( search forums )
Weird ways of playing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
karmazon
August 22, 2005, 1:57 pm
I'm pretty sure some people play in unusual ways. Maybe it's a really weird key configuration that forces you to not only use your hands, but also your elbows ? Maybe you without a mouse ? Or perhaps you play with a touchpad ?

I myself play almost all the time without looking at my soldat/cursor/action. I'll look everywhere(chat, kill log, scenery, mostly chat) but at where I'm suppose to be looking at. Sometimes I don't even look at the screen and sometimes I just zone out and start daydreaming. Suprisingly I still kill people.

sande24
August 22, 2005, 2:01 pm
LOL You must be teh_masterer then... (www.purepwnage.com ; the fourth episode)

Da cHeeSeMaN
August 22, 2005, 2:56 pm
nah i play normally...

August 22, 2005, 3:13 pm
I run backwards, it confuses the enemy making them think im retreating.

mickle89
August 22, 2005, 3:53 pm
Play with your eyes closed.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 4:16 pm
Usually I play with no clothes on and masturbate every time I get a kill.

Darkfist007
August 22, 2005, 4:24 pm
Its more so an odd way of shooting for me. When I make a long range shot (yes I use the barret) I quickly jerk the mouse up to about the level that a law would hit the guy that I just shot at, incase I miss (rarely) or the shot lags. I also always switch to the law after every shot. When I camp I camp in the most obvious spots, so obvious you would think no one would camp there, suprisingly sometimes they dont look in stupid places, but if they are that dumb let them die and whine.

sande24
August 22, 2005, 5:33 pm
camping is for noobs anyway...

peemonkey
August 22, 2005, 5:52 pm
M79 on enemy base, chainsaw my way through.

papasurf31
August 22, 2005, 6:03 pm
Um, I run with the socom out, see an enemy, take a few shots, and then switch to primary. It's how I play CS, but it makes more sense there.

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 8:11 pm
I never retreat ever, if theres a group of 5 guys ill try and kill them all. I never ignore guys either, if ive started to shoot a player ill chase him around the map untill hes dead or im dead.

_Mancer_
August 22, 2005, 8:50 pm
A lot of people have trouble killing me in 1v1s because I 'Dance' a lot.. and Im really unpredictable.

.alex.oner.
August 22, 2005, 9:03 pm
yea, proning through the air whilst in combat is good, switching on and off prone makes it harder for people to hit you, and there is various other various dodging techniques, most are common sense but nobody uses it, like rolling backwards from sudenly running forward, confuses the person shooting you and completely messes up their aim..

MikeShinoda.pheonix
August 22, 2005, 9:13 pm
quote:Originally posted by karmazonI'm pretty sure some people play in unusual ways. Maybe it's a really weird key configuration that forces you to not only use your hands, but also your elbows ? Maybe you without a mouse ? Or perhaps you play with a touchpad ?

I myself play almost all the time without looking at my soldat/cursor/action. I'll look everywhere(chat, kill log, scenery, mostly chat) but at where I'm suppose to be looking at. Sometimes I don't even look at the screen and sometimes I just zone out and start daydreaming. Suprisingly I still kill people.

That sounds like what I do, and I also "dance" as mancer does.

_Mancer_
August 22, 2005, 9:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.yea, proning through the air whilst in combat is good, switching on and off prone makes it harder for people to hit you, and there is various other various dodging techniques, most are common sense but nobody uses it, like rolling backwards from sudenly running forward, confuses the person shooting you and completely messes up their aim..

Ort.. proning is bad... I see it as bugging even though it isnt.

VodkaZombie
August 22, 2005, 9:45 pm
I play half dozed off if its 1:00 in the morning <-- Talent!

Felix
August 22, 2005, 10:02 pm
Sry for this msg:

VodkaZombie check your pm's

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 10:09 pm
hmmnm if im low on life and playing a death macth ill kill myself ALOT and in CTF ill go camp at the other base with just my shirt hidded by a box and point in the way of my base and there dont give me a second look intill i stand up kill them all and gett the flag LOL

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 10:11 pm
lol after i shoot my barrett i always take my knife out, ALWAYS

KeFear
August 22, 2005, 11:00 pm
Well, it's fun to play in a large variet of "techniques" in public games but few of these are worthful in clanwars...

TheRelinquished
August 22, 2005, 11:03 pm
Well sometimes I get wacky and use the Mini and Socom, which is an excellent combo for those who don't know/are nubs. What's fun is to run around with the Socom and blow people away (they usually don't take it seriously enough to avoid getting killed ^_^) and then pull out the Mini when I come across multiple or injured targets, which usually get mowed down.

<Mini&Socom3

Vijchtidoodah
August 22, 2005, 11:07 pm
quote:Originally posted by ZambinoUsually I play with no clothes on and masturbate every time I get a kill.

Welcome to the forums, Zambino. I just played you in U13 last night...You must masturbate quite often.

Keron Cyst
August 22, 2005, 11:59 pm
... or he only caps and hardly ever kills :-P

I don't really think I play "weird." I don't put the cursor right at the edge of the screen like n00bs tho' (not even when zooming with the sniper); I always keep a little space so I can see if something's happening behind me (even though I occasionally take a quick peek all over anyways).

nentendokid
August 23, 2005, 1:53 am
My cursor is always touching up against the end of the screen(its rreally far out)
I usually throw nades if theres a huge cluster of people. then take law then primary or something around that.

my name in the game is chronix if anyone is interested :p

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 2:38 am
quote:Originally posted by jebushunterhmmnm if im low on life and playing a death macth ill kill myself ALOT

People who do that are lame.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 5:21 am
Actually, I've been playing Chainsaw only with grenades. I'm pretty damn good at that >_>

August 23, 2005, 6:08 am
A REAL chainsaw user wouldn't use grenades.

Swarmer
August 23, 2005, 6:24 am
chainsaw only with gernades? sounds like me!

Witcher
August 23, 2005, 7:31 am
uhm... It looks like i'm the wierdest of u all, cause i DON'T play Soldat at all :o

But seriously: i never touch the end of the screen with the cursor, i always play with Winamp on (just can't make it without any music in the background :o), i usually (as 'almost every time') write something after getting killed (it's usually a ':)' emoticon or something :)), i ALWAYS tell people how n00bish they are when i'm getting out of the server, i try not to rely on my mouse while playing (damn A4tech (Please refrain from swearing)... :/), i just love shooting like equally with the bass in the songs i'm listening to (rythm shooting? :o) and i OFTEN, but really: VERY OFTEN use socom as a Primary :P

Sk8er
August 23, 2005, 10:02 am
Zambino said: Usually I play with no clothes on and masturbate every time I get a kill.

Yeah i play (SOMETIMES) with my clothes of and I mastrubate too...really...id u dont belive me than shoot ur self...xD

aprilninety
August 23, 2005, 10:27 am
hmm once my key configurations were so far apart, i stretched my fingers too far and i pulled my finger muscles...

yeah, my soldat injuries.

candiru
August 23, 2005, 3:12 pm
zambino hahahaha

August 23, 2005, 3:27 pm
Holy crap, playing with music in the background sometimes works. If i die, I always write XD or :D, but i don't say that everyones a n00b and leave the server. Some asian servers take ages to get into, and i wont just give the position up...
Playing to the rythm is sometimes wierd, if you play to something really fast, like unwritten law, you usually tend to be trigger happy and fearless, usually the first to charge if you're in a group and any weapon you pick is automatically easy to use, meaning if you drop your weap and pick up another one, you wont waste time searching for the want you want. If you played to something low tempo-ed, you'd take your time and review what you must do and relay info to your troops.

I tried this once: Throw a nade upwards in ctf_run near the tunnel and drop into the chute. If an enemy follows you, he gets blasted by the grenade. Also, if you are about to die, in a heavy firefight, throw ur knife directly upwards. Chances are, a person will come over and get hit by the knife.

Darkfist007
August 23, 2005, 5:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by sande24camping is for noobs anyway...

Yeah and you can frequently take out 5 people that are rushing you and shooting at you and only lose ~20 hp whith your rushing. Lol, n00b.

wunderbear
August 23, 2005, 5:47 pm
I follow people. I don't attack them, i just follow. I then take an extreme grudge against people who kill the person i'm following.

Or i just go nuts.

ráz0r
August 23, 2005, 6:03 pm
I control the mouse with one bumcheek and roll on buttons with the other one.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 6:54 pm
Yeah I use my eyelid to control the mouse and my arm hair to click fire :))

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 7:12 pm
I tried chainsaw only, but people started learning :(
Like whenever they'd see Zambino they'd just start retreating while shooting, so I started nading.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 7:57 pm
The trick with using chainsaw is to use nades :)

Also, you're best off trying to catch them by suprise. You can't let the enemy see it coming.

As for the whole "cursor at the edge of the screen" thing, I sometimes do that; like if I'm taking the low route in ctf_Run. Any other time I'm usually taking advantage of people putting their cursor up to the edge, such as when I'm, whaddya know, catching people by suprise with the chainsaw.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 2:03 am
Hrm. When I play, I try to be as dodgy and quick as possible, although i can make some evident mistakes that make me an easy target to hit. Sometimes ill randomly duck, or crouch fly in midair, or just crouch then fly diagonally towards them. My defensive tactics arent perfect so my offense provides my defense.

Another weird thing, is when I used to be good with ruger and used it as my main wep everytime, my cursor would always be way behind the person im shooting - sometimes on the otherside of the screen, and i would aim by lining up my cursor so my target is inbetween both of them. Now that my aim went to pure crap and i switched over to using Desert Eagles, my cursor is always above and slightly behind the person. I'unno, its just me.

_Mancer_
August 24, 2005, 2:24 am
quote:Originally posted by ExtacideHrm. When I play, I try to be as dodgy and quick as possible, although i can make some evident mistakes that make me an easy target to hit. Sometimes ill randomly duck, or crouch fly in midair, or just crouch then fly diagonally towards them. My defensive tactics arent perfect so my offense provides my defense.

Another weird thing, is when I used to be good with ruger and used it as my main wep everytime, my cursor would always be way behind the person im shooting - sometimes on the otherside of the screen, and i would aim by lining up my cursor so my target is inbetween both of them. Now that my aim went to pure crap and i switched over to using Desert Eagles, my cursor is always above and slightly behind the person. I'unno, its just me.

baaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea...

Kazuki
August 24, 2005, 4:39 am
Haha. I just rush. That's about it. I don't stop to think, though it may seem like I would, me being the type of person I am. That's why I usually end up having almost as many deaths as I do kills, but it gets the job done.

Actually, if it's a good day, I might get around a 2:1 ratio.

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 5:55 am
I usually maintain a 2:1 ratio as well, sometimes ive gotten it to 4:1. About my ruger aim, I dont know why, my cursor just flies out of control, and I usually missed 1 out of every full clip, 75% of the time I didnt. This was back in 1.2.1 so id be pretty (Please refrain from swearing)ty anyways.

I dont know why my ruger aim went to crap randomly...I did nothing different, i just couldnt hit for (Please refrain from swearing)...was weird.

F3nyx
August 24, 2005, 7:23 am
quote:using Desert Eagles, my cursor is always above and slightly behind the person.I do exactly the same thing.

I don't think I really have any special quirks aside from that. I enjoy getting stylish knife kills, but who doesn't?

Deleted User
August 24, 2005, 9:40 pm
Meh, when I knife people I just get up close, or try to get above them and time it right to lodge it below and take their head off. Ill do some uber knife hits however just for fun when I can make them.

Jello
August 25, 2005, 4:05 am
I use E for nades and Q to switch weapons, although I'm not sure why. I think its because those were the controlls for Madness Interactive, which I played a little before Soldat.
Also, I switched my Throw Weapon key to Spacebar for easy knifing. Comes in handy.

August 25, 2005, 4:23 am
Isn't e for nades the default?

Deleted User
August 25, 2005, 4:25 am
Yes those are the default controls. I pretty much use all the default controls and default...everything except my chat key is the [Space] bar and my team chat is the [Up] key.

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 8:27 am
quote:Originally posted by cHuTquote:Originally posted by jebushunterhmmnm if im low on life and playing a death macth ill kill myself ALOT

People who do that are lame.

people that DO THAT "as in what you just did" are lame.