( search forums )
The knife don't feel the same
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 7:47 pm
It feels like the knife seems to hardly ever kill or wound anbody anymore. 50% of the time the knife will hit them, I'll see blood, but the person doesnt even look slightly wounded. Whats up with this? Even more than 1.2.1! Am I suddenly lagging worse than ever or is this a bug or something.

Denacke
August 19, 2005, 7:56 pm
Hmm, I don't seem to be feeling any troubles. Seeing as 80% of the secondaries i'm killed from are knives :<.

On a sidenote, I think that the creation of this topic was rather useless.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 8:04 pm
No, he is right. Its not just the knives, its every weapon. But I do beleive there were several topics asking about hits not registering correctly. Something about the netcode and the lag that came with 1.3.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 8:05 pm
i haven't felt anything different with the knife.. maybe you played with a modded ini file..

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 8:06 pm
I've noticed it too. Knife seems to be affected by lag a lot more now.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 8:09 pm
Well i used to be uber good with socom, now I just cant get the crucial headshots I used to get.

Xanthophobia
August 19, 2005, 9:03 pm
I haven't noticed any differences with any weapons.. maybe there's just a bit more lag or something.

GAMEOVER
August 19, 2005, 9:06 pm
I knife A LOT and havent noticed anything really but I do have issues with nades not killing ill lob 4 grenades on someones head as I soar over em and they just get propeled this also happens sometimes with the m79 although I dont use it too much. :/

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 9:08 pm
Yeah it happens too often and then they kill you even though they should be dead.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 12:21 am
Im glad you arent getting as many kills with the knife, although it's almost exactly the same compared to last version. Knife users have had it too easy, for too long.

m00`
August 20, 2005, 12:27 am
i agree with vendetta, knife is officially the most used secondary and its pretty pathetic :(, i suggest a speed nerf for it and a damage increase to keep its 1 hit kill

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 12:28 am
Easy compared too what? the law?

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 12:30 am
Yeah your all right about the knife not killing others, i use the knife as secondary all the time and i usually waste it on people that dont die!
please MM see into this we're not goin to be able to pwn any n00bs without our trusty knifes and nades :/

Maxx
August 20, 2005, 12:35 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHi haven't felt anything different with the knife
quote:Originally posted by DenackeI think that the creation of this topic was rather useless.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 12:40 am
dont nerf the knife lol...if u dont like it learn to outsmart the player using it...get better...ect. (knife is my secondary weap. and i also have experianced knife problems and non 1 hit kill ect... :\)

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 12:58 am
quote:Originally posted by m00`i agree with vendetta, knife is officially the most used secondary and its pretty pathetic :(, i suggest a speed nerf for it and a damage increase to keep its 1 hit kill

What about some bink and a start up time? To throw the knife say half of what the law has to fire, it would be the soldat moving their arm back for the throw.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 1:14 am
You people enjoy nerfing things which are fine...and what Isnt cheap (like the weapon I call the Railgun)

Then MM will listen to your wishes to nerf the knife then we'll get 500 posts saying WTF YOU F'ed UP OUR NIFE!!11!11!!1111

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 1:14 am
nah leave it as it is, knife is perfect.
the other secondries should get a little ability like how the knife can be thrown for MAJOR PWNAGE, the suggestion about the chainsaw ricochaying slow bullets and grenades is a good one

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 1:41 am
vendetta, why not add a startuptime for every weapon then! "BUT THEIR FINGER HAS TO PUSH THE TRIGGER"

KiKAzz
August 20, 2005, 2:28 am
Only about half the knife the knives are dull for me. Maybe they nerfed the knife slightly...

m00`
August 20, 2005, 2:39 am
the knife was not nerfed have you read the weapon stat changes in the bloody soldat folder??/ read the weapons121 config file and the weapons config file, look at the difference! the knifes damage was increased if i remember correctly

F3nyx
August 20, 2005, 4:20 am
I have noticed absolutely nothing different about the knife... as long as I've got a good ping, the knife kills quite dependably, even on long-distance throws.

reckon
August 20, 2005, 4:22 am
Dont touch my knife.
I love it the way it is and Ive been doin damn good with it for sometime now.
Oh if you do mess with it, Ill cut you and Ill cut you good.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 4:23 am
Knife is more powerful now than before. If it hits, it almost always kills. Probably lag that causes them to take no damage.