( search forums )
How long does a nade have to be in the air...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 12:39 am
...before it will hit someone?

I'm getting really super pissed at my nades actually going straight through people's bodies without doing any damage or exploding.

Does it have to be thrown a certain distance before it will have any effect now?

_Mancer_
August 22, 2005, 12:44 am
This annoys me too.. the person isnt even close to me but the nades pass right through em.

Hoodlum
August 22, 2005, 12:47 am
The exact same thing happened to me earlier.. The dude was right infront of me so I threw 2 nades and they wen't right past / threw him.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 12:50 am
Yeah, it's especially annoying, because I'm really counting on that nade to kill that person (or at least back him off me) so I can survive. It doesn't do any damage, I don't survive the encounter. :/

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 12:50 am
same keeps happening to me, i throw so few grenades i'd like for them to hit when i do

TheRelinquished
August 22, 2005, 3:58 am
More than likely it's just lag. You threw it where they were microseconds before, and that allowed it to pass through them. Happens all the time, obviously.

If you get a really really good server you'll notice that well-thrown nades really do the kind of awesome damage they're supposed to.

GAMEOVER
August 22, 2005, 4:53 am
My nades RARELY kill people people and I let off an ass load of em right on top of em but they lob 1 barely close to me and I die go figure XD

DeMonIc
August 22, 2005, 10:34 am
This was added to fix the "self kill in air nade-bug". Just try using nades as land-mines, or have them bounce before they hit your target.

Outcast
August 22, 2005, 10:51 am
quote:Originally posted by TheRelinquishedMore than likely it's just lag. You threw it where they were microseconds before, and that allowed it to pass through them. Happens all the time, obviously.

If you get a really really good server you'll notice that well-thrown nades really do the kind of awesome damage they're supposed to.

Er, no.

33 ms ping. He's about ~4 soldat height away from me and it goes through him. This happens a LOT. And if that would be true, the same would happen with bullets. Which it doesn't.
So you're mistaken.

mooseproduce
August 22, 2005, 12:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcThis was added to fix the "self kill in air nade-bug". Just try using nades as land-mines, or have them bounce before they hit your target.

Yup. Of course, it should really only effect YOU, not other people. Like, first 5 seconds(or till bounce) nades can't kill the thrower. But they CAN kill all those other freaks trying to shoot at you.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 2:33 am
I like moose's solution better. This is just annoying. Most of my nades that go through people would kill them without killing me. The distance is too far.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 2:49 am
Worst adition to soldat ever, terrible way of solving the problem.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 3:26 am
Alot of the time my nade will go throught them, and kills them.

F3nyx
August 23, 2005, 6:48 pm
This happens to me ALL the time. At first I wondered if it was just my imagination, but I'm always throwing a nade right thru someone at short range, and then on my next spawn making bunches of perfect medium-range throws that explode on contact.

This "fix" really isn't working.

quote: More than likely it's just lag. You threw it where they were microseconds before, and that allowed it to pass through them. Happens all the time, obviously.That doesn't explain why this only happens at short range. Plus, the effects of lag are much less severe at short range.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 7:15 pm
This is just an obligatory post agreeing with everyone :\

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 4:35 pm
I've found that this bug happens most when the opponent is really close (1 soldat height wise), and the grenade seems to pass right through, however this is only when I aim for the ground below them.

bond_james_bond
August 24, 2005, 4:51 pm
When someone is close to me and I wanna nade them to death, I just hold down the "throw grenade" button. "cooking" a grenade.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 9:03 pm
Considering you cant cook grenades in soldat I dont think thats a very good way of avoiding the problem :|

ráz0r
August 24, 2005, 9:21 pm
all on distance, usually if i hit someone with nade in mid air from long range they will die, but if were right beside each other.. im reloading and i throw a few nades through him none work.. so i usually just bounce them off the roof etc.. if i kill me and him .. for king and country !

grand_diablo
August 24, 2005, 9:33 pm
this bug is caused by a bugfix actually, because it IS the bugfix of the nade selfkilling bug. But honestly, I prefer nade selfkilling on too fast movement/shooting 180° downwards to the current solution. Undoing this has already been suggested to Michal.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 9:36 pm
Well, ive found that just hitting people with nades from a long distance so it smacks them ontop of the head or when they're up against a wall or ceiling and lodging a nade up against the wall/celing behind them to work.