( search forums )
Modeling
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 5:55 pm
And I dont mean the kind where you walk down the runway with a dead cat around your shoulders, but assembling and painting plastic scale models. Does anyone share this interest? I've always been interested in models but I only got into it around last christmas. I pretty much am only getting WW2 era models, because thats my biggest interest but does anyone else do any kind of modeling?

Some of the kits I have:

[Fallschirmjager]
[German pak 36]
[Tiger 1] (Painted mine like this one too)

And a few others, including a ju87-g1 stuka, a german motercycle with side car, a russian tank destroyer and several people kits.

EDIT: Also, if anyone doe model, do you know where I can get some flesh tone paint?

EDIT EDIT: Come on, no one here constructs models?

peemonkey
August 20, 2005, 11:44 pm
dweeb :P

Zero72
August 21, 2005, 3:05 am
Wow.

I'm not much of a modeller myself, besides Legos. =P

Michal
August 21, 2005, 3:08 am
In 1998 when I lived in Poland I made a model of an AH-64 Apache helicopter. It was mediocre at best.

karmazon
August 21, 2005, 9:41 pm
dweeb

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 10:12 pm
LEGOS!!!!!!! i thought i was the only one playin soldat that uses legos :)

lastpatriot
August 21, 2005, 10:20 pm
I once modeled a battleship. After that, I... lost interest.

I have a relative who re-built a car from scratch, though(using instructions).

Meandor
August 22, 2005, 2:03 am
Yeah, I used to, spaceship models are hawt :Q (there aren't many good ones though, usually the ones off anime series aren't bad)
Citadel (the one that makes all that warhammer stuff) makes good acrylic paints. And there must be like 4 different skintones. Just find a citadel shop or one that sells warhammer stuff, I'm sure they have it.

August 22, 2005, 2:38 am
Lego = fun(ish)

I dunno about modelling, i dont usually paint stuff.

I have like tons of tiny lego mecha lying around, meh

peemonkey
August 22, 2005, 4:55 am
lego owns. i had like, piles of that (Please refrain from swearing). though i played nazi with em....lol, had them marching in formation and little wars and whatnot....

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 11:16 pm
Thanks everyone who posted a usefull comment :p (which is pretty much everyone but peemonkey and karmazon) Where I live there are like no hobby shops, so if I need somthing like flesh tone i'll probably need to get it online.

quote:http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=11984

Thats just plain cool :p I'm a lego geek too, although nowadays they have nothing but $50 harry potter kits :(

peemonkey
August 22, 2005, 11:23 pm
mine was useful :( legos stopped being cool in 1995. they just suck now.

i dont like modeling, but 3d modeling is quite entertaining as well ;)

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 11:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkeymine was useful :( legos stopped being cool in 1995. they just suck now.

i dont like modeling, but 3d modeling is quite entertaining as well ;)

I ment your first one where you called me a dweeb :p

August 24, 2005, 3:02 am
Wait, i remember! i had this model of four soldiers, but i never got to fully paint them. I used them in gravity tests, like bungie jumping n stuff.

Just poke around brickshelf and you'll find somemore stuff