( search forums )
CTF Caverns
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 8:28 pm
This is my first map, I've only posted it on here so I could recieve comments about my map. I wanna know what to do, to better my next map.

If someone would like to DL this map, someone will have to tell me how to make it available for downloading.

Screenshot: (sorry it's not any better, but it's a big map)
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
August 22, 2005, 8:31 pm
Actually it looks nice, lack of shading, mate.

You can upload it like this:

1. Zip the files. (scenery, map)
2. Upload the zip here.
3. Link it here. (http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/store/"yourfile".

LazehBoi
August 22, 2005, 8:57 pm
It looks rad. Better than any CTF map I could make. Aside from the shading, one thing I don't like though, is the lower path to the base, Maybe you could make it a different shape instead, like a curve, because straight lines = a lot of nade spam.
Oh, also, the background looks a tiny bit odd... You're better off using custom-picked colours that aren't too saturated because it looks a bit odd.

Raptor
August 22, 2005, 9:50 pm
The map is excellent! but as Zipp0 said, it needs shading and I don't like the texture.

DeMonIc
August 22, 2005, 10:12 pm
Other than that it needs a total graphical re-make, it has a horrible and unplayable layout (too many routes) ;< If it's as big as it seems, players won't find each other unless it's 8v8 or 10v10, and the flag carrier can hide in the tunnels forever, making the game a giant stalemate.

Have a nice day ^_____^

Keron Cyst
August 22, 2005, 11:38 pm
First three things that popped into my mind: too symmetrical, not enough scenery, & no shading. Other than that it looks great for your first.

Avarax
August 23, 2005, 11:59 am
the tunnels all have the same height, i dont like that

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 7:53 pm
Thanks for the feed back.

PS. I made this map in about 5 hours

The Geologist
August 23, 2005, 8:56 pm
Good job on a first map! Looks cool, but here are a few suggestions:

1) Shading (as others have said) works wonders in making a map look and feel more realistic.
2) Tighten things up a bit and make it smaller. Very large map, lots of tunnels...it can make for a long, long game (not in a good way :P).
3)Consider putting some roughness in these routes. They're so open and flowing..very camper friendly. On that note, so many routes can kill gameplay when it's intended to improve it. Focus things a bit..concentrate on gameplay and getting those Soldats where they need to go.

Hope this helps. Great first map!

a-4-year-old
August 24, 2005, 2:16 am
i like it. good job same thing everyone else said yada yada yada great job looking forward to playing in it but the textures look kinda weird...

Deleted User
September 13, 2005, 1:09 am
so where can we download it ????

mar77a
September 13, 2005, 1:26 am
Wazzup wis reviving old topics man? Not that this a 5 stars map...Just PM the author.

CottonTheMoth
September 13, 2005, 10:45 pm
Man..that reminds me of Liero so much...

Deleted User
September 18, 2005, 12:34 am
that map looks so dumb
to improve make it a little smaller and darken it a bit up
im not trying to be mean but it is dumb looking srry