( search forums )
ONG BAK
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
karmazon
August 21, 2005, 6:26 am
[IMAGE]

Zomg, best martial arts movie since Police Story. No CGI, no wires were used during this movie, and that is what I love. Tony Jaa is so damn great, he makes double frontflips look easy. When you watch this movie, you really can't believe it's not computer graphics, when he runs on people shoulders in order to escape or does aerial through a narrow space between windows.

The fighting is also very good and unorthodox(the style which Tony uses is Muay Boran the predecessor of Muay Thai). Looks like something you could actually use in a real fight, unlike other MA movies.

GO WATCH IT NOW (Please refrain from swearing)ES.

http://www.foxhome.com/ongbak

The Geologist
August 21, 2005, 8:30 am
Pfft..I saw that movie months before it was released on American shores. It's alright -_-

I love how that guy takes people out with blows to the head. He's very efficient. Not to mention very monkey like.

karmazon
August 21, 2005, 8:43 am
He breaks spines by hitting guys with his elbow on top of their heads. Man I love that style of fighting, and when he does that aerial between the windows, damn, that's the hardest thing in the world, seriously no one is able to do it except him.

Or when he runs on top of people's shoulders.

_Mancer_
August 21, 2005, 8:57 am
I would take this movie seriously if the name wasnt so f-cking retarded.

reckon
August 21, 2005, 9:00 am
Wait, theres people that havent actually seen the movie?
Wow, what unprivledged lives you all have.
This is a damn good movie, Ong Bak is the name of the native villages Buddha statue which gets vandalized.

karmazon
August 21, 2005, 9:05 am
This movie isn't as popular as it should be, so I'm spreading the love.

lastpatriot
August 21, 2005, 12:58 pm
I can't find it in the video shop :(

Melba
August 21, 2005, 1:38 pm
Have you seen "new police story" karmazon?
I've never seen any of the other police story movies, but that movie was kickass.
+ it was funny cause it involved underground gamer-nerds.

karmazon
August 21, 2005, 1:43 pm
yeah I wanna see that, haven't seen it yet, but Jackie Chan is too old now for MA movies

August 21, 2005, 3:19 pm
Ah lolz. Hmmm, what other movies are good... initial D was nice for a while, but the driving part is too goddamned short...

Ong Bak? gotta check that out. What about casshern?

b00stA
August 21, 2005, 4:25 pm
Great movie indeed.

117, Casshern sucked. Similiar to any other movies that were completely filmed in front of blue/green screens like Immortel ad vitam, Sin City (not too bad) and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 9:04 pm
New Police Story rocks!!!! One of my favorite Jackie Chan movies. Unfortunately, there are some cheesy bits which kinda ruin the "mood?", but there's no slapstick. And when the bad guys start yelling and screaming, it sounds very forced(especially the girl, she nearly ruined the movie). But apart from that, its all good.

karmazon
December 15, 2005, 12:08 am
Ok i just watched his new movie tom yum goong, and it's crazy, the story sucked ass really, really, really, really, really, really bad but the fighting is great, and he fights in a totally new and different style. I recommend checking it out here's a clip from the movie

http://www.muchosucko.com/video-tomyumgoongii.html

here's official website, check out the trailers

http://www.tomyumgoongmovie.com/

Deleted User
December 15, 2005, 8:04 am
Ong Bak is foooking beaaautiful. Aerial through window things, gainer to front summie to front summie off three consecutive ledges...:o

Edit: Got my info wrong :( saw the movie months ago

?
December 15, 2005, 3:05 pm
*crack* NARGH THAT CLIP BROKE MY ARM!!

b00stA
December 15, 2005, 4:33 pm
Ong Bak was great, yeah, but the clip karmazon posted is just full of him breaking bones and the same annoying noise it makes :(