( search forums )
version 1.3 not well now
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 7:44 am
i am at my dads house and ive been playing the old version there is like a huge amount of ppl still playing on the old version and most of them dont now of the new version maybe something should block them form playing and force then to gett the new one

Chakra`
August 20, 2005, 8:06 am
Yeah. Those bad bad people.

August 20, 2005, 9:45 am
People have a choice. OH FOR GODS SAKE, IF YOU're SO DAMNED ANNOYED WITH THE NEW VERSION, JUST USE THE WEAPONS121.ini FILE!

And yeah, those are bad bad ppl.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 9:58 am
yeah i got the old version at my dads aswell. there are still a few official servers up for soldat 1.2.1, i reckon leave it, they find out eventualy

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 9:59 am
quote:Originally posted by jebushunteri am at my dads house and ive been playing the old version there is like a huge amount of ppl still playing on the old version and most of them dont now of the new version maybe something should block them form playing and force then to gett the new one

VERY TRUE....they dont know...and i personally think..the 1.2.1 lobby server should be shut down..and a message in stead of "lobby serer isnt responding w/e" that says somthing like .. "1.3 is now avalible..go to www.soldat.pl to download!"

Mr. Domino
August 20, 2005, 10:12 am
quote:Originally posted by 117People have a choice. OH FOR GODS SAKE, IF YOU're SO DAMNED ANNOYED WITH THE NEW VERSION, JUST USE THE WEAPONS121.ini FILE!

Oh, really? The weapons.ini is the source of that horrid backflip? Hooray! :/

m00`
August 20, 2005, 10:30 am
wtf, if you dont like the backflip dont use it moron

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 10:54 am
Its kind of hard not to use the backflip. Im sure everyone always presses the buttons to get around which trigger a backflip. Youd pretty much have to make a change in how you do things to avoid a backflip (Instead of flying backwards, turn around, fly forward then turn around)

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 12:11 pm
In the future, maybe we should create an announce to the old version players every time they launch Soldat.

"New version available! Update now?" "Yes" "Later"

What's your opinion?

b00stA
August 20, 2005, 2:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by SethamundoVERY TRUE....they dont know...and i personally think..the 1.2.1 lobby server should be shut down..and a message in stead of "lobby serer isnt responding w/e" that says somthing like .. "1.3 is now avalible..go to www.soldat.pl to download!"

No. Just no.
First of all, the 1.2.1 and 1.3 lobby server are the same server. Forcing people to play the new version is simply stupid.
Now, simply a message that says "A new version has been released. Click here to download." is all there needs to be.
Don't block the old versions.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 2:23 pm
Backflip is awesome, it's what makes 1.3 so fresh.

SPARTAN_III
August 20, 2005, 3:55 pm
backflip and flag throw owns.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 4:02 pm
some go baq to 1.2.1 and tell people bout 1.3....silly people

Messiah
August 20, 2005, 4:39 pm
(Please refrain from swearing), go whine in Bash Pit or somewhere else. 1.3 Kicks Ass!

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 8:11 pm
well there needs to be a message so that we keep those player playing if we update alot of ppl are going to the new version well but there will be players that dont know about the update will keep playing the old version till hardly any ppl are playing on the old version and because there is no one to play agaist and there will quite

i srry it dose not make sence i just dont know how to put it into words

The Geologist
August 21, 2005, 12:05 am
Then try harder in your middle school English classes.

Edit: Quit is spelled q-u-i-t. Quite, as in you are quite adept at not using puncuation of any kind, is spelled q-u-i-t-e. Learn the difference.

Edit 2: A little message is more than enough to let people know.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 12:22 am
CRY that hurt