( search forums )
My little experiment...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 4:53 pm
The Question: What is the reaction of players when I spray wildly into the tunnels of Equinox with, an automatic, the m79, the barret and the single fire weapons.

Equpiment: Desert Eagles, mp5, ak-74, Steyr, Spas, Ruger, Barret, Minimi, Minigun, Socom, the map Equinox, some "test dummies"

My hypothesis: If I spray into the tunnels with any of these weapons, Then everyone will hate me...(well actually I believe the automatics will get the most negative attention)

The Experiment!: To save my self some typing, I shall shorten this...

First I sprayed into the tunnels With all the automatics. While doing this...I did net myself some kills. However, I was always yelled at and cussed at for spraying the tunnels, especially when I killed them. Or most would just say "sprayer". But I got the most bashing when I used the minigun. Vulgar shouts such as "stop spraying the f**king minigun you noob" or "mini wh*re" was said to me.

Then I used the single fire weapons (D.E., Ruger, Socom). I clicked like a madman with these guns in the Equinox tunnel, getting more kills than when I used the automatics. The ruger was actually the best for the random tunnel shooting, regardless of the longer reload time.
Since these guns do more damage per fire, they killed faster when firing into space...Oddly enough, Nobody whined?? It was odd...if I was killed by random shots I would be a little miffed but, NOTHING? It was interesting, I can get away with "spraying" into the tunnels with the single fire guns AND get more kills than usual! (except for the socom, didn't work too well)

Finally, I used the two single fire one hit kill weapons. Needless to say, I barely killed anything shooting m79 shells into the tunnels due to its lack of speed. But, the barret practically owned the tunnels. It was pretty easy to prone myself in the tunnel and shoot into the enemies side of the tunnels. However, doing this did annoy the enemy a bit. I heard cries of "camper!" or "flush our all the damned noob campers" and such. The whining of campers was either the same as the amount of the complaining of sprayers or less.

The Conclusion: Well, I was right, the automatics did get more of a bashing for randomly firing into the tunnels, especially the minigun. I didn't get alot of kills with the minigun though. Only when they idiotically pushed themself INTO the bullets trying to get past. So...basically if you wanna shoot wildly into tunnels without hearing people yell at you, Use a ruger or the desert eagles. And MAYBE the barret, you could get away with that.

Thank you for reading though my little experiment ;)

rabidhamster
August 20, 2005, 4:57 pm
interesting... thank you for that insight mr. angry.

i mean it, somebody has to figure these things out.

candiru
August 20, 2005, 5:46 pm
HAHAHAHa nice sig.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 5:53 pm
(even though that off topic...)

Yeah I know it is :D

_Mancer_
August 20, 2005, 6:19 pm
Proof of why equinox is a terrible map.

reckon
August 20, 2005, 6:19 pm
I for one, dont take kindly to tunneling rugers or barrets, but theres really not a way to beat em unless you play their game; or go an alternate route to pwn em from behind.
I got an expierement for you Senor Angry.
Its called us pwning people.
LETS DO IT!

Darkfist007
August 20, 2005, 8:08 pm
Whats even funnyer in the tunnels, is to have skill and watch bolth sides of the tunnels and kill anyone that come from either way, on the oposing side. That for some reason gets the same ammount of whining as opposed to doing it on your side, when you would think you would get (Please refrain from swearing)ed at more. With autoers in the tunnels it gets annoying when they are on your team. I dont know how many times my team has lost the flag due to some autoer messing up my shot on the efc, but thats a bit off topic.