( search forums )
Lapis_Lazuli
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Happy Camper
August 22, 2005, 12:34 am
Thanks for being an (Please refrain from swearing), and locking my topic in the Bugs section, now no one will know about them after it slips onto the next page.

I think its obvious that the testers did not test the LAW after the Charge was put onto it. i notised ALL of thos bugs the first time i played with it, so shove a another stick up your ass you pice of (Please refrain from swearing)

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 12:43 am
haha

_Mancer_
August 22, 2005, 12:49 am
Just deal with it dude

Happy Camper
August 22, 2005, 12:56 am
But he had to lock it, because i said that the beta testers didnt test the LAW?

i mean, is it not truth? and can you say ego? and can you say power abuse?

Zero72
August 22, 2005, 1:13 am
Wow. The more you run your mouth, the more you look like a moron. Please go away; I fear you may be contagious.

Vijchtidoodah
August 22, 2005, 1:24 am
Yeah! (Please refrain from swearing) the man! Lapis is a powerhungry machine! Why he would delete an abusive thread, I have no idea...

Hitman
August 22, 2005, 1:34 am
Erm, sorry to disagree with you all but I don't see anything abusive about that thread. All it had were Law bugs which couldn't be used to an advantage; the complete opposite actually.

We did find one of the bugs namely the invisible Law, but as far as I'm aware of, and I've checked the beta forum, we didn't discover the other two. I have no idea why Lapis locked that thread.

Happy Camper has got a point though, many of us did stop using the Law after the delay was implemented.

mar77a
August 22, 2005, 1:35 am
Lapis is planning to became the uber leet forum admin with more topics locked :P

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 2:01 am
I set your topic so it wouldn't be archived, Happy Camper. Besides;

All 1.3 Bug Submissions are supposed to go here.

It took long enough, but I finally have a flame thread in my name. [/checks it off the list]

Happy Camper
August 22, 2005, 4:13 am
quote:Originally posted by Zero72Wow. The more you run your mouth, the more you look like a moron. Please go away; I fear you may be contagious.

you have no idea who your talking to, so i wont say anything.

quote:Originally posted by HitmanErm, sorry to disagree with you all but I don't see anything abusive about that thread. All it had were Law bugs which couldn't be used to an advantage; the complete opposite actually.

We did find one of the bugs namely the invisible Law, but as far as I'm aware of, and I've checked the beta forum, we didn't discover the other two. I have no idea why Lapis locked that thread.

Happy Camper has got a point though, many of us did stop using the Law after the delay was implemented.

thanks for the back up, i didnt mean the thread in any hostile way, i thougt i'd just point out some bigass bugs with the LAW, that makes it harder then it needs to be.

quote:Originally posted by Lapis_Lazuli I set your topic so it wouldn't be archived, Happy Camper. Besides;

All 1.3 Bug Submissions are supposed to go here.

It took long enough, but I finally have a flame thread in my name. [/checks it off the list]

Didn't mean this as a flame thread either, i just thought it was a little bit (Please refrain from swearing)ed up, i try to help out, and i get shot down, that kinda pisses me off.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 4:33 am
"Many of us"? Everyone stopped using LAW :I

August 22, 2005, 4:43 am
Yeah, its now utterly useless unless you know how to time things and draw your target. But oh come on, tons of ppl in asian servers are good at that, they always seem to LAW me easily, despite the charge up time.

The Geologist
August 22, 2005, 4:47 am
quote:Originally posted by Happy Camper)... so shove a another stick up your ass you pice of (Please refrain from swearing)

Yea, that's not hostile.. -_-

Happy Camper
August 22, 2005, 4:51 am
like i said..i was pissed

quote:Originally posted by EF_Rune"Many of us"? Everyone stopped using LAW :I

Lmao.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 7:05 am
Agreed, everyone did stop using LAW. althought law can be gotten used to and used to decent effeciency, human nature is to take the easy way out, and the easy way out in this situation in knife. Instead of wasting weeks trying to master the new law, people just picked up knife and got used to it in 1 day.

Zero72
August 22, 2005, 7:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Happy Camperyou have no idea who your talking to, so i wont say anything.My what?

Unless you're a direct family member or a high government figure, I don't care WHO you are.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 9:45 am
these flame threads are SO unnessesary. grow up people.

and if someone flames me for that, then you'r the one with the fat moma and nazi father..

Vijchtidoodah
August 22, 2005, 10:01 am
People still use the LAW. I, for one, and many other people keep murdering me with it. The delay is nothing big, it just takes the advantage out of it. Now all of the secondaries are fairly equal (in the normal modes, at least).

STEELIX
August 23, 2005, 11:35 pm
That'll teach'm!

Kazuki
August 24, 2005, 12:01 am
The only reason I'm posting in this thread is to say that I still use the LAW. Pure and simple.

If you have a conflict, chances are most of us don't care. That is why we have a PM system, and there is also the option of e-mailing.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 12:54 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliIt took long enough, but I finally have a flame thread in my name. [/checks it off the list]

*pats Lapis on the back*

Today, my friend, you become a man.

LazehBoi
August 24, 2005, 1:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Happy CamperI think its obvious that the testers did not test the LAW after the Charge was put onto it.

Hahahaha. Oh man...

Happy Camper
August 24, 2005, 2:46 am
lazeh, i've heard directly from many of the beta testers themselfs that the didnt use it after that was put on.

hahaha...oh man

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 3:19 am
@Happy Camper:

I'm a beta tester. I use the LAW. =\

LazehBoi
August 24, 2005, 3:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Happy Camperlazeh, i've heard directly from many of the beta testers themselfs that the didnt use it after that was put on.

hahaha...oh man

I'm a beta tester. I tested the LAW. I admit it did get nerfed a bit too hard, but i'm sure you'd be whining MUCH more if it had bink. What else could we do? Leave it? It was overpowered.
I'm awaiting your awesome balanced LAW weapons.ini!

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 3:34 am
[IMAGE]

The Geologist
August 24, 2005, 3:39 am
Bua ha ha. Nice.

Kazuki
August 24, 2005, 4:35 am
I, too, am a tester, and quite obviously, I've already given my point of view.

Still, I love the speed at which this is heading nowhere. What are you trying to accomplish with this? Seriously, think about it next time.

frogboy
August 24, 2005, 6:29 am
I've started to use the LAW now, since everyone thinks it's useless. And it isn't.

I'm also a beta tester.

Chakra`
August 24, 2005, 7:37 am
I am also a beta tester, and I think you're right. Mexico isn't a real country, it's just a 'place' with borders.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 9:09 am
Its like Beta Tester Anonymous in here.

"I used to drink. Now I rape childrens."

frogboy
August 24, 2005, 9:22 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`Mexico isn't a real country, it's just a 'place' with borders.

And it has foreigners.

August 24, 2005, 9:57 am
so how 'exactly' does one become a beta tester?

Aquarius
August 24, 2005, 10:06 am
quote:so how 'exactly' does one become a beta tester?

I dunno, but asking such questions disqualifies you right away.

August 24, 2005, 10:31 am
Lol, asking. It probably wont be me cos all the servers for beta testing would have rlly rlly high ping and impossible to play on.

Kazuki
August 24, 2005, 4:28 pm
lmao @ Chakra and Lapis.

LazehBoi
August 24, 2005, 4:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by 117so how 'exactly' does one become a beta tester?

If you're interested, you should hang around in IRC.
I have no idea what's going to happen with testing though. A lot of people are pissed off because they didn't get to test, and I personally would like to see a open beta for bugs and stuff now that the balance is actually decent.

Aquarius
August 24, 2005, 5:07 pm
Lazeh I have been proposed to be a beta tester but I had to say "no", because of some circumstances, so STFU. I would never hang on IRC to get to any beta team (like you? Just guessing...), I thinks it's pretty lame.

edit: oh, it's my response to the part you just deleted. Think first, write later. To bad I didn't quote.

LazehBoi
August 24, 2005, 5:09 pm
I edited before you posted. Think first, write later.

In any case, yeah. I edited my post because I realised it was a rude thing to say, so I said something different.

Aquarius
August 24, 2005, 5:10 pm
Be original.

Yeah whatever.

LazehBoi
August 24, 2005, 5:15 pm
[IMAGE]

DeMonIc
August 24, 2005, 5:25 pm
It will only take a short time until we get from the topic of beta testing to the topic of nazi dictatorship. Just wait and see!

ráz0r
August 24, 2005, 5:53 pm
Why are all of the beta testers not even close to being "above average." Don't see the point in making the beta testers really bad players when other players could take the game a little bit further in a test. I mean beta testing clanwars = demonic, chakra & dna styx vs. michal marcinkowski, pienne & frogboy.... now.. I doubt you will find out much about weapon balance here. Maybe ask some well known skilled players, and before you all start posting, WHAT LIKE YOURSELF? OMG THIS IS GOING NOWHERE. Or you will completely change the subject, try actually thinking about the benefits of it. All the weapons getting used to their full potential or some average players.. im pretty sure it would be like a public server during the beta testing periods atm.. and if thats the audience your trying to grow and not help out the people who have been there done that & ate the t-shirt and stuck by soldat for a long time. You choose, but I think you already did. *cough* bullet time *cough*

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 6:00 pm
We did the weapon balance the best we could. I consider 1.3 a test version just like any other. Besides; you can edit the weapons yourselves. There's no big issue to argue over.

Chakra`
August 24, 2005, 6:12 pm
1. Bullet time was entirely Michal's idea.

2. Weapon balance is surely best tested by slightly-above-average players like us who've seen the numerous changes and events in previous versions.

3. If weapons were used to their full potential, the results would reversed; that the beta testers wouldn't understand how they'd benefit us average players.

4. In what way are the weapons unbalanced now? I've never known them to be so close to perfect.

5. After talking to Michal, he doesn't really like serious gamers or orientate the game around them. Considering he spends most of his gaming time camping in bushes with a saw, i'm not suprised.

6. I beat you 30-16 in an m79 duel. I never use m79. Ahar. Ahar. Ahar. I am the l33tness.

August 24, 2005, 6:17 pm
Lolz, im not expecting to be a beta tester. It's just that maybe in twenty years time, if soldat is still alive, someone might remember me, lolz. Anyway, i got no IRC, and if i did, i wouldnt hang around.

raz0r, what do you mean by Above Average? And it doesnt matter if the beta testers aren't good, the point is, the find the bugs and report it. Sure there are better players, but then if they said it was too easy, Michal might tune it down until the point where you must key a correct combination of letters when they appear on screen in a sequence to reload. Even worse: List out each procedure. EVENWORSE: remove jets.

So, ppl dont care if the beta testers are n00bs.

ráz0r
August 24, 2005, 6:21 pm
So your saying soldat isn't a competitive game? Make your mind up Chakra.

LazehBoi
August 24, 2005, 6:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by ráz0rWhy are all of the beta testers not even close to being "above average." Don't see the point in making the beta testers really bad players when other players could take the game a little bit further in a test. I mean beta testing clanwars = demonic, chakra & dna styx vs. michal marcinkowski, pienne & frogboy.... now.. I doubt you will find out much about weapon balance here.
So why are you saying FrogboY and I are really bad players? I'm not trying to protect my e-penis or anything but you could mention people you've actually played with in your example.
How long you've been playing for and your general attitude towards working with others comes first. l33t hax skills comes second.

DeMonIc
August 24, 2005, 6:45 pm
I am amazed by how you pulled that out of Chakra's post.

And you tell me that I turn your words inside-out.

Chakra`
August 24, 2005, 7:02 pm
Of course it's competitive guv. But surely you of all people have noticed the difference between 'serious' comepetitors and casual decent players like us.

Want to get the likes of Tompenny doing beta? You should've listened to Ok interview him on Soldat Radio...the guys a f***ing loon. He treats barret like a way of life, a zen. Only ever striving to perfect his aim. Doesn't like working in teams because it hinders his barreting ability. Stuff like that. Close enough to a direct quote.

You're better off with us all-rounders guv.

Keron Cyst
August 24, 2005, 9:27 pm
quote:Originally posted by Chakra`... Bullet time was entirely Michal's idea....
Pwn.

quote:Originally posted by Chakra`... In what way are the weapons unbalanced now? I've never known them to be so close to perfect....
I think the M79 is a bit more powerful now with the added launch strength (how much ground it covers) and the extended ricochet angle. Other than that everything's really good.

quote:Originally posted by Chakra`... After talking to Michal, he doesn't really like serious gamers or orientate the game around them. Considering he spends most of his gaming time camping in bushes with a saw, i'm not suprised....
More pwn; yet another of the few people who disagree and agree with me (who is a serious and non-serious gamer) at the same time! xD

ráz0r
August 24, 2005, 9:58 pm
quote:
I think the M79 is a bit more powerful now with the added launch strength (how much ground it covers) and the extended ricochet angle. Other than that everything's really good.

you can say that, but some players are impossible too get close too ;o. While they shoot you backwards.. although the balance is alot better than it was.

LazehBoi
August 24, 2005, 11:30 pm
quote:Originally posted by ráz0rquote:

you can say that, but some players are impossible too get close too ;o. While they shoot you backwards.. although the balance is alot better than it was.

It's easy to get close to a person in a tunnel. :p

Meandor
August 25, 2005, 1:45 am
Yes, it's easy to get close to a person in a tunnel, or generally in dark places, but it is even easier if said person is gagged up, tied in your shack in the middle of a lonely forest.
HAR HAR.
ANYWAY, speaking of beta testing, I have to admit that many well experienced players would be a nice addition to the beta testing team, but sadly the so said pro's that know what happens in oh-so-high-level clan wars often, when combined, make up a bunch of helpless weiners that can't come up with anything. Actually, I think the outcome would've been not as good as it was.
You also have to consider that clans aren't all. I mean, look at publics. Despite you are in contact mostly with clans, the majority of players are wannabe pro's, that means that they play in publics. Guess what, the m79 and barret are among the most annoying weapons there. You won't find people camping with barret in cw's most likely, but you will in a pub. The balance needs to be good for both, and this one is good so far, though it could do with minimal tweaks.

Fact#1 - Bullet-time was suggested multiple times before Michal added it.
Fact#2 - Jaz + beta = "I CAN'T KILL WITH M79 SOMEONE THAT IS 400 METERS AWAY AND IS SHOWERING ME IN HOT LEAD, LET'S MAKE ALL OTHER WEAPONS DO NO DAMAGE"
FACT#3 THIS TOPIC IS ABOUT BASHING LAPIS LAZULI FOR A RANDOM REASON, SO GET BACK TO IT.

HERE IS A PIC OF LAPIS TRYING TO HIT ON A GIRL USING SILLY TRICKS
[IMAGE]

frogboy
August 25, 2005, 1:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Meandorthe m79 and barret are among the most annoying weapons there.

Agreed. There are significantly more Barret and M79 users on public servers than other weapons - I've been killed more by M79 than by all the autos combined.

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 2:21 am
Odd that a topic meant to insult me has become perhaps the most intelligent weapon balance thread this forum has ever seen.

Meandor
August 25, 2005, 2:25 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliOdd that a topic meant to insult me has become perhaps the most intelligent weapon balance thread this forum has ever seen.

Yes. Last time someone tried to insult me it turned into a topic to flame paramud.

Happy Camper
August 25, 2005, 3:56 am
quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliOdd that a topic meant to insult me has become perhaps the most intelligent weapon balance thread this forum has ever seen.

You should so thank me for getting pissed over almost nothing

peemonkey
August 25, 2005, 5:55 am
ill never get to beta test.

Cookie.
August 25, 2005, 6:16 am
Ban meandor! There is a c0ck hidden behind the bunchie!

AerialAssault
August 25, 2005, 6:17 am
sticks up the ass you say? kinky