( search forums )
campers reborn
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 7:11 pm
with 1.3 the camper has been reborn
many ppl think that the auto-blink on the autos are to hard to master and ar begining to us barret agin, and it is impossible to win an inf map as red with 6 camping blue ******* at the flag

wtf shal i do about it??

Raptor
August 18, 2005, 7:14 pm
OMG tell me where are those campers!!!

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 7:16 pm
Just take auto and kill them -_- auto waepons = anti barret

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 7:19 pm
A nade in a camping spot = dead camper before you're even in their gun's range.

Nothing to complain about. A barret guy getting shot = barret-bink, so if you shoot first, you're pretty much safe really.

_Mancer_
August 18, 2005, 7:27 pm
If you just try to run in like a fool then your going to lose... its not uncommon to change playing style immediatly in a match you know.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 7:31 pm
Matchplay is totally different than pub play anyway. But running in like a fool always causes death anyway.

GAMEOVER
August 18, 2005, 7:54 pm
read sig

Keron Cyst
August 18, 2005, 8:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by cHuT... But running in like a fool always causes death anyway.
Not if you spray a bit as you move along first...

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 8:14 pm
they should have the barrett like the sniper rifle in killzone, you can only see the cross hair if your sniping

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 9:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by cHuT... But running in like a fool always causes death anyway.
Not if you spray a bit as you move along first...

and then u get banned for sprayig lol

last camper party was at the public porlamerzzzzzzz server

Elephant_Hunter
August 18, 2005, 9:14 pm
Too true, I'm more of a camper than I ever was before. I even use barret once in a while. Maybe I should talk to my psychologist.

Quick tip for those power-lovers out there: If you hide behind health/grenade boxes on the enemy base, you're nearly invisible. Just wait out for the enemy flagger to appear, kill him and then snatch up both flags to do double the damage.

Oh, and another thing. Knife is the spawner's weapon of choice. I've had upwards 10 kills in a row spawning with it.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 9:32 pm
Heh, that reminds me. One day I went by the alternate route and when I popped up into the base, there was a blue with a barret zoomed out (he was spawnkilling my team). I walked up behind him, switched to knife and stabbed him. He literally went "wtf!". Not very spectacular or thrilling, but VERY satisfying. If blue camps, the reds have to charge in together and try to stay in the air. Its a lot easier for them to hit you when you're running along the ground.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 10:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterOh, and another thing. Knife is the spawner's weapon of choice. I've had upwards 10 kills in a row spawning with it.
The question is, why you were spawning with it?
It's not hard to kill a camper, spray 'em, knife 'em, kick 'em, and if that doesn't work, spawn 'em.

Oh, and don't forget to nag them to stop camping.

TheRelinquished
August 18, 2005, 10:24 pm
Well, there are several ways to get around campers, my friend. Many of which have already been listed. Using bink with auto weapons is a general first resort, and a good one when coupled with grenades, and shotguns. Spraying is a possible solution, but even more annoying than camping (I think).

The knife is a special case that really is reserved for the very dodgy Soldat. If you can goad them into firing prematurely, then a knife will make short work of a group of campers in close quarters. Your bare hands are also nothing to be scoffed at in this situation, because losing the knife can be a problem. If they're close enough, disarm them and make short work of them with an MP5 or somesuch.

The most important thing is that you don't attack uncoordinatedly and alone when dealing with multiple campers. Try planning a strike with your team, using combinations of weapons that kill quickly and cause bink. With this, and an always important implementation of nades, you should find that campers are no more than sitting ducks with n00b tubes.

~TheRelinquished

tRaQs
August 18, 2005, 10:30 pm
What I don't get is, lethalizing sniper rifles have such tremendous power behind them, so its bullet path should stay straight, even after going through a few people.

O=campers
I=us
-=bullet path
\=bullet drop

I--------O---O-OO--O-\\\
You'd clear out a bunch of dumb campers in one quick flick of the stick.

tRaQs
August 18, 2005, 10:30 pm
What I don't get is, lethalizing sniper rifles have such tremendous power behind them, so its bullet path should stay straight, even after going through a few people.

O=campers
I=us
-=bullet path
\=bullet drop

I--------O---O-OO--O-\\You'd clear out a bunch of dumb campers in one quick flick of the stick.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 10:59 pm
Only retarded people sit ing groups on flat ground in the open like that, though. And chances are that if they're retarded, they probably can't aim anyway.

As for sniping into an enemy base, I've done it before myself, in b2b. My target: the flagger sitting up on top of the big rock. It can cause some good confusion and force the flagger below, where he's vulnerable to conventional attack.

If you're red team in Laos, an effective way to camp is to crouch down (not prone!) behind the red-side crate in the lower path, with a ruger. You can keep attacks from below in check, and the spot allows for excellent support when your team's flagger is escaping down that way. Additionally, when your flag is captured, you're bound to make a quick return of it if you turn around and find them coming your way. They never see it coming.

As for killing campers, it's no big deal. They aren't any harder than other soldats; you just have to think for a moment. In most situations there's a way to go around them and get them from behind, or if you can get below them it's as simple as tossing a nade up there.

Elephant_Hunter
August 18, 2005, 11:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by Droid555quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterOh, and another thing. Knife is the spawner's weapon of choice. I've had upwards 10 kills in a row spawning with it.
It's not hard to kill a camper, spray 'em, knife 'em, kick 'em, and if that doesn't work, spawn 'em.

I was spawning because it's hard. Technically a newly spawned Soldat has an extreme advantage over myself because of the second or so protection they get immediately after a spawn. If they can't use that to their advantage (ie pull out that knife and gut me), then I'll kill them like I would anybody else. It's great practice.

Kicking a camper is extreme and uncalled for. That's below the belt dishonorable gameplay.

Edit: Spamming/nagging not only won't work, but it distrupts the game. Don't even go there.

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 11:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by TheRelinquishedSpraying is a possible solution, but even more annoying than camping (I think).

I rather go up against 2 minigun sprayers than a damn camper.

Anyway, I really don't think the bink dose anything. I'll use an Steyr (or even the minigun)on one from a distance, seeing them get hit...alot. And yet I still get easily sniped. I understand it probably shouldnt hinder them completely but jeez, only 95% of the time they miss.

EDIT: Hell, who am I kidding, Barrets ruin the freakin game, there's too many damned people who are "good" with this stupid thing. Not even campers are the problem, when they run around and such with it since the bink never works....FOR ME I get sniped when they're halfway dead...The only freakin thing I can do now is train with the barret and be apart of the population making the game more irritating than fun...Actually with the increase of annoyance I might as well join the crowd of spawners and sprayers... (but hacking is still a NO)

*grabs barret and begins training on camping and assault*

I have Chosen the Dark side of Noobdom :(

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 1:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Hunterquote:Originally posted by Droid555quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterOh, and another thing. Knife is the spawner's weapon of choice. I've had upwards 10 kills in a row spawning with it.

I was spawning because it's hard. Technically a newly spawned Soldat has an extreme advantage over myself because of the second or so protection they get immediately after a spawn. If they can't use that to their advantage (ie pull out that knife and gut me), then I'll kill them like I would anybody else. It's great practice.

Kicking a camper is extreme and uncalled for. That's below the belt dishonorable gameplay.

Edit: Spamming/nagging not only won't work, but it distrupts the game. Don't even go there.

I cant even come up with my list of reasons why Spawners AND campers should BOTH be kicked. Ive said it about 500 times, ill spare you guys my speech. ~_^

Below the belt dishonorable? How about killing people just as their screen warps back to their base just to be killed ONCE again. Thats WORSE then camping. You need to consider the advantages YOU have, the fact they wont expect to be killed the second they warp back into existance.

Elephant_Hunter
August 19, 2005, 1:48 am
quote:Originally posted by Extacide... You need to consider the advantages YOU have, the fact they wont expect to be killed the second they warp back into existance...

I'm sure after the 3rd or 4th time they will be prepared. I don't know about you, but I'm into the habit of always pulling out my knife on spawn. Once experience wears on you then you'll know.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 1:51 am
Ive had enough experience to deal with spawners - im usually the one to end the spawning spree. Spawning = sad. Ill only justify it as being ok is when a team makes a tactical group attack, grabs the flag, and spawns 1-2 people as they make their leave because they happened to spawn on them, same if its just 1 person. Any reason other then that dubs reason for them to be kicked for spawning.

Elephant_Hunter
August 19, 2005, 3:00 am
Well make your own server with your own rules and I'll be more than glad to follow them. Just don't come rollin down to a pub server and expect me to compliment your whining. Seems very childish to me.

Taz
August 19, 2005, 3:08 am
most of the time i camp it's just because i like playing lame.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 4:02 am
Youve seen me in action now, and now you probably know why I hate barrets and m79s so much, along with camping and surfing and spawning.

Elephant_Hunter
August 19, 2005, 4:22 am
Who? Me? You had barrets and m79 disabled in that game. m79 happens to be my weapon of choice...

GAMEOVER
August 19, 2005, 4:23 am
lol i played with you earlyer you are a m79 whore but to each there own i dont care as much as exta does lmao

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 5:19 am
i used to use sniper intill 1.3 came out with the huge amount of bullets missing bug

The Geologist
August 19, 2005, 6:00 am
Camping is part of the game. Dry your eyes and learn to deal.

TheRelinquished
August 19, 2005, 6:13 am
That's definately not a real bug, jebus. Sorry, but sounds like you're lagging. :-/

As for Spawn vs. Camp, I happen to think that spawning is by far worse than camping. For one, you don't really have a huge advantage in camping, and in fact, it's no more than an effective tactic that people find annoying because of it's efficiency. You get a better hit/kill and even kill/death ratio by doing so. I'm not advocating camping, because I get annoyed too, but my point is that there's no reason to ban someone just because you don't like the way they're kicking your arse.

Spawning is simply unfair in most cases. It's easy to lag someone with a knife while they're spawning, leaving them with no way to defend themselves, even if they also have a knife, or chainsaw, or another quick-kill weapon, let alone if they're using a weapon with a slow fire rate or an initial load time. What's really wrong is that it makes the game less fun for those being spawned, since they're not even allowed to play. It's different when you run through fresh spawners with a saw as you grab the flag, but actually attempting to assure that no one is able to get off a single shot is sad.

At least the difficulty of dealing with a camper is proportional to your skill compared to his/hers (Yes, I do believe that camping takes a measure of skill. You may not like that idea, but think about it: if it doesn't take skill, as you say, and you're getting your arse handed to you, then what kind of nub must you be, hmm?).

But on another note, I disagree about the idea posted earlier that a sniper bullet should pierce through about four Soldats. I think that two kills with a single shot is enough, and that beyond that damage should not be lethal (assuming it's not a point-blank domino-line-up headshot). Even if that isn't realistic, it's good enough for this game.

~TheRelinquished

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 12:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by TheRelinquishedThat's definately not a real bug, jebus. Sorry, but sounds like you're lagging. :-/

As for Spawn vs. Camp, I happen to think that spawning is by far worse than camping. For one, you don't really have a huge advantage in camping, and in fact, it's no more than an effective tactic that people find annoying because of it's efficiency. You get a better hit/kill and even kill/death ratio by doing so. I'm not advocating camping, because I get annoyed too, but my point is that there's no reason to ban someone just because you don't like the way they're kicking your arse.

Spawning is simply unfair in most cases. It's easy to lag someone with a knife while they're spawning, leaving them with no way to defend themselves, even if they also have a knife, or chainsaw, or another quick-kill weapon, let alone if they're using a weapon with a slow fire rate or an initial load time. What's really wrong is that it makes the game less fun for those being spawned, since they're not even allowed to play. It's different when you run through fresh spawners with a saw as you grab the flag, but actually attempting to assure that no one is able to get off a single shot is sad.

At least the difficulty of dealing with a camper is proportional to your skill compared to his/hers (Yes, I do believe that camping takes a measure of skill. You may not like that idea, but think about it: if it doesn't take skill, as you say, and you're getting your arse handed to you, then what kind of nub must you be, hmm?).

But on another note, I disagree about the idea posted earlier that a sniper bullet should pierce through about four Soldats. I think that two kills with a single shot is enough, and that beyond that damage should not be lethal (assuming it's not a point-blank domino-line-up headshot). Even if that isn't realistic, it's good enough for this game.

~TheRelinquished

Well, compare the difficulty of camping vs actually playing. I mean, the day i first started camping and seen the sniper rifle my mind just screamed "SWEET" And of course, in single player matches with a freind id camp XD. The only skill this takes is only half the aiming it requires to run around and shoot. The only factors that come into play for you to make a shot with an almost perfectly straight shot, is to time it right (Shoot below them, when they stop).

If you havent noticed, alot of campers make a habit of shooting you right as you grab the flag, because they know you're going run to that spot - thats kinda why people come to their base. Anyways, when doing THIS, its as easy as lining up your cursor onto the flag and firing when the flag is stolen...which requires absolutely no skill except the ability to click a mouse.

Ok, now thats the difficulty of camping. When actually PLAYING soldat, you're running and flying around, pretty fast probably too. So is everyone else, pretty much doubling the difficulty to hit soldats with any gun compared to a camper who is lying still.

And in some cases relinquished, like at ctf b2b, campers will pop a spot in a bush or somewhere, where they're perfectly hidden, and fire random barret rounds into the spawning areas of the base in an attempt to make free kills the second someone spawns. That, is by far the lowest thing you can do in soldat.

quote:Who? Me? You had barrets and m79 disabled in that game. m79 happens to be my weapon of choice...

Well, i just dont like dueling against them. When you came in, im sure you knew they would be disabled after hearing me whine so much on the forums - and my signature. You agreed to play without using them, and so did I.

Well, my weapon of choice is my deagles, however im proficient enough in other weapons to substitute for my precious des - like when my ego gets the better of me, and i offer a person i challenge to choose the gun i used. Most of the time, i still win. (I really dont take credit for those wins since they're just against players of less skill who happened to have insulted me) And if I insult you, feel free to challenge me to a 1v1. Call me a pussy if you dont like how i play in 1v1's. Ill usually just look at you as a pussy if you cant use another weapon that requires constant aiming and hitting.

Shivorken
August 19, 2005, 12:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_If you just try to run in like a fool then your going to lose... its not uncommon to change playing style immediatly in a match you know.

Absolutely disagree, this is one way in which campers will have the greatest percentage of missing, and an even greater percentage of missin you if you have an auto

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 1:10 pm
Ive found that charging a camper/barreteer mindlessly with an auto (In this example an HK) to really work...spray them like hell and make yourself an incoming nuke to them. Just that with deagles you cant really do this >.>;

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 3:05 pm
It's not guarunteed to bink them, unfortunately, and you might still get shot that way.

But, hey. There's no Soldat without the risk. heh heh

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 4:02 pm
I agree that there is much more barret campers in 1.3 .. I also agree I should not whine and find a way how to deal with every single camper (spawnkiller, cheater, ... ) I meet.
Nevertheless I think that finding a way how to get rid of people, who do not understand that playing online games is not only about having fun but also about letting other people have fun as well is.. uhm, better.

My personal opinion is ( and has been for many years.. ) that people below 18 years of age should not be allowed to play online games.. that would solve most of the problems modern mmorpg/fps games have..

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 4:26 pm
So because I'm 15 years old I'm not suppose to play online games...

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 5:04 pm
I guess Campers migrate from Counter-Strike onto other games :P

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 5:08 pm
Counter-Strike will always be the most extreme camper game. heh

Darkfist007
August 19, 2005, 5:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by nano.botwith 1.3 the camper has been reborn
many ppl think that the auto-blink on the autos are to hard to master and ar begining to us barret agin, and it is impossible to win an inf map as red with 6 camping blue ******* at the flag

wtf shal i do about it??

Heres an idea. Grow some balls, and go kill them. if they are in the same spot its not too har to hit them, and if you can also try going another route if there is one. Idiot.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 12:24 pm
Theres too many of them...just got out of u13, EVERYONE on bravo team (Yes, 6 people) were camping. You couldnt take 1 step before you fell dead. If you camped back, someone would still snipe you before you even found a camper. If you were going to kill a camper, another would kill you first out of no where...

Something really needs to be done about the increase in campers...its ruining the fun now...with 1 camper i can keep my sanity...but 6...thats just...Insane?

Karvinen
August 20, 2005, 2:31 pm
quote:Originally posted by nano.botit is impossible to win an inf map as red with 6 camping blue ******* at the flag

Blues are supposed to defend their flag. It's almost impossible to win INF map as a blue without everyone camping.

quote:wtf shal i do about it??
Stop whining and spray the campers with autos.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 3:24 pm
...Um, have you ever played on u13? Its a ctf server. Dont infer that it was inf, because I know for a fact that all of blue WILL camp, because its a map of defending, and sneaking in. But in a ctf...6 campers...