All you have to do is ignore them and let them whine for themselves :)

Mielos
August 18, 2005, 6:35 pm
I can't remember to have heard any whining yet on our SN pubby ( no barret ) since the 1.3, and I alo use steyr. The only place I see a lot of whining is this forum.

But it does bother me that I see a lot more one shot death weapons then before except for the LAW, m79 is the most used weapon on our server and for a secondary knife really high to ([URL])

Btw , the mute command isn't that hard to use (/mute (playernumber)) but I wonder how an admin can mute someone for everyone

GAMEOVER
August 18, 2005, 6:58 pm

quote:Even me in fact. I can't stand knifers...they rely on them too well as they're usually incapable with their primary.

Im a knifer and I think knifers should get more respect then that I mean a knife isnt the easyest weapon to use constantly expecially going up againts others primarys with it. Out of all the 1 hit kill weapons the knife has got to take the most skill if you use it a lot.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 7:03 pm
They can whine if they want to. Who cares?

reckon
August 18, 2005, 7:11 pm
Ah chakra, you and your stance on knifers.
Perhaps the reason they use them is cause they connect more times than not.
As for not be proficient in their primary, the knife is sort of a primary.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 7:13 pm
I do ? otherwise I wouldn't have posted.
if you don't care then why did you reply ?

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 7:24 pm
The knife isn't all that easy to use. You don't like knifers? Keep your distance to give them a harder shot, that's all.

Felix
August 18, 2005, 8:20 pm
Hm Ouchek, I saw you whining more than once so.. I hope you changed.

.alex.oner.
August 18, 2005, 8:22 pm
y' know what, im getting tired of things aswell..

im getting tired of people with those damn moustaches!

tRaQs
August 18, 2005, 10:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by OuchekHello, as the subjects says, I'm getting tired of something..and this thing is the whine.
Seriously, I thought 1.3 would solve those problems, and it's far from being solved...really.
You use AK, people whine, you take steyr people whine, what's the solution exactly ? not using autos at all?
I think this post is pointless, because I'm not trying to understand why, just telling that, this ruins the game.
Well and to let people tired of whine, replying also.

Don't count on Michal for that, count on the scientests trying to find the cure for stupidity.

TheRelinquished
August 18, 2005, 10:36 pm
I happen to love the knife, and I love using it. I think it's marginally difficult to use, but powerful in its own right. I still think there are balance issues to be resolved with the Chainsaw vs. the Knife (saw gets the shaft), but there's nothing worth complaining about to anyone but yourself.

Hell, even I hate the M79. Why? No good reason. Just do. ^_^

~TheRelinquished

_Mancer_
August 18, 2005, 11:35 pm
Ouchek whines more than anyone on soldat when we cw them -.-

Meandor
August 18, 2005, 11:50 pm
Hi. You're whining about whiners. That makes you a whiner too ^_^

LazehBoi
August 18, 2005, 11:50 pm
Here in Australia we still have n00bs whining about the barret, believe it or not.
THE BARRET! Bahah

NavySeal
August 19, 2005, 12:00 am
always hated the knife, never tried to use it though, but its a cheap weapon in my opinion, almost instant kill, there where few times I survived with minimal HP. Got hit in the leg those times.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 1:28 am
Ok. Knife compared to m79. Knife is 75% accurate, m79 being just below that. Both kill instantly 80% of the time. Only difference, you wont get a 2nd shot with knife, its 1 kill (or miss) and you might not see that knife ever again.

Anyways, ive stopped my whining (Except about barrets and m79s), hoping other people can too. Im a deagler who took a hard nerf from this version, and ive managed to survive.

Meandor
August 19, 2005, 1:42 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideOk. Knife compared to m79. Knife is 75% accurate, m79 being just below that. Both kill instantly 80% of the time. Only difference, you wont get a 2nd shot with knife, its 1 kill (or miss) and you might not see that knife ever again.

Thank you for stating the obvious!

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 1:48 am
Just doin' muh job. *tips his work helmet and joyfully frolics away into the distance*

(That was meant to prove knives are not easy weapons to use)

rabidhamster
August 19, 2005, 2:01 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcWhining... [is] a part of the whole world... check[.] history, revolutions are connected with (often justified) complaining from the supressed parts of society.

demonic's words of wisdom.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 2:45 am
If you kill someone, and he/she whines, that means you're doing your job whooping their ass.

Taz
August 19, 2005, 3:12 am
just shut the fudge up and keep playing. oh no someone's talking about something that happened, that should not bother you.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 4:04 am
I dont like a ruined reputation (Like I even have a rep), so i fix it by taking it to the private 1v1. It doesnt bother me at all, because I know for a fact im by far not a noob, it just clicks to me to challenge people insulting me to a 1v1.

Elephant_Hunter
August 19, 2005, 4:24 am
You are a noob at heart :P Extacide. It's when you stop hating the weapons and can work with a team that you become a pro.

TheRelinquished
August 19, 2005, 6:25 am
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoi
Here in Australia we still have n00bs whining about the barret, believe it or not.
THE BARRET! Bahah

Hehehe. You have a refreshing attitude about Barrets. ^_^

Mielos
August 19, 2005, 9:19 am
quote:If you kill someone, and he/she whines, that means you're doing your job whooping their ass.

S4R It only proves you're an egoistic (Please refrain from swearing) who only cares about his own fun, but can everyone else stick to the topic this topic wasn't meant to discuss the knife imo

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 3:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Ouchek whines more than anyone on soldat when we cw them -.-

I whine about lag , but never because of somebody's playstyle, or weapon.

August 21, 2005, 3:11 pm
S4R's post should be a famous quote. Then again, playing as a team is better than playing alone.

Outcast
August 21, 2005, 11:11 pm
ahahaha ouchek whining about people whining.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 1:22 am
Psh, just don't listen to them. I, for one, like to piss other players off because I think it's laughable that they need to cry over a videogame. Some of you might recognize me for my "clan" tag or mass taunt spamming >_>. I used to (Please refrain from swearing) about the Barret 2 days ago, I realized I'm not getting anywhere telling barreters that they are barretards, so I'm keeping my opinion to myself. So if they complain about which gun you're using, keep using that gun to mow everyone down with -_-.