( search forums )
Change Your Logo!
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Elephant_Hunter
August 19, 2005, 5:20 am
Always looking at ville's logo and going "OMGWTFBBQ"? Don't want to switch to a crappy 3rd-party browser like Opera and hack it yourself? Well, here's your temporary solution! Firefox extensions! Just plug it in and install. Your logo will changed to Anna's third-place wonder in no time.

[IMAGE]

Download "Anna's Logo" Firefox extension Now!

And for those of you with different tastes:

[IMAGE]

Download "Mancer's Logo" Firefox Extension

Installation: Click on the link. If you haven't already, add www.elephanthunter.us to your safe list (Firefox will display a bar at the top to let you do this) and reload the page. Click install.

Details: I realize this extension is not perfect. It waits until the page is fully loaded to activate the new logo. I'm working on it, but in the meantime I thought I'd give you this. If anybody wants to modify it, you can. It's officially under public domain.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 5:31 am
Can you do it for Mancer's logo, too?

EDIT:

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Elephant_Hunter
August 19, 2005, 5:33 am
I can't seem to find his filler, if somebody could post it to me I'd be more than happy.

The Geologist
August 19, 2005, 6:03 am
Thank you! This will be a huge help. How do I install it though? Maybe I'm just putting it in the wrong place...

Unlucky 13
August 19, 2005, 6:09 am
Open the Extentions window in tools and drag the link (or the file if you saved it to hard drive).
That should do it.

If I didn't like the logo, I'd probably use it, how'd you make it (Google, for once, gots me nothing...
Nothing I understand...)?

Elephant_Hunter
August 19, 2005, 6:27 am
Mancer's logo done. It actually looks quite nice :D

I made the logo because I'm a whiz at javascript and can quickly finding out things (praise google!). There's a helloworld extension you can use as an example here to get you started, although I wouldn't recommend it if you haven't programmed before.

The Geologist
August 19, 2005, 6:29 am
Unlucky: Already did that, and I see no change :(

Any help?

Elephant_Hunter
August 19, 2005, 6:31 am
Try saving it to your desktop and then opening it with Firefox.

To open it with Firefox go to File -> Open File in the menu.

Afterwards you will not need to keep the .xpi file.

The Geologist
August 19, 2005, 7:02 am
That didn't work either :(

Edit: It seems like it wants to work, because Villes logo disappears partially (as in the filler).

Elephant_Hunter
August 19, 2005, 7:17 am
wait... you're using soldatforums.com instead of www.soldatforums.com

blah, I totally forgot about that :( I'll quickfix

Vijchtidoodah
August 19, 2005, 9:47 am
Wow...firefox really doesn't like your site, Elephant. First it whined at me to allow sites to install software, then it told me to allow specifically your site, and then again, and then again...

So I decided to download the .xpi directly and firefox crashed on me.

Edit: Got it to work. I guess AOL is good for something...but I still plan on brutally murdering everyone who works there.

Ray.Dyo
August 19, 2005, 11:17 am
Thank you ! That's good.
My eyes are very happy ;)

Aquarius
August 19, 2005, 11:49 am
quote:Always looking at ville's logo and going "OMGWTFBBQ"? Don't want to switch to a crappy 3rd-party browser like Opera and hack it yourself?

If something is crappy here, it's your buggy rip-off of my Soldatforums logo solution for Opera :)

SPARTAN_III
August 19, 2005, 4:56 pm
could you do one of the old forum logo?

mine works perfectly, except that villes logo loads up before it's replaced by mancers. to fix this, i just used adblock to block ville's logo, so it just loads mancer's.

dammit, adblock buggered out on me. dont try the adblock thing or you wont have a logo.

elephant, shouldn't you get this up on the Mozilla Update website? and could you tweak it so it doesn't show ville's logo.

poor IE n00bs will have to live with ville's logo.

August 19, 2005, 5:42 pm
IT WORKS! IT WORKS!

Oh my sore eyes, cured by the amazing logo...sniffle...

But i agree, i want the old logo....

Famine
August 19, 2005, 5:42 pm
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Do this for me!

Vijchtidoodah
August 19, 2005, 9:03 pm
Elephant Hunter, there are a few firefox extensions that let you add javascript to any page you want. Why don't you just use that and write a tutorial for people explaining how they can put in any picture they want?

Elephant_Hunter
August 19, 2005, 11:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquariusquote:Always looking at ville's logo and going "OMGWTFBBQ"? Don't want to switch to a crappy 3rd-party browser like Opera and hack it yourself?

If something is crappy here, it's your buggy rip-off of my Soldatforums logo solution for Opera :)

Actually I made this extension just to spite you :P but it's just fun and games for me. I haven't used Opera enough to hate it quite yet.

Has anybody else experienced the problems that Vijchtidoodah did? If so I'll find a fix for it.

BTW I tried using this in combo with Adblocking Ville's Logo too, but adblock kept blocking the logo even though I had changed it. GRRR... I ran through that adblock code for hours but I still don't understand it. Those Mozilla punks must be using a mysterious workaround.

SPARTAN_III
August 20, 2005, 2:25 pm
if anybody has problems d/ling after allowing the site, go to [URL] and select "mancerlogo" or "annalogo" respectively. this should work.

someone please stickify this.