( search forums )
Soldat: Militias Reborn {{ver 1.3}}
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your totally 1337 mods!
Rambo_6
August 19, 2005, 3:47 am
I figured this deserved a whole new topic sonce it has so many new additions.

Update info

Lots of new stuff:

-New team2 gosteks (terrorist-ish!)
-Updated sound effects
-Edited weapons.ini
-Bow now is a grenade launcher
-Updated Weapons-gfx (aligned fire-gfxes, updated some guns)
-New guns (Revolvers, Dragunov SVD, Morphine, Artillery turret)

How To's

Installing: Extract to C:/Soldat/Mods

Running the mod: Double Click the .bat file in C:/Soldat/Mods/MilitiasReborn. It should run soldat with the mod.

Using the weapons .ini file: Type '/loadwep militia' ingame, without the apostrophes.

Eye candy

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Get it!

Get Militias Reborn ver 1.3 from m00.u13.net!

Get Militias Reborn 1.3 alternate guns patch!

Extra Notes

- Please don't steal stuff without asking my permission, thanx.

- Note that the grenade launcher will not work until Soldat version 1.3.1 or later, because the slot it is in does not allow grenades to be fired for some weird reason.

- The morphine will only heal you. You can't use it on teammates. If you use it while running, chances are it will have no effect. Try standing still while using it. If you use it and your health bar dissappears, that means that you have a little extra health above normal,and you will be slightly harder to defeat.

- The FA-MAS is weird in that you can't throw grenades or change guns while holding it. You have to reload it, then perform these actions while it reloads. I can't explain this glitch.

- Thanks to aznblood, peemonkey, SPARTAN, and everyone who has given me help and criticism.

- Please feel free to post constructive critiscism.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 4:04 am
First of all, the shotgun reload will never change, and hurry up and upload it it - I want to see what's wrong with the FAMAS. I like the the Dragunov, but did you take away the startup time on the minigun, Overall, I'd give it an 8.5/10, which means I'm going to download and keep it, when you get it up. GJ.

EDIT: I have one more thing to say: about the interface guns, that's about the only thing I don't like - some of them don't look that great, honest to God, but they're still okay. Other than that little snippet, this is pretty damn good - especially the sounds (if they are similar/the same to the ones in the older version, and damnit, did you have to make another topic? xDDD)

EDIT 2: Oh, I can touch up for you easily, since you already have the colors.

Rambo_6
August 19, 2005, 4:13 am
The startup time for the minigun has been halved almost. Surprisingly, the minigun is slightly better with a slower ROF. It gives you a little more accuracy, and makes it a weapon worth using, which is why i made it weaker.

I'll set up a download.

EDIT: Having a hard time uploading it... Slight delay.
EDIT2: Thanks to m00, i have a download link ready for your clickzorz.

quote:Originally posted by aznbl00d

I have one more thing to say: about the interface guns, that's about the only thing I don't like - some of them don't look that great, honest to God, but they're still okay. Other than that little snippet, this is pretty damn good - especially the sounds (if they are similar/the same to the ones in the older version, and damnit, did you have to make another topic? xDDD)

I don't like the shading on most of the guns, but i can't do much better myself. I would like it if anybody here could do a better job.

The sounds have undergone a little fine-tuning, and i think they have been perfected to a point. The magnums have all new sfx, as do the shotgun and m60. I edited the background noises (dist-gun#.wav), as well as fixed some of the miscellanious sounds. The morphine has some basic sounds, but you barely hear them.

I made this topic since i think the upgrade to 1.3 has been pretty significant, plus, i'm a bit of a neat freak :P

m00`
August 20, 2005, 7:07 am
looks pretty nice :p

SPARTAN_III
August 20, 2005, 12:18 pm
shouldnt the FAMAS have a full handguard, instead of only a trigger guard?
the spas can only shoot shotgun shells, end of story. i see the logic of the nade launcher slot, though, individual loading.
me hatey silenced guns. can you make a version with 3 and socom unsilenced?
and the interface is too much like the default.

i can't explain the FAMAS glitch either, it's really odd. try putting the settings back to default steyr aug and see if it solves the problem. you can still have it as a famas, the G2 model has a 30 round mag. i'll twiddle my config and see what causes it.

now then...

you interface M2 needs a lot of work, drawing over the originals is just bad. what are the files 1a and 8a in the \guns file for?

on a side note, what is that bow and flamer, they look real good.

you should also change the MP5K to have only 15 rounds, or make it Neo-style dual MP5Ks.

this is going to be my default soldat.

karmazon
August 20, 2005, 1:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6
- Note that the grenade launcher will not work until Soldat version 1.3.1 or later, because the slot it is in does not allow grenades to be fired for some weird reason.

hahah wtf ? Are you serious ? Why bother then ?

Rambo_6
August 20, 2005, 3:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_III Shouldnt the FAMAS have a full handguard, instead of only a trigger guard?
the spas can only shoot shotgun shells, end of story. i see the logic of the nade launcher slot, though, individual loading.
me hatey silenced guns. can you make a version with 3 and socom unsilenced?
and the interface is too much like the default.

Actually, i think you're right about the hand-guard. I'll check some FAMAS photos on google or something. I'd like it if the spas could be more moddable so i can make the jackhammer actually an automatic. the spass lot is the only one where the grenade launcher will fit.

I made the 9mm pistol and AK silenced since they were too much like the default weapons. If you want i can make it an option for them to be unsilenced. The interface i wasn't really planning on changing, although it could use a tuning up.

quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIi can't explain the FAMAS glitch either, it's really odd. try putting the settings back to default steyr aug and see if it solves the problem. you can still have it as a famas, the G2 model has a 30 round mag. i'll twiddle my config and see what causes it.

Hrrm, i wanted the famas to have 25 shots so it would be less like the default. I have a hunch this is why it bugs up.

quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIINow then...

you interface M2 needs a lot of work, drawing over the originals is just bad. what are the files 1a and 8a in the \guns file for?

on a side note, what is that bow and flamer, they look real good.

you should also change the MP5K to have only 15 rounds, or make it Neo-style dual MP5Ks.

this is going to be my default soldat.

Oops! That drawn over stat-gun wasn't supposed to be in the release. :P

The extra files in the guns folder are for my personal reference.

The bow is supposed to be a grenade launcher (i forget which type, so i'll link to a pic of one.). I added my own personal touch to it.

The flamer is also my own personally touched up drawing, i can't tell you what make it is most likely because it doesn't exist.

If i could make the mp5 dual wield and fire like the deagles, that would rock. 'Till then, i think one gun would be good.

quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIThis is going to be my default Soldat.

This is why i bother to make these mods. :>

SPARTAN_III
August 20, 2005, 3:59 pm
[URL]

there you go, rambo

I'd also like it if you gave us the weapon-gfx for the Pistols in \Guns\1a.bmp. they looks nice, and i'm not a big fan of revolvers.

eagerly awaiting next update.

Rambo_6
August 20, 2005, 4:09 pm
The FAMAS F1 doesn't have a hand guard. ^ ^

So am i off the hook? :D

SPARTAN_III
August 20, 2005, 4:42 pm
oops...my bad. it would still look better, though, a FAMAS G2 with the F1 mag.

a lot of people dont realize that the 7 slot is actually full-auto, so just hold down the button, and your jackhammer will fire.

for the MP5k, you could either reduce the clip to 15 (make it a tad slower if you do this, and make the reload snappier) or do what Field Marshal BM did with his dual Uzis.

EDIT: Just noticed, no selfbink?

Rambo_6
August 20, 2005, 5:03 pm
I guess not. How do you make self-bink?

I've just finished making a small patch for alternate weapons. I'll add a link to it.

SPARTAN_III
August 20, 2005, 5:06 pm
how can you not know how to make selfbink? there was tons of it in the SUPERMAWD. on that topic, how did you make infinite ammo (bubble gun)

well, just for the record, use a negative value in the bink entry for selfbink.

Rambo_6
August 20, 2005, 5:16 pm
Oh, i knew that :P.

i guess i should have worded that better. I meant, should i be adding selfbink for certain guns? And to what degree?

And just look at the weapons.ini file for SUPERMAWD to find how i made infinite ammo for the force field and the bubble gun.

SPARTAN_III
August 20, 2005, 6:19 pm
i'm really sorry to say this, but your mp5k weapon gfx sucks. its way too black, give it some grey.

oh well, i can still pin you for the FAMAS, make a straight mag if its 25 rounds.

OMG THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Rambo, I HAVE FIXED YOUR FAMAS PROBLEM!!!

apparently it was your RELOAD TIME that was causing it, of all things. here's the fix:

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=84
FireInterval=8
Ammo=25
ReloadTime=115
Speed=260
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=3
MovementAcc=1

Rambo_6
August 20, 2005, 6:25 pm
A thousand thanks.

Expect an update soon.

SPARTAN_III
August 21, 2005, 4:39 am
you should lso make the SVD weaker and faster, as it IS a semi-auto.

EDIT: using the morphine makes a ton of blood fall off your guy.

here's a glitch with the morphine. equip it, make sure you have full health, and inject yourself with it twice, until your health bar completely disappears (you're not dead, you have more health than normal). now type /mercy with the morphine. it will not kill you in one hit, but it WILL do some serious damage. after that, the morphine will be totally [IMAGE]ed up, and it WILL NOT HEAL YOU if you use it again.

interesting.....

August 22, 2005, 2:00 am
Lol, u actually bothered to insert the censor icon?

Well, maybe after 'severe damage' your guy can't concentrate enough to tell the difference between morphine and cyanide, eh?

(Please refrain from swearing)

SPARTAN_III
August 22, 2005, 2:30 pm
it just wont do anything, not even harm you. you can do whatever you want, and the morphine will do absolutely nothing.

August 22, 2005, 4:18 pm
Hmmm, lemme think... why wont ur RGB-6 work?

Does it fire all its bullets at once? Increase the fire interval./

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 4:26 pm
The grenade launcher won't work 'cause weapon number 5 will only fire shotgun pellets.

EDIT: That'll work, except that Rambo wants the Jackhammer to be automatic.

August 22, 2005, 5:31 pm
what about switching 7 and 5?

SPARTAN_III
August 23, 2005, 4:43 pm
problem is the jackhammer (mk3a1) doesnt reload like the spas. its a clip, not individual shells.

instead, why not make 5 another shotgun, and turn 6 into an XM-25?

August 23, 2005, 5:16 pm
No, do this. Make the reload time of the spas low, set the reload sound as blank and voila! prob solved.

SPARTAN_III
August 23, 2005, 6:34 pm
yes but its overpowered. and its also because the intended spas replacement (RG-6) reloads like a spas, one bullet by one bullet.

Haro1121
August 24, 2005, 4:38 am
Nice mod but not haveing a working grenade launcher kinda sucks but other then that very nice mod

SPARTAN_III
August 25, 2005, 4:51 pm
shouldnt the jackhammer have a 10 round mag?

the minigun is actually a very good weapon now, i use it a lot.

Rambo_6
August 25, 2005, 5:07 pm
The jackhammer, i'm sure, doesn't have a 10-round mag.

And i am currently quite happy with the weapons as they are. I won't be doing any more switching since it gives me such a headache.

SPARTAN_III
August 25, 2005, 6:14 pm
the jackhammer does have a 10 round mag, check [URL] under shotguns/jackhammer.

Rambo_6
August 25, 2005, 7:07 pm
Well I'll be damned.

Time for yet another update. I think i'll just make a webpage for this mod.

August 26, 2005, 3:06 am
How about we help you? We'll edit the .ini files and post up corrections, that way it would be a bit like a community project.

SPARTAN_III
August 26, 2005, 3:49 am
yeah, id be glad to help. i've already got the mp5k mag and reload corrected, i'll post it up when i'm sure there are no famas-type glitches. :P

August 26, 2005, 3:53 am
I'll beta test the jackhammer
See which gun can do it... maybe the ruger.

EDIT: Ok, i think we may not be able to have to ruger. IF we turned the spas into a double barrelled shotgun, how would that sound?

Wait, it's possible to turn the spas into a ruger. Set the speed high enough and no one will know the difference, lolz.

SPARTAN_III
August 26, 2005, 6:55 am
remember that speed affects damage, and a too high speed will kill a person in 1 hit.

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 7:00 am
Not if you reduce the damage.

August 26, 2005, 7:48 am
Yeah, but when i upped it, i could kill 5 ppl in a row at that speed.

Teh Panda
August 27, 2005, 1:02 pm
Sorry, 1.2 was better :(

UGK
August 27, 2005, 4:59 pm
Awesome mod! Its way better halo mod, that steaming peice of crap

August 28, 2005, 3:49 am
Stop insulting other mods.

This is a help topic, post something useful.

Ok, i found if i toned down the dmg to really low and upped the speed, i managed to create a rugerish effect. I just divided the ruger dmg by eight.

SPARTAN_III
August 28, 2005, 2:43 pm
do remember though, that spas pellets do not lose strength over distance, so it could theoretically kill a guy from the other side of fortress.

and that halo mod was a bit crappy.

August 28, 2005, 3:07 pm
Doesnt mean you have the right to insult/deface it.

Well, i think the ruger could be something like 'weak bullet firer'' which means that the bullet splits. Maybe it's rusty?

damnnation
August 28, 2005, 3:34 pm
when i click the .BAT file, it pops up and closes again, nothin really hapens...

August 28, 2005, 4:15 pm
Check the directory. which directory did you install soldat in?

damnnation
August 28, 2005, 5:06 pm
soldat/mods, i did the same as it said on 1st page

August 28, 2005, 5:42 pm
..... I mean SOLDAT! soldat, as in the game. Like, D:/Soldat. The .bat file is for C:/Soldat. Also, make sure the file is in your root soldat directory. If it says D:/Soldat and you installed soldat in C:/, edit the file.

damnnation
August 28, 2005, 6:00 pm
XP2:/games/soldat1.3/mods
there i putted the MilitiasReborn file
if i click it, a screen opens and closes verry fast...

August 28, 2005, 6:28 pm
Listen carefully, right click on the bat file and click edit. Now change
C:/Soldat/Soldat.exe -mod MilitiasReborn
to

XP2:/Games/Soldat1.3/Soldat.exe -mod MilitiasReborn

After that, leave a line and type exit. Now save the file and copy the file to the root soldat directory (XP2:/games/soldat1.3/)

It should work.

System_Decay
August 29, 2005, 1:11 am
Weird my folders are default and the .bat doesn't work for me :S

Rambo_6
August 29, 2005, 1:36 am
Make sure you put the MilitiasReborn file in c:/soldat/mods. Also make sure you didn't rename anything.

If you have a different soldat directory (ie. B:/Cool Games/Soldat) then you have to edit the .bat file.

Tell us what happens when you click the .bat file.

August 29, 2005, 2:29 am
Yeah, thats what im saying. He just has to change the command line and voila! it works.

System_Decay
August 29, 2005, 4:16 am
As I said everything is as it should C:Soldat/Soldat.exe that's what I ment as deafault.

August 29, 2005, 4:42 am
yeah, ur right. or create a new one in your soldat directory

soldat.exe -mod MilitiasReborn

exit

You don't need to add the rest, you can leave it at that but it must be in your soldat directory.

SPARTAN_III
August 29, 2005, 4:48 pm
theres a topic in the modding general discussions (i think) called "soldat.exe -mod goatsiehorse?" its a sticky, and that will help with ur problems.

damnnation
August 29, 2005, 5:34 pm
its worrking now, thnx 117

Fire Fox
August 30, 2005, 5:15 am
I <3 the weapons this is similer to the mod that i made except i dont realease any of my mods! Cuz they are uber noobish!

August 30, 2005, 3:06 pm
Well, put the mod in general discussions and then we'll help, then u can re-release it. Yeah, maybe that could actually work...

np damnation

System_Decay
August 31, 2005, 4:57 am
I got soldat to open with .bat but it didnt change anything for me :S just defaulted soldat I read that sticky but it didn't quite solve it

August 31, 2005, 5:18 am
Lemme see, alright, the folder name cannot be Militias Reborn 1.3
It has to be 1 word, and can't have dots in it, do it will be MilitiasReborn13

K?

iN the .bat file, change it too, otherwise it wont work,

SPARTAN_III
August 31, 2005, 5:46 am
ok look, this isnt the help forum, can we get back on topic?

just for the record, in the mods folder there should be a folder called MilitiasReborn

change the bat file to DIRECTORY\Soldat.exe -mod MilitiasReborn

or if your sick of default like i am, just open the MilitiasReborn folder, and copy everything into the main soldat directory.

August 31, 2005, 6:20 am
Yeah, but remember to keep a copy of the default soldat, don't ask me why, but i didn't and live became very hard for me...

System_Decay
August 31, 2005, 10:22 pm
Guess it doesn't work thanks for advice anyways.

Rambo_6
September 1, 2005, 2:25 am
No more questioning the .bat files. Almost a full page has been wasted on this subject.

Back to mod discussion.

I am currently testing the new 10-shot clip for the shotgun. It works quite well. I am in the process of making a website in which to post this, so keep your eyes peeled for it. I'll post a link to it when i get it all set up.

SPARTAN_III
September 1, 2005, 4:22 am
*starts peeling eyes*

when it comes up, it's definitely gonna get a place in my bookmarks.
i'll fix up the MP5k clip for you if you want. and i could try and give ideas on a working grenade launcher.

ravenguard
September 10, 2005, 4:27 pm
looking good, but the FAMAS doesn't have a dash in it, if you want to be completely correct you would say F.A.M.A.S. but nobody does that anyways... FAMAS means Fusil d'Assaut de la Manufacture d'Armes de St-Etienne (Assault Rifle by St-Etienne Arms Factory)

SPARTAN_III
September 10, 2005, 6:44 pm
in some games i have seen FAMAS with a dash. and if it's the 25 round F1 model, it should have a straight magazine.

and thanks for bumping it.

September 11, 2005, 1:27 am
Ravenguard, we know.... I told spartan when we were in year 3.

Neways, i still can't wait for the FAMAS FELIN, with a laser scope.. .that pwns.

SPARTAN_III
September 12, 2005, 3:48 am
^good ol MGS1 eh?

you know what would be good, rambo? turn the spas into a sawed off shotgun, and make the barret into an XM-25. barret, because the XM-25 has a scope too (or did i read it wrong?)

September 12, 2005, 8:03 am
Or turn it into the AS-50, anti tank weap. :D

SPARTAN_III
September 12, 2005, 9:21 am
that's a sniper rifle, XM-25 is a grenade launcher. snipers are unnecessary, no lamezor barret needed. but it does need a grenade launcher.

September 12, 2005, 9:44 am
Barret isn't lamezor. But we could make a high speed m79.... w/scope. Lawl. I experimented with the ruger.. good choice it seems.

SPARTAN_III
September 12, 2005, 11:09 am
have you seen the amount of n00bs that use it just because its a one hit kill? barret sucks, that's why it doesn't exist on my servers. rambo, should you decide to make an XM-25, you should make it use cluster pieces, since they are 25mm grenades not 40mm grenades.

Rambo_6
September 12, 2005, 1:42 pm
I am really hoping to keep the setup as it is ;-<

I want 1.3.1 to come out with more moddability... So perhaps i should make some thread in suggestions regarding this.

I'd rather have a more unique lineup of guns in this mod...

SPARTAN_III
September 12, 2005, 3:40 pm
yeah, i hope a fix for the ini files will be released soon, because then i could make my colt SAA mod.

by the way, what's the new website going to be called?

Rambo_6
September 13, 2005, 2:51 am
I am just going to make a special area for it in llsc.us/sechs.

ravenguard
September 13, 2005, 7:21 pm
Lookin' good man. I know how you can fix your FAMAS problems also, i had the exact same problem with the G3A3 i modded over the AK-74, except it also had a problem causing the soldier to glide backwards across the ground when performing a backflip. All you really need to do is mess with the guns settings a little. Once i decided to change the G3A3 into a USAS, the problem went away, and my mod is now bug-free. Try completely changing the weapons settings, and then changeing them back. if that doesnt work, then try editing them slightly in different respects... you won't get EXACTLY the settings you originally wanted, but if your only 5 off, and the gun functions perfectly, then theres no complaints right? ;)

quote:Originally posted by Rambo_6 I am really hoping to keep the setup as it is ;-<

I want 1.3.1 to come out with more moddability... So perhaps i should make some thread in suggestions regarding this.

I'd rather have a more unique lineup of guns in this mod...
and i agree with you, stick to what you've got going on so far, just don't be scared to stray 1 weapon from your original idea. if you need any help with sfx i can give you a hand, but as you've seen, i'm not the best man for the gfx job :p

I'll definitely DL ur mod and try it tonight, i'll leave u some feedback and ideas if i get any later on ;)

EDIT: Gave the mod a try, great work. If you're going for originality you should try to change the guns a bit more though. Everythings good besides the fact that some weapons don't work the way you want them to, but u already know that. You could try changing the shotgun and the grenade launcher around, and see if you can edit them to work properly like that.

EDIT2: also, the m60 is considered a light machine gun, even the standard phrase "machine gun" normally refers to a very large weapon, like an m2. A heavy machine gun would be close to the definition of a cannon, kind of like a fighter jet's weapon.

quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIIin some games i have seen FAMAS with a dash. and if it's the 25 round F1 model, it should have a straight magazine.

and thanks for bumping it.
honestly, thats like the 4th time you mentioned the straight magazine! he gets it!

quote:Originally posted by 117Doesnt mean you have the right to insult/deface it.

Well, i think the ruger could be something like 'weak bullet firer'' which means that the bullet splits. Maybe it's rusty?
HA in ur face spartan :p

SPARTAN_III
September 16, 2005, 6:23 am
^^ you don't have the right to deface it in a different thread. if it's in your mod thread, then criticism is welcome. honestly, we dont have to like your mod.