( search forums )
Inf_Grass
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 10:38 pm
Hi everyone!
I hope you liked my last map, Dm_Stalker. I'm making another map. Its far from finished, waypoints and sceneries are missing, but I've finished the main layout. So without further ado, I unveil the overview of Inf_Grass! (Actually its full name is "The grass is greener...")

(The circles are spawnpoints, the squares are flags, and the rest are turrets.)
[IMAGE]
And some in-game screenshots so you get the scale:
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Please give me some comments so I can make it better when I release it... :)

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 10:40 pm
its too open and there is no scenery..

Interruptman
August 20, 2005, 11:32 pm
No scenery and it looks very boring. Mapye you have to pimp up it a bit ;)

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 12:34 am
Yea, I haven't added any scenery yet. I'm getting on to that now :)
EDIT: I wish you guys would say "Gee, that looks great" at least once. Just once ;)

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 12:50 am
jee its um well greeaat...........

The Geologist
August 21, 2005, 1:16 am
Your spam isn't needed tay g0. If you can't post something worthwhile in a mapping topic don't post at all. Maybe I'll go spam your map with useless comments.

Bulbock, you'll get better comments once you release a completly finished map. As of yet things need a lot of work, like shading, sceneries, and the issue of leaving the map so large and open. Too much space and the action of the game suffers. I'd suggest tightening things up considerably in terms of poly placement.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 1:40 am
Thanks Geologist, I'll get right on it... ;)

Keron Cyst
August 21, 2005, 6:44 am
Polygons are too plain & flat. Make it hillier, like the top of ctf_Kampf for example :-)

sande24
August 21, 2005, 8:47 am
lol i can read all the polygons from the overwiev... not even over 50 polygons... a very VERY small map should have at least 100 polygons... otherwise it would be too boring and edgey:P

rabidhamster
August 21, 2005, 9:13 am
chill guys, bulbock just wants to make a fun map, cut him some slack (not you geologist).

try changing the background colors, they're too plain. how about:
top- 128,80,80
bottom- 160,128,192

all values are rgb.

dr dragon
August 21, 2005, 12:43 pm
Well, if some people actually read what he said, he said the map is not finished, and only has the main layout done. A few changes of polys, and then comes scenery and waypointing.

DeMonIc
August 22, 2005, 10:38 pm
Use. More. Polygons.

Also blue will always loose, since red can take the flag immediately after they spawn, blue will only get points at every summer equinox :P

Try harder. Please.

Keron Cyst
August 22, 2005, 11:43 pm
@dr dragon: the way he put the polygons show that the flatness is more or less what it'll be like in the end product unless he heeds advice now. If I put up a map preview with smooth terrain it'd probably be part of a round boulder made of many polygons.

if you feel none of the other criticism was constructive, then all I can tell you Officer_Bulbock is just to compare your map with official ones...

Raptor
August 24, 2005, 2:00 am
Change the bgcolors, they don't fit. Good map though!

GAMEOVER
August 24, 2005, 10:50 am
that looks pretty good