( search forums )
Jet/Health Amount Problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
R
August 18, 2005, 8:43 pm
I made my custom interface and put it together in soldat interface maker. I am registered so it should be working fine, here is a picture of what it looks like before the glitch:

[IMAGE]

The bars are all lined up correctly, but then when I either get hurt or use my jets, the health and jet amounts move out of the health and jet icons to the left, instead of just lowering the health or lowering the jet like they're supposed to, here is a pic of it:

[IMAGE]

I am wondering why this is happening and how to fix it so it will look normal and not go out of the outline, if anyone could help that would be great.

Keron Cyst
August 18, 2005, 8:57 pm
Wow, that's one of the plainest interfaces I've ever seen. I actually think it looks awesome, and it would especially more if you put shading for the colored bars.

As for your actual problem, I'm not sure why they fall left. Does it do that for the ammo bar too, if you shoot? Have you tried adding width pixels to the bars and setting transparent, blank space to the left of them? What happens when you do that?

R
August 18, 2005, 9:11 pm
Yes, it does it for the ammo bar too if I have an auto that actually has more than one bullet, but I dont quite get where you're saying to place the transparent square. I guess i could just add more pixels on the left, but I would prefer it stayed the same and just was able to fix the problem. It also does the same thing for the vest bar, here are the before and after pics from the interface maker:
Before:
[IMAGE]

After:
[IMAGE]

Keron Cyst
August 18, 2005, 9:51 pm
Oh, I think I have it now (thanks for those interface posts). Is the black line to the left of 'em all part of the bar outline or the bar itself?

EDIT From the looks of the vest did you even put an outline, or is that entire interface composed of nothing but bar graphic?

R
August 18, 2005, 10:09 pm
yes i put outlines for all of the things except the vest, since there's just the vest file and no other file to edit to make an outline for it, the grenades also have a black outline on them to give them that effect that they're surrounded by a bar. As for everything else they're made up of 2 files, the outline and the actual colored bar itself. The effect of making them all part of the same square i just did by making the bars the same size and putting them on each other.

Here's the pic of all the separate pieces, the top bar thats by itself is the armor bar I made, with grey fill:

[IMAGE]

N1nj@
August 19, 2005, 2:28 am
R: Send them to me on msn, or upload it here, so we can have a look at it..

rabidhamster
August 19, 2005, 3:22 am
i think there are lime pixels on the left side of the images, that's the logical answer. make sure there aren't any unneccessary (ugh, bad spelling) width pixels for the stat bars

R
August 19, 2005, 3:36 am
Thanks, deleting the bright green around the bars fixed the problem =)