( search forums )
Kick & Ban from console - Rambo Stuff
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Thorn
August 21, 2005, 2:57 pm
Hi everybody,
Since a few days I've noticed a problem with my soldat server. When I want to ban someone from the remote console, the player is simply kicked instead of being banned. So most of the "kicked-players" can rejoin instantaneously... if I want to ban players I'm forced to use the firewall of my system which is borring. (I'm using soldatserver 2.2.9 under BSD)

Another important thing I would like to say to michal. It's about the rambo match mode. Please think about adding an option in the config file that could enable a counter in the game, so players which are disturbing others (like killing non rambo player when the bow is hold by someone) will just be banned when the counter reached a specified number. (the counter will be inc each time a player kill another player who is not rambo)
Another nice thing could be to setup the time periode for banning. (It seems that it's always the same players who are cheating... I mean most of the time). People are more and more having static ip address, so I think this could be a good new stuff for the server.

Denacke
August 21, 2005, 3:33 pm
I am not having any problems with the banning system.

Here are somethings I can come up with that could be the problem:

Ensure that you use /ban <name|number> when you have the player or number.
Ensure that you use the /banip <ip> when you have the IP-adress.
Ensure that you have the right permission settings on banned.txt

Hope it helps,

Cake.

Thorn
August 21, 2005, 4:33 pm
alright, it was a problem of permission.

However I hope Michal will read my advices for the server ;)

thx for all.

Denacke
August 21, 2005, 4:43 pm
I would also like to point out that you are still running a 1.2.1 server (server version 2.2.9).

I'd recommend updating it to the 1.3 version (server version 2.3.5) found here: http://www.soldat.pl/down-s.html

Concerning the suggestions, It would probably be best that you make a nice looking post in the suggestions forum ( http://soldatforums.com/forum.asp?forum_id=40 ) as that is where they belong.

Have fun with your server :)

Cake.