( search forums )
Does lag affect some weapons more than others?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 3:44 am
Hey again, I was wondering if anyone else noticed some weapons being effected more by lag than others? It seems to me that when ever im in a server with even a tiny bit of lag, the desert eagles take alot more hits than they should (example 5 direct hits medium-far range, I verifed that all hits connected on other players screen as well). I then switch to a ruger and everything seems fine, like there is no lag at all.

I remember in the last version that the M79 was useless in any kind of lag, it would hit and not kill almost every shot for me. So is it my imagination or is this true? And anyone have some helpfull tips for reducing lag ;P

Thanks, peace.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 3:48 am
I never noticed that. Probably since the deagles shoot more rapidly and have more bullets more bullets are registering than the ruger. I think that because it's better to use autos other than the m79 when you're lagging because of more rapid bullets that have a better chance of registering than one projectile.
Tips to reduce lag: Shut down all programs that you don't use while playing, or get a better connection... other than that there's not much you can do.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 3:49 am
shoot faster

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 3:51 am
I just shut off my anti-virus firewall thing thinking it was the problem... I joined a small match and my ping was at four-(Please refrain from swearing)ing-hundred which has never happend to me. I think it's about time to do a full system scan :(

August 21, 2005, 1:33 pm
Take michals advice: Run torrent, emule, messenger, limewire and kazaa. Play soldat and you'll be a master barret dodger lolz.