( search forums )
The most strange kill you do or see
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 7:07 pm
(this happen in soldat 1.2.1)
i was playing an infiltration match in the map outpost, and i was in the alpha team. i got to the palce were is the the m2 gun, i switch to the law and shot. when i did that a guy in the blue team shot has well and i say the missile towards me and it kill me, but so has my missile kill the other. later i say the same thing by a teammate that kill a blue guy with the law and he does the same thing and kill my teammate.
note that when this kills happen none of us seem ech other

Tell your moment!

Koon
August 20, 2005, 4:12 am
OK. from what i understood you and another guy shot LAWs at each other and you said "the missle towards me" and you hit each other. Then you said it again and a teamate killed someone.

Correct me if im wrong.

reckon
August 20, 2005, 4:17 am
The oddest kill that happened to me was a suicide by my own knife.
I threw it at an incoming bravo a tad above me, but just after a chunked it, a comrades nade went off sending me into my own knife.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 8:07 am
i was in a moded weapon match and the desert eagles were fireing law rockets rght u got that ok now for the actull thing.....i shot with the desert eagle to test out what they fire i saw that they shoot laws so i was pwning pplz with them then as i shot the other flag carrier some dimwit on my team starts to shoot the hk mp5 witch shot frag nades and he shot a few down at the ground witch there i was with my deserts then i fire again and he shoots a nade it goes off just as i fire and i "somehow" flew to where my law rocket ended up landing so basicly i pwned the opisite flag carrier and my self =/

karmazon
August 20, 2005, 8:13 am
I was like so totally just walking to the red base, and all of a sudden I died, and it said I got killed by admin, but no one was there under that name.

frogboy
August 20, 2005, 8:53 am
quote:Originally posted by karmazonI was like so totally just walking to the red base, and all of a sudden I died, and it said I got killed by admin, but no one was there under that name.
Yeah that happened to me too, maybe it's a bug

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 11:00 am
Oh...god i just remembered that the /kill feature was in 1.3. Almost cracked up there.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 12:34 pm
yes, its a thing about soldat 1.3, the admin got a command to kill anyone he wants.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 12:39 pm
I know that. I forgot this was about 1.2.1. Ahh i remember having mortar fights. Me and a freind would jump to opposite sides of a map and attempt to kill eachother by firing law shots and coordinating them correctly to see who could hit the other first.

Meandor
August 20, 2005, 12:56 pm
Happened twice to me when shooting m79 with a teammate getting in my way. It wasn't long range, so I was quite sure to hit. FF was turned off, so the shell hit my ally without killing him. Something invisible though killed the enemy. Looking at the kill log, it was my m79.
It looks like the hits that do no register do no eliminate the bullet from the game, just make them invisible :Q

Liber_Lupus
August 20, 2005, 2:48 pm
Yeah, I've had that with m79 too. Only that instead of the teammate there was an enemy. It was b2b, I was red and I was almost at the blue base when an enemy with a barret came up. I immediatly shot him, I hit him on my screen, but the bullet didn't register. The barreter killed me without thinking a sec. Another sec after my death I got a 'You killed Name', my killog showing that I killed someone with my m79 and someone yelling "NICE SHOT".

Melba
August 20, 2005, 4:11 pm
A few days ago a major (i think) threw a knife at me while i was jetting over him. He missed. I changed direction and moved backwards to where i came from. The knife is still in the air, and just as i had gotten past the knife's range, on its way down, it hit the major in the head :>
i laughed. I think i have a demo of it too, might make it an avi if i can be arsed.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 3:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonI was like so totally just walking to the red base, and all of a sudden I died, and it said I got killed by admin, but no one was there under that name.

Dude that happens when admin of that game or server types /kill (your name). Then you die.
I hate it in laggy games when im just running to other tams base (i mainly play CTF) and then i just drop dead cause of lag -.-

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 11:12 pm
hmmmm my weirdest kill was bye my own law i got hit by my own teammate and hit my law whata hek oh yeah ur kills weird too for some reasons it seems as if i saw that happen meh who cares.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 11:28 pm
quote:Originally posted by reckonThe oddest kill that happened to me was a suicide by my own knife.
I threw it at an incoming bravo a tad above me, but just after a chunked it, a comrades nade went off sending me into my own knife.

Funny...same thing happened to me but it was with my M79 XD

Hmm...

I also remember using my law as a Mortar once. I shot it up into the air, hoping it would hit an enemy red. Right after I fired it, I ran towards the enemy base and all of the sudden I just die at random and see "you killed yourself". I shot myself with my own damned law -_-

Bob_Just_Bob
August 26, 2005, 2:36 pm
I've actually thrown my knife UPWARD at an oppenent in a duel and it missed, I switched to my weapon and began to fire (forgetting about my knife xd) so an instant later I am dead and my own knife is in my body. :(

VodkaZombie
August 26, 2005, 4:19 pm
That happened to me a couple of times. Also when i throw a nade i instantly jump on it and selfkill.

Hoodlum
August 26, 2005, 4:41 pm
I was messing around barreting low on Run with a friend and so he shot at me and missed so I shot back fast and it wen't into the ground so he tried running away to reload then he collapsed and it said "You killed /HS/ - video".

I was like ahahaha.

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 7:33 pm
I'd be running around with the chainsaw, and if I get knocked into a wall or something, I would sometimes die and it would say I killed myself. I guess it was because the chainsaw was such a short range in 1.2.1 or something, and it could apparently hurt you.

wormdundee
August 26, 2005, 7:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ad12quote:Originally posted by karmazonI was like so totally just walking to the red base, and all of a sudden I died, and it said I got killed by admin, but no one was there under that name.

Dude that happens when admin of that game or server types /kill (your name). Then you die.

Yeh...karmazon knows man, it's his weird brand of humour.
I suppose if you knew karmazon you wouldn't assume he's an idiot.
I thought putting the word 'like' in there was a good clue though. No harm done though :)

Strange kills? Plenty of times been hit by something and started running away because it didn't kill me, and then just collapsed because it hadn't registered right away. Killed myself with my knife, invisible LAW's and nades, and so and so forth.

T-Money
September 1, 2005, 3:27 am
Other day on a CTF server (a damn good one too, but of course I forgot the name) I was rushing the blue base on ctf_run from the top. I came in high off a jump and jet boost, then proned and did the superman into the enemy base. While I was coming in, a blue threw his knife at me from the respawn point. It missed me by a hair and arced up into the air. I continued down in a steep descent andlaunched a M79 shot to kill the barret camper in the base, but he moved forward just before I launched. The shot killed him and rocketed me backwards, where I was nailed by the falling knife. I almost died laughing.

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 1:29 am
i think it was ctf_kampf and as always there were guys using the barret, and one guy shot me like point blank...and i was up in the air against the little hang down area in the middle of the map and he shot and killed me and i was hanging from the wall/roof area by my foot.

CrapBomba
September 2, 2005, 3:22 am
The strangest death I ever saw was when I was playing against about 50 zombies solo. The zombies were friends, but friendly fire was on, so the all turned there saws on at the same time while they were in the same spot trying to get to (Zombies are freakin 'tards) and they all killed each other at the same time. It was like someone used about 20 LAWs in one spot, but no firey explosions, BLOOD!

Metatag
September 15, 2005, 3:40 pm
It's funny when you get killed and hang off a wall or flip over a cliff.

<3 ragdoll

UGK
September 17, 2005, 5:34 pm
I was in the RS stoned server today and i had flag and the other alive meber had my flag and was camping at my base. SO i go to my base and then he misses barret. It was in Voland so he got out his socom, I went over the spikes (where you fall) and then he hit his trubos and went up. I shot with barret and hit him. Then i WOn the round.