( search forums )
INF Beach raid
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 7:46 pm
Download:http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=view&file=QmVhY2ggUkFJRC4uLi4uLnJhcg==

screen:http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beach0st.png

not waypointed blah blah blah (sorry im very sleepy)

neet beach map its infilitration by the way :)

sande24
August 21, 2005, 7:49 pm
not beautiful... MAKE BETTER MAPS...

Raptor
August 21, 2005, 7:52 pm
Looks like inf_Invasion, and the top is very dark.

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 7:54 pm
yea i was getting sleepy why i made it so i took shortcut and use hte darken polyguns tool at top and shove off sande i dont see u makin maps.....

sande24
August 21, 2005, 8:21 pm
there is a topic with my name lol
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=26825

The Geologist
August 21, 2005, 8:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by tay g0jee its um well greeaat...........

Deleted User
August 21, 2005, 10:05 pm
OK I GET IT GEOLIGIST lol sorry sande im just a lil grumpy :)

The Geologist
August 21, 2005, 10:21 pm
Good..now on a more serious note, here's something constructive.

Beginning with the water, I've found that a couple layers of light blue/green and grey make a much more natural feeling water color. Just something to think about.

This does look very similar to invasion, which means there may be an m79 boosting problem. Maybe a stat gun up top or a higher wall?

I like the interior of the base and that lighting. Seems a little easy to get in though, maybe that's just my impression though.

Other than that it looks nice. Keep showing improvement, and learn to waypoint! Heh heh..it can be tedious but it makes teh maps sexxah.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 10:50 pm
uhhh.....yeh i bet its cool but it wont work!
could someone tell me how to install it?
theres no read me and when i play it it says could not find senery water.....
WHAT THE CRAP???????
so please help.
i really like D-Day and i bet this will be awsome!!

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 23, 2005, 2:44 am
I like the map, but there have just been so many maps like this :\ The map looks very plain. I suggest adding some more detailed shading and some more scenery. I hope it turns out well.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 4:19 am
hmm i thought i put wter in there............ crud! i didnt put wter gfx in there could someone post link to it im really busy school starten

Sliker_Hawk
August 23, 2005, 11:16 am
quote:Originally posted by grunt211uhhh.....yeh i bet its cool but it wont work!
could someone tell me how to install it?
theres no read me and when i play it it says could not find senery water.....

You expect there to be a read me with every map which uses custom scenery?

And isn't installing it obvious? Theres a bmp.. And a pms.. Now, lets see what file type the scenery is.. and which filetype the maps are... Hmmm....

Anyway,
tay g0, more shading, better water and less base on existing maps would make this map good.

papasurf31
August 23, 2005, 11:58 am
Since DeMonic seemed to miss this one...

Your shading is ugly, and hardly makes sense half the time. The path up to the base area is completely single colored, and the base doesn't even look like one. You have the light parts of polygons in just teh oddest of places, far away from any conceivable light source, and that single spotlight scenery feels so out of place, and doesn't blend in well at all with the background, which is whole point of it getting darker near the bottom. You can even see the gap between the ground and the bottom of the light. That's just sloppy.

Your scenery placement in general is okay, but it doesn't use enough orginality and repeats too frequently. The water is just plain ugly, using that color of blue for anything is completely wrong. You need to severely dull the color. I doubt you will ever see water that looks like that.
And if you do, you'd probabaly be high. The blue blended in with the bottom of the lake thingy is nice, but it's dragged down by the fact that your choice for color in the first place is so horrible.

Your background, as many of the above posters have meantioned, is too dark near the top. This map needs some serious work, so try and improve either on this one, or the next one.

Have a nice day =3