( search forums )
Why?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
ráz0r
August 20, 2005, 12:16 pm
Not a whine thread or anything, just looking for an explanation.

When bullets hit and dont register, like an m79 shot. The enemy is lower and is moving quickly and when my bullet "connects" it either boosts him or just plain doesn't make any effect at all. Now "netcode" is thought of as the problem right. But if so that could only effect the lag for like 0.?? seconds. Therefore the player should still recieve damage, however he does not. Im thinking its more of an ingame problem than lag mostly. Like when you shoot someone with a barret and it hits there head, you see the blood. But no kill. Or the same thing with knife, blood but no kill. Enlighten me! Im sure it happens with lots of weapons but with 1 hit kills its alot more important.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 12:22 pm
It happens to me too, its a bug in 1.3 I beleive. I made 9 shots in a row with deagles and no hit even registered. Its a problem for ALL weapons.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 20, 2005, 3:55 pm
I dont know about the first part, but I would blame it on lag...Now the knife thing you are talking about is normal. There is a range for the knife where it is an instant kill, and I think that range is shorter now in 1.3.

ráz0r
August 20, 2005, 4:08 pm
I mean shots with knife that should be 1 hit kill but dont do any damage.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 8:14 pm
i stop using sniper because of it hmmmm...maybe ay just maybe the makers of 1.3 made it to get all the sniper out of the game lol jk i think

DT
August 20, 2005, 8:47 pm
Its called lag...
damn you bill gates... why did you invent it!

paramud
August 20, 2005, 8:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by DTIts called lag...
damn you bill gates... why did you invent it!

Funny, thats what i always say when my stepdad's wireless internet decides to eat the bandwidth like a bloodthirsty warlord.

that fuking sniper
August 21, 2005, 2:23 am
I get this alot. If an M79 shot connects with someone in mid-air, it sometimes just pushes them away. If the server recieved the package showing that a hit was made and got the player's body boosted, why isn't the damage showing?

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 2:56 am
Probably because client effects aren't controlled by the server. You "saw" the bullet hit, and you saw the blood fall, but the server didn't see either. The same applies to the M79 boost. You saw it hit, and you see the boost, but the server probably sees him elsewhere.

that fuking sniper
August 21, 2005, 3:45 am
Aye but when he's boosted he doesn't get back to a position (Warps) that the server sees he should be in, but stays where the boost put him, leading me to think that the server does, in fact, recognize the push.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 3:51 am
Just lag. And to prove it, this never happens with bots.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 10:52 am
I really don't think it is caused by lag, I bet something is wrong with packet coding..

Anyway, unregistered kills and weapons doing no damage are not the only problems. Today in the morning, I played on the #tba public server.
The first map was ctf_b2b. I died about 3 times because my knife hit but did no damage ( unless those guys like matrix a lot and were able to dodge half of mp5 clip which followed the knife.. ) and got 1 unregistered kill with m79, which I grabbed to hunt down efc. I also capped once.. for no pts. My team got one point but I didn't get my 20!!1! .. well, actually I did, about 4 minutes after I had capped :p
The second map was Maya2. We won 10:2, 4 of those 10 caps were mine.. I didn't get any points, so my k:d was 15:8 in the end :p

My ping was around 33 all the time so I don't think I was laggy. This happens to me a lot in 1.3 and not just on #tba server -///

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 1:07 pm
Wow...I just have problems with hits registering - never with points, although sometimes they'll delay a few seconds for me.

ráz0r
August 21, 2005, 1:20 pm
Sometimes I get 25 points for caps, sometimes I get 20. Sometimes I dont get points for kills, most of the time I do. Its kinda random.

Anyone see killogs where someone dies to no weapon, not even fist. Its just blank. those are weird.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 3:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by ráz0rAnyone see killogs where someone dies to no weapon, not even fist. Its just blank. those are weird.

I've seen a few -)

karmazon
August 21, 2005, 3:28 pm
Damn with me it's a huge problem, something like 50% of shots are not registering(m79).

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 3:29 pm
Yeah ive seen those. Somethings seriously wrong. >.>;

AerialAssault
August 21, 2005, 3:50 pm
anyone else a bit frustrated that the severs no longer auto-sort by ping? that caused me to play on nothing but laggy servers for the first week 1.3 was released.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 4:41 pm
Hit-not-registering bug isn't because of the lag. I was training against bots to get good with every weapon, and the part using Barret really pissed me off. Somewhat every tenth shot didn't register. And it's not because of anything else. A bot was running straight towards me (it was wearing only knife), I took a good aim at it, made a clean shot right through it's chest, but nothing happens. It didn't even get bloody.

And this wasn't rare, I've tried it couple of times and it happens quite often actually.

bond_james_bond
August 21, 2005, 5:20 pm
I have to say, it is 75% lag

LazehBoi
August 21, 2005, 6:26 pm
quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultanyone else a bit frustrated that the severs no longer auto-sort by ping? that caused me to play on nothing but laggy servers for the first week 1.3 was released.

You can click the "Ping" tab and it sorts them, you know.

Anyway, I haven't really had any problems with the lag. I can't really fathom why people are complaining about it.

SuperKill
August 21, 2005, 6:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by LazehBoi
You can click the "Ping" tab and it sorts them, you know.

yeah, but it was cooler when it did it by itself.