( search forums )
Help changing the default .it music
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 4:21 am
Well the title says it all...
I have seen it done in afew mods such as the Mecha Mod.
If anyone could point out a good program for converting mp3/wavs into its that would be a great help to me, and I will give you a nice capitalized place in my credits for the help :D
Thanks in Advance :)

August 20, 2005, 2:05 pm
Too bad you cant, u need to be registered.

karmazon
August 20, 2005, 2:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117Too bad you cant, u need to be registered.

Whaaat ?
You just need a modplug as stated in soldat FAQ

SPARTAN_III
August 20, 2005, 2:17 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117Too bad you cant, u need to be registered.

no u dont, these are the built in music tracks (gore, bloody soul, necromancide). they are in .it format. e want a progrm that can convert .mp3 to .it. and i cant find one yet.

August 22, 2005, 11:48 am
But you can't replace an .it, if we could, i would be listening to all sorts of odd music in soldat.

SPARTAN_III
August 22, 2005, 6:36 pm
yes you can, you just need to save it under the name of a track. say you want to replace necromancide, you find a file, convert it to .it, and mane it necro.it. then kill the necro.it in the soldat folder, and replace it. voila, idiot.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 7:21 am
But is converting .wav/.mp3 to .it possible? I think not. .it files are Impulse Tracker Music Modules, and modules don't contain pure audio data like waves do - they are music files, they contain note score (similar to midi).

August 23, 2005, 7:40 am
Yeah, but no one here is going to deliberately give it to you, cos Michal would lose money on the 'Play MP3 in soldat' feature cos everyone could play their music in soldat.

karmazon
August 23, 2005, 11:15 am
quote:Originally posted by QuantifierBut is converting .wav/.mp3 to .it possible? I think not. .it files are Impulse Tracker Music Modules, and modules don't contain pure audio data like waves do - they are music files, they contain note score (similar to midi).

OMG DO YOU READ WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING ? DO YOU READ FAQ ?
GET A PROGRAM CALLED MODPLUGGGG
HERE I HAVE FOUND IT FOR YOU RETARD http://www.modplug.com/
SAVE YOUR MUSIC TO WAVE AND SAVE IT TO .IT

and for 117 you can just play winamp

frogboy
August 23, 2005, 12:43 pm
I'm pretty sure you can convert wave sound files to modules, except the filesize would be much smaller with just an mp3 with an mp3 player running in the background.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 8:42 am
Thanks Karmazon :)
Now I can go crazy in soldat muwahahahha